Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ReturnOfReckoning
Staff

Patch Notes 18/12/2023

Post#1 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:38 am

General

Combat Buffs:

A quick note that combat buffs which apply to your groupmates (like Guard, Runepriest/Zealot buffs, etc) no longer cross between zones in order to avoid causing server issues. This means that when you move pairings, you'll want to refresh your buffs prior to entering the fight again, just like you would in a Scenario.

The exception to this is maps that are all connected in the same pairing - if your warband fights first in Dragonwake and then moves to Eataine or Caledor, you won't need to refresh any buffs, as these maps are all part of the same T4 Pairing.

New Quest:

New Quest "The Pecking Order" has been added for level 40 players. This quest will send players back to T1 RvR Lakes and awards a choice of a Chicken Trophy for completion. As the previous requirements for the Chicken Trophies were largely not attainable, we've added this quest to give players a way to get these trophies while also encouraging them to party up and help out newer players in T1.

To begin this fowl quest line, look for the "Mysterious Chicken" near Altdorf's central plaza or The Inevitable City's Apex area.

RvR Campaign Changes

Ram Damage has increased by roughly by 30% when hitting Keep Doors. (Previously, it was doing about half the damage compared to the old system.)

All Keep Lords have had their Health reduced by ~17%.

Keep Lords that are also Tanks, which were previously able to become immune to damage and took too long to kill, can no longer become immune to damage and should die a bit faster now.

PvE Balancing

Beastlord: Skarlok

Beastlord Boss Skarlok has had his self-healing ability put on a longer cooldown. As before, it is highly recommended to use a heal debuff in this fight.

Skarlok's Brood, the Champion mobs spawned during this fight, have also been (very slightly) reduced in overall power. This encounter should now be much more doable for parties around level 36.

Gunbad: Masta Mixa

Masta Mixa was overperforming just a bit, and has seen a couple adjustments to his power:
  • Mixa Fanatics (Masta Mixa adds) have been changed from Champions to regular mobs
  • Masta Mixa's staff was a bit too difficult to destroy, and has been changed from a Hero to a Champion

Bug Fixes

[21722] - Oil can now be properly placed and poured at High Elf and Dark Elf keeps.

[21744] - Fixed the typo in this quest chain's completion text.

[21814] - The High Elves have hired a couple more guards to watch over the Caledor Keep Flight Master.

[21835] T1 Debolster has been adjusted to fix some abilities working incorrectly.

Additionally, all of the below bugs have been fixed - click any link below to view the details:

[21839] - Beastlord: Skarlok too strong
[21830] - Liniment of the Inexorable Aegis
[21840] - Keep Lord's HP seems overtuned
[21828] - teather
[21842] - Steady Aim increase Ap cost by 50% instead of 25%
[21831] - Quest - Filth in the Rough
[21808] - Dok covenants
[21774] - [Orders Must Be Followed] Minor typo in quest hand in text
[21814] - Caledor Destro ability to get behind keep flight master
[21800] - [Magus] Rend Winds magus ability no longer triggers weapon procs.
[21807] - Pilfer proc can be blocked after patch.
[21804] - Renown from Mob
[21817] - Sorc Tactic Grasping Darkness is draining 200 AP instead of 20 AP
[21810] - Dots are causing massive fps drop
[21816] - WE - cannot switch to Kiss of Betrayal while Prowling
[21767] - War Report & Supplies
[21789] - Multiple RoR Aegis buffs possible, incorrect duration, no "viral" effect
[21775] - Shadow prowler can be interrupted by any directional ability
[21778] - WP M1 Divine Aegis requires you to be in melee range to use ability.
[21787] - duplicate DoT on tiger type mob in Reikland
[21754] - Unclean disconnects during combat don't result in a kill
[21760] - Mara-Flames of Fate
[21744] - Sorc-Dhar wind no longer undefendable dmg
[21764] - Tank-Guard
[21735] - SH: Shoot Tru Ya (M3) can be blocked
[21741] - Code text on Magus portrait
[21722] - Caledor Keep oil
[21734] - File not found (archiveasset data)
[21709] - [Item] [Potion] AP potion reuse error
[21708] - Guard ability affected by abilities that increase cooldown
[21724] - Tail Swipe (Ailment) is stacking in PvE
[21714] - Mastery Tree Abilities with Incorrect Level Requirements
[21710] - [Ability] Snare immunity works with error
[21703] - Shadowarrior's Shadowstep let you go through every terrain, texture etc. in any direction
[21699] - "Quiter" debuff from scenario shows 15m and restarts on login
[21696] - Quitter! is 15 min long
[21688] - Bugged NPC abilities: Invisible Boar 40% snare
[21687] - Obnoxious NPC abilities: Stackable Head Debuffs
[21677] - WP Sigmar's Wrath cooldown reduction stacking with Whispering Wind
[21672] - Chosen Dire Shielding applying to all allies instead of group members only
[21670] - Elixir of the Cauldron doesnt work correctly
[21663] - Invader's items vs Amory
[21661] - [Tanks] Champion's challenge or [SW] Whirling pin
[21657] - BO's AoE "WAAAAAAAGH!" spell not debuffing enemies corporeal resistance.
[21655] - RoR Aegis only applies to self and not also to nearby friendlies
[21649] - WE - Witchbrew Can Stack Indefinitely
[21645] - Lava does no damage
[21644] - oil can be moved and used in the RVR lake
[21636] - BO punt wont imune
[21632] - AP regen is disabled when channeling
[21631] - Distracting Roar- Slayer detaunt cooldown isssue
[21628] - can pounce on keeps wall and send pet
[21620] - BO: Can't Hit Me! not proccing bellows
[21608] - When you go incognito (the bar is filling up) and you are beeing hit the timer doesnt cancel it s canceled by a few ms
[21606] - Inevitable Doom expiration incorrectly syncronizing
[21602] - Blocking AP Regeneration
[21600] - Sacellum Dungeon IC: Broken Warhound enemy knockback provides no immunity
[21598] - Block and parry stats seems not working properly
[21595] - Live Day 1 - AM -Wind Blast
[21591] - Oil in RVR is insane
[21579] - Tracer Rounds (Engi tactic) isn't working
[21578] - AAO buff / debuff does not seem to apply
[21574] - Squig pet will disappear after no specific time after mounted up
[21567] - tether addon not working
[21559] - Gun bad - Consume Soul of Solithex (Gun bad) is totally **** up
[21711] - Welf Shadow of Death doesn't work
[21707] - Wh Purgatory doesnt apply
[21692] - Punting a KDed target is not working 80% of the time
[21719] - Gork Sez Stop persists after death

