Recent Topics

Ads

remove wards or make sentinel/bloodlord and weps buyable with war tokens.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Parallels66

Re: remove wards or make sentinel/bloodlord and weps buyable with war tokens.

Post#21 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:15 am

IndiscreetJewels wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:08 pm
Spoiler:
Culexus wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:04 pm This whole situation shows how flawed gear progression is in this game. The fact that people save their warcrests from lvl1 to buy endgame gear/potions and gear up exclusively through pve until then should show that something is wrong. Imagine being a new player and realising you've handicapped yourself by buying pvp gear as you've leveled.

PvP gear should drop in bags again, including city. Warcrests should be there to help you buy those last few pieces of a set and for stuff the doesn't drop like sc weapons, it shouldn't be the only way to gear up via pvp.

EDIT: So i've just had a look at how much it actually would cost to go from lvl1 to BiS gear.

So let's say you want to play a tank and want to go from lvl1 to BiS main and off-set.

Let's say you go 8 sov + 2 sc weps for BiS SnB. That's 12,333 crests.

Now you want an off-set, let's say 6 sov/3 vic and inv 2h. That's 11,123. You can add another 10k for true BiS for the ranked jewel.

So for a tank to get 2 sets of BiS you need 23,456 crests (33,455 including ranked jewel for true BiS)

Now let's say you play RoR because you love PvP and have no interest in PvE so you only buy PvP gear. That would cost you:

Dec - 75
Obl - 102
Dev - 220
Anni - 352
Conq - 849
Vanq - 1691
Inv - 4567 (3680 without jewel)

That adds a total of 7856 crests to your total amount if you don't PvE.

So to go from lvl1 to BiS for both main and off-set buying only PvP gear you would need a total of 31, 312 crests (41,311 including ranked jewel). That's without buying a single pre t4 sc weapon, a single piece of pre BiS off-set gear, pots that use crests, or any pieces of Warlord gear.

This is all just for one character. Every time you level another alt you have to go through this whole grind again without anyway of shortening it through gear drops like you would in PvE. It's the full amount of crests required and nothing else.
But you don't have to get BiS offset. You certainly don't have to get it immediately as you ding the RR when you can wear it. Shouldn't having BiS equipment for both your main spec and your off-spec mean that you just enjoy playing this class in all its aspects and, thus, are ready and willing to put in the time to actually play it? And if you just want to explore other aspects of the class, having a cheaper offset than BiS, mixing and matching set pieces will allow you to explore the gist of it -- if it turns out you enjoy it, well, than you can invest the time and effort to develop it further.

Also you don't even have to have BiS equipment for your main spec to fully enjoy the game and meaningfully participate in all its aspects. That goes for SnB tanks especially: you can do, literally, anything in Vanquisher gear and be effective at it.

What you say is a common complaint, but I can't understand why so many players seem to think that the game only becomes playable when in BiS. BiS wont save you from being zerged/blobbed. BiS won't make you into a one man killing machine or healing god. BiS won't even make you really carry SCs all on your own without a party or at least a few competent players with you. And if you have a party or at least a few competent players with you, you can still play, compete and enjoy the game pre-BiS gear. When you are getting rolled by a Sov premade: it's not just the Sov gear that is rolling you, it is also the time and experience these players have on their toons. Seriously, try playing your character, it's quite fun.

people arent saying the game is only playable in bis. the game is an mmo, people play mmos to progress and enjoy and make their characters more powerful, that is quite literally the single most important core aspect of an mmo, progression of character + transmog collecting. quite a few players also make a character, level it up, gear it up until bis, then work on another character.

