Recent Topics

Ads

Warhammer Fan, First Time Player

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
DropkickPiper

Warhammer Fan, First Time Player

Post#1 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:46 am

Hello everyone! Like the title says, I’m someone who’s taken a shine to Warhammer Fantasy lore in the past few years. I’ve been playing a variety of mmos over the past couple decades, but I never got into Warhammer Online back in the day. As a New Years project in 2024 I felt like it was time to change that. In particular I’m a big fan of RP, and I’m keen to see if RoR still hosts an active scene. Regards, good to meet you all!

Ads
Albais

Re: Warhammer Fan, First Time Player

Post#2 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:21 am

Welcome to the server!

There is some role-playing going on, but it is not the heavily scripted kind that can found on WoW RP servers, for example. Rather, it's a combination of light RP while fighting in RvR (via talking in character, using text macros, and special fashionhammer). Two active RP-RvR guilds are 'Da Freebooterz' and us, the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers.
Image Granur Loriksson Image Dvali Gembeard Image Skirvir Azrilgrund

Ixlevomaxlxl

Post#3 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:09 pm

o/

Welcome! I hope you decide to stay. Should you ever find yourself "stuck" or need someone to group with, shoot me a direct message. Just some advice from a long time fan of MMORPGs and a new fan of Warhammer lore [I did play LIVE; only pvp'd with limited pveing]:

Take breaks; they keep the game interesting and allow your mind to rest which gives you the ability to do more than smash buttons.

You will hit the mid tier blues; at some point you're going to run into someone or some group that challenges you, this is normal, and you may feel like quitting. If you can push through, things will adjust.

The meta isn't everything; the quicker you find YOUR playstyle, the quicker you can double down on YOUR role. Always play what brings a smile to your face.

last one, Have fun; some people find fun killing things, some find fun healing things, some find fun leading, while others have fun leading optimized groups. Basically, its a game. Be as sweaty as you want but know that not everyone will find the same fun as you, so when you find some that do. Stick with um.

Paxsanarion

Post#4 » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:13 pm

Ixlevomaxlxl wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:09 pm o/

Welcome! I hope you decide to stay. Should you ever find yourself "stuck" or need someone to group with, shoot me a direct message. Just some advice from a long time fan of MMORPGs and a new fan of Warhammer lore [I did play LIVE; only pvp'd with limited pveing]:

Take breaks; they keep the game interesting and allow your mind to rest which gives you the ability to do more than smash buttons.

You will hit the mid tier blues; at some point you're going to run into someone or some group that challenges you, this is normal, and you may feel like quitting. If you can push through, things will adjust.

The meta isn't everything; the quicker you find YOUR playstyle, the quicker you can double down on YOUR role. Always play what brings a smile to your face.

last one, Have fun; some people find fun killing things, some find fun healing things, some find fun leading, while others have fun leading optimized groups. Basically, its a game. Be as sweaty as you want but know that not everyone will find the same fun as you, so when you find some that do. Stick with um.
Welcome to the server! And this is great advice :-)