Ads
MaxHayman
Management

Re: Patch Notes 18/12/2023

Post#2 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:15 am

Warhammer Online - Age of Reckoning

Today we will be performing a commemorative server shutdown to remember what we lost all those years ago, and to also celebrate the fact that WAR NEVER ENDS!

Join us at Martyrs Square at 11pm (Altdorf/CET) the hour leading up to the the shutdown.

Twitch Drops will be enabled, find out more here. Join us and your other favorite streamers as we look back on the Age of Reckoning.

Video games, from hardcore shooters, to casual mobile games are played in almost every household in the world. Early video games, much like books and movies, can be enjoyed at any time, decades into the future. However, as these video games become more increasingly connected we become ever dependent on third parties to allow you to continue playing. When these third parties discontinue their services these games will be lost and future generations will never be able to experience these works of art. As games become more and more sophisticated preservation efforts like Return of Reckoning will become harder and more time consuming.

Video game preservation: Is the industry torching its own legacy? - gamesindustry.biz

Games Workshop have been doing an amazing job at trying to work with developers to ensure the back catalogue of Warhammer games are available on marketplaces like Good Old Games (GOG).

There is an amazing video which highlights some of the amazing efforts the GOG team goes to uncover the legal messes involved to find how they find a way to allow these games to be sold.

GOG: Preserving Gaming's Past & Future - Noclip

Thank you to everyone who worked at Mythic and beyond to create this wonderful game. Thank you to all the amazing people who have worked with us at Return of Reckoning over the years. Thank you to all the players who make it all worth while.

The sever will be up again after approximately 5 minutes.
Max Hayman

Gladiolix

Post#3 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:27 am

Good lord, SHUTDOWN FOR GOOD, thought it meant this server :DD
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

akisnaakkeli

Post#4 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:40 am

PRAISE HAIL!

aelic

Post#5 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:34 am

Gladiolix wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:27 am Good lord, SHUTDOWN FOR GOOD, thought it meant this server :DD
I had a Small heart-attack at first ;)

normanis

Post#6 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:32 pm

well maby for such big day need make x2 event?
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Emissary
Community Management

Post#7 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:38 pm

My heart skipped a beat when i seen this on my phone this morning. I have however calmed down, I am old so please be careful in the future. :)

I am glad this is happening about the time I get home so I can be involved in this. I remember the same feeling running home 10 years ago to be on when they shut the servers down for real.

I remember looking at all my high rr characters and being extremly sad to see all that time go to waste, as about this time 90% of all my friends had already left and Avocetti and just a few others were on at that point.

Though looking back, I do not miss the characters as much as I do the friends I made along the way. Some are actually gone for good due to irl deaths and some just did not stick around throughout the changes on this server. I miss them all, but I am thankful for the new friends I have made these past 8 to 10 years and the chance to get to re-live one of the best games ever created.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Lilim

Post#8 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:40 pm

Hey,

if you are streaming and you do not see the "drops enabled" message please contact a CM staff member (not me!), we will add you to the whitelist as soon as we can. Thank you!

Ads
Akalukz

Post#9 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:11 pm

Emissary wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:38 pm My heart skipped a beat when i seen this on my phone this morning. I have however calmed down, I am old so please be careful in the future. :)

I am glad this is happening about the time I get home so I can be involved in this. I remember the same feeling running home 10 years ago to be on when they shut the servers down for real.

I remember looking at all my high rr characters and being extremly sad to see all that time go to waste, as about this time 90% of all my friends had already left and Avocetti and just a few others were on at that point.

Though looking back, I do not miss the characters as much as I do the friends I made along the way. Some are actually gone for good due to irl deaths and some just did not stick around throughout the changes on this server. I miss them all, but I am thankful for the new friends I have made these past 8 to 10 years and the chance to get to re-live one of the best games ever created.
Well said.
-= Agony =-

Topdude

Post#10 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:10 pm

I see all those bug fixes and nothing for engi except "fixing" tracer rounds ([21579] - Tracer Rounds (Engi tactic) isn't working) which didn't need fixing. A simple reslotting of the tactic fixed it for me.
How about:
21586 - strafing run doesn't knockdown
or
21584 Concussion grenade doesn't KD
or.. or how about giving us engis back ANY type of a knockdown/punt?!?