with the lack of pve and no way to get said items,even if its just the weapon and not sent ring, quite a few people cannot collect certain appearences, cannot work towards bis, cannot work to "finishing" their character (that said, sentinel ring is insanely important cos of the talismans + the weps are the go to weapon by a metric mile for some classes). i dinged 40 the day before pve was disabled at rr44, im not far off rr78 and i may potentially be RR80 with enough crests to get my sov but not enough to spend on invader+vanq ward. with the recent update from devs saying bs is "soon, no eta currently" and BS was the most near complete dungeon by decent bit i believe. i and many many many others could be waiting unknown amount of months for bbbe/cnt to come back to get the weapon and ring they would like to "complete" their build. if im rr80 and cant even use the sov i can buy without killing my crest progress, thats probably game over for me and ill just stop playing until stuff is fixed and readded. i personally dont enjoy alts, i like progressing 1 character to bis in multiple spec builds and if i cant do that, thats that. disabling core aspects of progressions with no access to certain bits of it should be an insane red flag for the devs. even if they leave sentinel ring/bloodlord weps/cape etc for influence gains to still get people to do the dungeons when theyre back out, there still should be access towards the basic elements of the dungeon like the sentinel weapons and sent/bloodlord armor sets. people will still do bbbe/cnt for sent ring, people will still do bs for bloodlordweps and cape appearences etc. the current system with lack of pve sucks for progression and pvp enjoyment.
Skargraive the Chosen - [Unreal]

Ads
waerter

Post#22 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:01 am

I think 1-3 months without the dungeons and therefore the Sentinel,Bloodlord or Vale-Walker sets is annoying but bearable. If it gets longer, it would be really good to have an interim solution.
But in this case it would be really good if the developers realistically estimated the time required. We've already had enough "in 2 weeks" running gags.

Kassavir

Post#23 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:37 am

I think 1-3 months without the dungeons and therefore the Sentinel,Bloodlord or Vale-Walker sets its too long waiting.
Shud be the alternetive if it will takes that long

IndiscreetJewels

Post#24 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:50 pm

Spoiler:
Parallels66 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:15 am
IndiscreetJewels wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:08 pm
Spoiler:
Culexus wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:04 pm This whole situation shows how flawed gear progression is in this game. The fact that people save their warcrests from lvl1 to buy endgame gear/potions and gear up exclusively through pve until then should show that something is wrong. Imagine being a new player and realising you've handicapped yourself by buying pvp gear as you've leveled.

PvP gear should drop in bags again, including city. Warcrests should be there to help you buy those last few pieces of a set and for stuff the doesn't drop like sc weapons, it shouldn't be the only way to gear up via pvp.

EDIT: So i've just had a look at how much it actually would cost to go from lvl1 to BiS gear.

So let's say you want to play a tank and want to go from lvl1 to BiS main and off-set.

Let's say you go 8 sov + 2 sc weps for BiS SnB. That's 12,333 crests.

Now you want an off-set, let's say 6 sov/3 vic and inv 2h. That's 11,123. You can add another 10k for true BiS for the ranked jewel.

So for a tank to get 2 sets of BiS you need 23,456 crests (33,455 including ranked jewel for true BiS)

Now let's say you play RoR because you love PvP and have no interest in PvE so you only buy PvP gear. That would cost you:

Dec - 75
Obl - 102
Dev - 220
Anni - 352
Conq - 849
Vanq - 1691
Inv - 4567 (3680 without jewel)

That adds a total of 7856 crests to your total amount if you don't PvE.

So to go from lvl1 to BiS for both main and off-set buying only PvP gear you would need a total of 31, 312 crests (41,311 including ranked jewel). That's without buying a single pre t4 sc weapon, a single piece of pre BiS off-set gear, pots that use crests, or any pieces of Warlord gear.

This is all just for one character. Every time you level another alt you have to go through this whole grind again without anyway of shortening it through gear drops like you would in PvE. It's the full amount of crests required and nothing else.
But you don't have to get BiS offset. You certainly don't have to get it immediately as you ding the RR when you can wear it. Shouldn't having BiS equipment for both your main spec and your off-spec mean that you just enjoy playing this class in all its aspects and, thus, are ready and willing to put in the time to actually play it? And if you just want to explore other aspects of the class, having a cheaper offset than BiS, mixing and matching set pieces will allow you to explore the gist of it -- if it turns out you enjoy it, well, than you can invest the time and effort to develop it further.

Also you don't even have to have BiS equipment for your main spec to fully enjoy the game and meaningfully participate in all its aspects. That goes for SnB tanks especially: you can do, literally, anything in Vanquisher gear and be effective at it.

