Recent Topics

Ads

Dark Elves Meta - All Classes

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
illumin8ted

Dark Elves Meta - All Classes

Post#1 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:29 pm

I started a thread on the Chaos side and thought it would be good to get this information for Dark Elves as well:

As a player trying to figure things out it is always challenging to keep up on what works and what doesn't. I have leveled a couple toons to 40 and was told the way I had been playing was "wrong." The people explaining this to me were not rude at all and were helpful and seemed willing to talk me through the change, but this conversation seemed to happen in the middle of a Warband so it wasn't the right time for instruction. So I was hoping to collect the current DE Meta for what works best. I want to talk about different gear types (1h, 2H, SnB, Chalice Etc) different builds as well as establishing the different Stat priorities for each class. I think it would be nice to have all of this information in one up to date post.

At the end of the day I am all for letting people play the game the way they want to. So this is not about shaming people or discouraging trying new things. Focus on why your build is good and what the benefits are. Maybe even share what it lacks and where it is weak. I don't expect each person to know all the DE classes so just talk about the one you are most familiar with. I look forward to hearing what you have to say!

Ads
Absinth

Re: Dark Elves Meta - All Classes

Post#2 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:17 pm

DoK:
- Melee healer - Shield - STR
- Ranged Healer - Chalice - Willpower (you dont slot wp talis tho, bad scaling)

gear for both is up to discussion and depends on playstyle needs.
Maybe for chalice you could make an argument that you go always for sov + ranked healing set.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

illumin8ted

Post#3 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:39 pm

For Shield DOK (Melee Healer) Slot STR Talis. And even for Chalice doesnt sound like Willpower Talis are wanted. Does this mean that DOKs don't really use WP or that it isnt as beneficial as one would think? Is there some mechanic or tactic that converts STR into Healing Power?

Absinth

Post#4 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:06 pm

illumin8ted wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:39 pm For Shield DOK (Melee Healer) Slot STR Talis. And even for Chalice doesnt sound like Willpower Talis are wanted. Does this mean that DOKs don't really use WP or that it isnt as beneficial as one would think? Is there some mechanic or tactic that converts STR into Healing Power?
Shield dok deals damage and a portion of the dealt damage is conversed into healing. (for example, your bread n' butter ability consume essence deals 216 dmg, and then heals your party for 216hp + 80% of dealt damage), soo you build him into strength, ofc there are variations, some people go overly onto stacking block and parry, others go straight damage or crit, depending on what they want to achieve.

Chalice does not slot willpower just like every other healer because current willpower scaling is not worth statwise comparing to slotting wounds/armor or even toughness. The increase in heal output exists but the decrease in your survivability is not worth healing 100hp more on a cast. The amount of willpower from gear is sufficient to be a good healer.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

illumin8ted

Post#5 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:31 am

Thank you for the explanation. Makes sense!