Recent Topics

Ads

Stop matching players who sign up for discordant against premades

Let's talk about... everything else
Tisaya

Stop matching players who sign up for discordant against premades

Post#1 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:16 pm

This is ridiculous. I sign up for solo sc and get matched against 2 full 80+ premades

I don't care if there's not enough population. I would rather wait for days to a single pop than get matched against a premade.

Ads
Rydiak

Re: Stop matching players who sign up for discordant against premades

Post#2 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:46 pm

If they are queuing individually how are they a premade? Are players a premade simply because they are geared or high RR?
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Everdin

Post#3 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:10 pm

Just because you get stompt does not mean it's a premade, discordant is just random matched together stomp
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Tisaya

Post#4 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:44 am

Everdin wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:10 pm Just because you get stompt does not mean it's a premade, discordant is just random matched together stomp
You get matched against premades if there's low population, even if you sign for discordant only.

fontin

Post#5 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:19 am

i thought it was only me, qued disco and matched with premade.

georgehabadasher

Post#6 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:26 am

I've also been matched with a premade in a discordant queue. Yes, an actual premade of players who were on discord together. (I know these players and checked their discord).
Last edited by georgehabadasher on Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

shoelessHN

Post#7 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:42 am

If the pop is low they'll just solo queue and group up when the sc pops. Has been that way with the .pug and now discordant for years.

Tyrodan

Post#8 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:32 am

Rydiak wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:46 pm If they are queuing individually how are they a premade? Are players a premade simply because they are geared or high RR?
There is definitely a bug in the matchmaker that throws premades into discordant matches. I know because I was running with a 6-man once, we queued and ended up in a very easy scenario. Afterwards I wanted to check some healing numbers, because I missed it when leaving too fast and was then dumbfounded when I read on the killboards scenario summary page, that it was supposed to be a discordant sc. We should have never ended up in this sc.

I can vouch we didn't do any weird shenanigangs, we we're just a 6-man roaming in orvr and queueing for the odd sc on the side. We are completely fine to face other premades and never has anyone from this team ever mentioned something about dodging queues or anything.

After this incident I checked my scs for several days but it never happened again, so it seems to be somewhat rare. Still I wouldn't dismiss people when they tell you they were facing full 6-man premades, that were clearly acting like they are organized and on comms. Also it doesn't have to be malicious intent by the premade.
Last edited by Tyrodan on Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Everdin

Post#9 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:58 am

Tyrodan wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:32 am
Rydiak wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:46 pm If they are queuing individually how are they a premade? Are players a premade simply because they are geared or high RR?
There is definitely a bug in the matchmaker that pitches premades into discordant matches. I know because I was running with a 6-man once, we queued and ended up in a very easy scenario. Afterwards I wanted to check some healing numbers, because I missed it when leaving too fast and was then dumbfounded when I read on the killboards scenario summary page, that it was supposed to be a discordant sc. We should have never ended up in this sc.

I can vouch we didn't do any weird shenanigangs, we we're just a 6-man roaming in orvr and queueing for the odd sc on the side. We are completely fine to face other premades and never has anyone from this team ever mentioned something about dodging queues or anything.

After this incident I checked my scs for several days but it never happened again, so it seems to be somewhat rare. Still I wouldn't dismiss people when they tell you they were facing full 6-man premades, that were clearly acting like they are organized and on comms. Also it doesn't have to be malicious intent by the premade.
So there may be a rare Bug, never experienced this on my own, in the most cases the pugs on the other side are just the better players. Good players organize themself even in discordant without beeing a premade
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

francomes

Post#10 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:14 pm

Funny, wonder what the argument of the "just queue discordant" team would be now...

It seems you can't avoid em even if u try actually queue what you should