What you say is a common complaint, but I can't understand why so many players seem to think that the game only becomes playable when in BiS. BiS wont save you from being zerged/blobbed. BiS won't make you into a one man killing machine or healing god. BiS won't even make you really carry SCs all on your own without a party or at least a few competent players with you. And if you have a party or at least a few competent players with you, you can still play, compete and enjoy the game pre-BiS gear. When you are getting rolled by a Sov premade: it's not just the Sov gear that is rolling you, it is also the time and experience these players have on their toons. Seriously, try playing your character, it's quite fun.

people arent saying the game is only playable in bis. the game is an mmo, people play mmos to progress and enjoy and make their characters more powerful, that is quite literally the single most important core aspect of an mmo, progression of character + transmog collecting. quite a few players also make a character, level it up, gear it up until bis, then work on another character.

with the lack of pve and no way to get said items,even if its just the weapon and not sent ring, quite a few people cannot collect certain appearences, cannot work towards bis, cannot work to "finishing" their character (that said, sentinel ring is insanely important cos of the talismans + the weps are the go to weapon by a metric mile for some classes). i dinged 40 the day before pve was disabled at rr44, im not far off rr78 and i may potentially be RR80 with enough crests to get my sov but not enough to spend on invader+vanq ward. with the recent update from devs saying bs is "soon, no eta currently" and BS was the most near complete dungeon by decent bit i believe. i and many many many others could be waiting unknown amount of months for bbbe/cnt to come back to get the weapon and ring they would like to "complete" their build. if im rr80 and cant even use the sov i can buy without killing my crest progress, thats probably game over for me and ill just stop playing until stuff is fixed and readded. i personally dont enjoy alts, i like progressing 1 character to bis in multiple spec builds and if i cant do that, thats that. disabling core aspects of progressions with no access to certain bits of it should be an insane red flag for the devs. even if they leave sentinel ring/bloodlord weps/cape etc for influence gains to still get people to do the dungeons when theyre back out, there still should be access towards the basic elements of the dungeon like the sentinel weapons and sent/bloodlord armor sets. people will still do bbbe/cnt for sent ring, people will still do bs for bloodlordweps and cape appearences etc. the current system with lack of pve sucks for progression and pvp enjoyment.
About the 'playable only in BiS' side of things: while you might not feel like it, the person I replied to certainly seemed to convey that sentiment and there are other people who think similarly.

While I understand that for completionist and transmog purposes these sets are unavailable, there are also plenty of other things to collect and dress up in. There are goals that you can set, that you won't be able to complete until the dungeons arrive (looking at you title fiends).

You mention multiple things that you can't do progression wise, but all of those things you can. I recently leveled IB strictly as SnB (so very few crests from killing blows) all the way from CR 1-40 and now into 80s and going through wards only through PvP. I purchased all the ward sets and even some side set pieces here and there and was able to afford full Sov+weapon+shield somewhere early into rr 80 I think. So I know for a fact that by the time you will be 80, if you haven't spent too many crests purchasing multiple sets in one ward, you will get full Sov. Note that 78-80 is, I think a good couple of million renown points, it's going to take you a while. So I disagree that the current system sucks for progression if by that you mean that it hinders progression or makes it impossible. Slower? Yes. But by no means impossible. Does it hinder pvp enjoyment? Not really, since you can equip alternatives that will work just as well as the desired pieces.

Also, I invite you to think what are you going to do with all your crests that you earn after you are full sov and 80. Maybe full sov+80 isn't the promised land you think it is and arriving there a little bit later will only prolong your enjoyment of the game as well as better prepare you for the goals that you set yourself after reaching this milestone (like collecting off sets, where you, depending on the class, will actually benefit quite a lot by having set pieces to mix and match as you progress into the off set).

