Recent Topics

Ads

New Player from Guild Wars 2

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
RaxaGobbo

New Player from Guild Wars 2

Post#1 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:56 am

Cheers everyone!

I'm a newcomer from Guild Wars 2 where my mates have been recommending me to try Warhammer Online out for quite some time now, and since I'm a big fan of open world PvP, I thought hell with it what can I lose, let's try it out! :roll:

I have a long history of playing open world PvP, from Guild Wars, Archeage and Elder Scrolls Online, and I've been leading guilds into battle in each of them, which is my main interest in these games so I'm hoping I'll like the PvP in Warhammer and how it feels to lead a group! Unfortunately since this is a private server I couldn't lure my usual crew over so I'll be starting from scratch, but should be even more fun. :D

From what I can see and the little reading and research I've done, there's a lot of people here but I don't know how much room there is for new people to create public and more premade groups for open world, but that's what I'd like to focus on the most and if I like it here, I hope you don't mind a newcomer learning the ropes of leading in this game too! I learn fast and I have tons of experience from other games! :mrgreen:

Ads
RaxaGobbo

Re: New Player from Guild Wars 2

Post#2 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:58 am

Oh I've forgot to say I started on the evil side, not sure how the side balance is here - hopefully I'm not stepping on toes!

Albais

Post#3 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:01 pm

Welcome to the server! :)

Here are some links that I think will be helpful to you:

- A guide to installing the game.
- A link to the official discord server (I very much recommend you to join it and check the pins, especially those in the #gameplay-advice channel, which you'll see once you have been verified).
- Our official wiki with tons of helpful information like for example guides covering the two types of PvP (instanced scenarios and open RvR) as well as how and where to get gear, details about the very important renown system and so on.
- And a great and very detailed guide of the game (it is still being worked on, but the sections about gameplay basics are complete and cover pretty much all there is to know about important gameplay mechanics).

Have fun and see you on the battlefield!
Image Granur Loriksson Image Dvali Gembeard Image Skirvir Azrilgrund

Scottx125

Post#4 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:14 pm

Be aware we're currently going through a new ability system so there will probably be some bugs/balance issues. Hopefully most of the bugs will be sorted out by the end of January.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

RaxaGobbo

Post#5 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:18 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:14 pm Be aware we're currently going through a new ability system so there will probably be some bugs/balance issues. Hopefully most of the bugs will be sorted out by the end of January.
Oh is there anywhere I can read about this, or how big of a deal is it? I hope I didn't start at a bad time :?

Xiruccio

Post#6 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:46 pm

9 years SFR server GW2 player here.
Everything WvW/PvP related, from solo roam to Guild raids to Pug groups.

I waisted 9 years of my life, instead of playing WaR ---> RoR that happened in the ''background''/parallel.

Rotgut

Post#7 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:59 pm

RaxaGobbo wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:18 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:14 pm Be aware we're currently going through a new ability system so there will probably be some bugs/balance issues. Hopefully most of the bugs will be sorted out by the end of January.
Oh is there anywhere I can read about this, or how big of a deal is it? I hope I didn't start at a bad time :?
viewtopic.php?t=51520

TL;DR They just dropped this Ability Rework patch, which was NOT (as state) meant as a balance patch - those will come in a month or two. The code was a bit of a mess earlier and the Devs didn't have the ability to change things as much as they wished. Now they do, and those are still on the works.

Imo you joined in a perfect time. Game isn't very balanced or optimized at the moment, but everything is being worked on with more freedom and depth than it was previously possible. By the time the good stuff comes, you'll hopefully have a few mid lvl or fresh 40s character spread around and a good idea of what u enjoy to play.

Tillirage

Post#8 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:15 am

Friendly tip go back to guild wars 2 man. Exponantially better game.

Ads