To conclude, though, yes, I get it, it's frustrating, you are not getting what you want. I'm not denying that. I'm just trying to point out that there are more options available to you if you are ready to not be hyper fixated on the one thing that is unavailable to you. :)

bw10

Post#25 » Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:20 am

just add pve pieces to rvr bags for the meantime. oh they wont do it because its a simple and elegant solution so its a big nono

Parallels66

Post#26 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:51 pm

Still waiting on dev reply if anything is going to be added for an alternative path for sentinel stone acquisition. Some of those weapons make or break specs eg; 2h tanks.

With bs being "almost complete" on patch day and thus far still nor released 1+months since patch now, going off that schedule i would expect cnt/bbbw to be released in a timeframe of 2-3months, if going by months and a bit for hv then month and a bit for cnt/bbbe.

Having no real alternative to certain weapons from sentinel stones or ability to acquire as some of the important weapons arent influence rewards eg: hand of malal. Having some kind of vendor that sells a single sentinel stone would reduce the player friction caused by the patch a bit.
Skargraive the Chosen - [Unreal]

Helwer

Post#27 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:31 pm

Asking myself what it gives to some people telling others they are wrong instead of adressing the core problem. Yes you can tell me you never played any dungeon, you can also tell me you don't need it for bis cause you are an imba crest-collecor. You just won't get bis or close to it for lots classes without dungeons or CH22.

Man, if you have such a small "personality" that really makes me sad. You can do whatever you want - facts are: Dungeons and CH22 don't work and that gates parts a low player base from whatever they want. Not the players asking for that implemented but gated stuff are wrong. Please think about it before posting nonsense, thanks.

For all that can't keep their opinion: Yes you are the special snow flake your mother always told you. And i tell you something more: You are a very special snow flake, get over it.

Everdin

Post#28 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:12 pm

Helwer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:31 pm Asking myself what it gives to some people telling others they are wrong instead of adressing the core problem. Yes you can tell me you never played any dungeon, you can also tell me you don't need it for bis cause you are an imba crest-collecor. You just won't get bis or close to it for lots classes without dungeons or CH22.

Man, if you have such a small "personality" that really makes me sad. You can do whatever you want - facts are: Dungeons and CH22 don't work and that gates parts a low player base from whatever they want. Not the players asking for that implemented but gated stuff are wrong. Please think about it before posting nonsense, thanks.

For all that can't keep their opinion: Yes you are the special snow flake your mother always told you. And i tell you something more: You are a very special snow flake, get over it.
It's not gatet, it's under development, would love to see you doing a dungeon where every mob is bugged as hell and at the end nothing drops cause of bugs. But hey, let's complain further, fact is, dungeons are not there atm, get over it, use crests to get wards or run around in blue gear, doesn't matter at all for most of us snowflakes here ;D
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
Helwer

Post#29 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:14 pm

Everdin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:12 pm
Helwer wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:31 pm Asking myself what it gives to some people telling others they are wrong instead of adressing the core problem. Yes you can tell me you never played any dungeon, you can also tell me you don't need it for bis cause you are an imba crest-collecor. You just won't get bis or close to it for lots classes without dungeons or CH22.

It's not gatet, it's under development, would love to see you doing a dungeon where every mob is bugged as hell and at the end nothing drops cause of bugs. But hey, let's complain further, fact is, dungeons are not there atm, get over it, use crests to get wards or run around in blue gear, doesn't matter at all for most of us snowflakes here ;D
There were playable dungeons, you remember? I didn't ask for ability rework that kills pve. Thanks. Nothing to see here for you.

Wdova

Post#30 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:28 pm

ShadowWar wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:16 pm I have literally never done any dungeons other than Sewers (which I did once to help someone get gear and to help test right after the changes). You can still get your gear in a timely fashion. I'm RR74 on my KotBS, and need about 6k more crests (discounting the 10k triumph ring) to get what I need. I should be there near RR80, especially if I make sure to do the weekly RvR and SC.
You never done other PvE than Sewers and You are fairly new to this game. There are ppl who leveling theyr 5th,6th,7th character to rr 80+ and does not want to spend more time than necesary in proces. Saving crests for triumph/Warlord/Sovereign and level up in sent,Bloodlord gear was perfect way for it.
If You took the longer way is Your choice.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+