Recent Topics

Ads

BO, Should I even bother?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tordek421

Re: BO, Should I even bother?

Post#31 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:37 pm

Detangler wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:43 pm Man, there are a lot of angry players on this thread. Honestly, BO isn't so doom and gloom like you all make it out to be.

The positives:

-Leveling up 2h BO is hilariously powerful in scenarios if you know to slot blue talismans and keep your gear up to date.

-BO sure seems to have the highest damage potential on squishies of any tank in the game.

The negatives:

Shield BO needs some love, for sure.

A decent single target punt is badly needed. Its what I miss more than anything when i'm on my BO, as you are missing a key ability that all other tanks have access to in some form.

Cooldown increaser should not be a 20 sec cooldown when IB gets the same on a 10 second cooldown.

Most buffs/debuffs are overwritten by Chosen Auras, and the ones BO has aren't really enough to make killing the shield BO a priority. Knight/Chosen can harass backline and make engaging tanks a priority. IB/BG can slap 20-30 second outgoing heal debuff on healers. A shield BO in the backline can be safely ignored.

Conclusion:

It can still be a fun class, but it is lacking a bit compared to other counter parts. Changes will be coming soon, and it has been stated by devs that BO is one of them that needs love. Be patient, play what you like, guard swap your squishies, and you will be welcomed in all groups, regardless of the "sky is falling" haters on this thread.
I think this is something important to consider, I guess the big hangup with 2h BO is that its not particularly viable outside of BiS, or at least that's the general consensus I have seen in my perusing of forums.
Da Waaagh Rollz On.

Ads
Hazmy
Community Management

Post#32 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:34 pm

Tordek421 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:37 pm I think this is something important to consider, I guess the big hangup with 2h BO is that its not particularly viable outside of BiS, or at least that's the general consensus I have seen in my perusing of forums.
Unfortunately this will be true to almost anything you start, especially for solo purposes - remember this server has been out for many years and the majority of players are veterans who have close to maximum gear.

I personally don't recommend choosing a class whether they need BiS or not, as you'll be limiting your choice and potentially your own fun a lot.

what63

Post#33 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:57 pm

Hazmy wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:34 pm
Tordek421 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:37 pm I think this is something important to consider, I guess the big hangup with 2h BO is that its not particularly viable outside of BiS, or at least that's the general consensus I have seen in my perusing of forums.
Unfortunately this will be true to almost anything you start, especially for solo purposes - remember this server has been out for many years and the majority of players are veterans who have close to maximum gear.

I personally don't recommend choosing a class whether they need BiS or not, as you'll be limiting your choice and potentially your own fun a lot.
Tanks don't need BIS for soloing. Chosen does more than fine in sent/BL, BO does okay enough at that tier pre-rework. BG is far more limited due to phys+no procs to cheese.

This does change soon, but as it stands, you only really need the bare minimum to be able to fight most order melees on BO solo without having your day ruined by the occasional 1v3 against WHs with the odd WL adding here and there.

shoelessHN

Post#34 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:13 pm

Okay so BO is fine because you can kind of solo in sub optimal gear or play a wannabe dps in scenarios.

Or you could just play a chosen and be better solo. Or an actual DPS in sc and do 3-5x the damage.

Panzer80

Post#35 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:45 pm

Fey wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:53 am SM getting a long punt, and BO getting a minor punt is incredibly insulting. Also Wings of Heaven will increase to 25 foot radius. That's an giant uncleanse-able aoe snare. Meanwhile just nerfs for the worst tank.

Looks like BO will be in an even worse state than now. I didn't think it was possible. Feels bad man.
SM already had a long undefendable punt that worked off block ;) Blorc...The only tank who can't break guard short of punting off cliffs. This keeps Blorc in the bush league as far as elite tanking goes. The biggest character on the battlefield with the weakest punts.. The first change is yet again a mid-range punt. At the very least give bloc more punt immunity to counter this handicap.
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

Fey

Post#36 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:18 am

I don't know if it's possible, but I would like to see a toss-type ability. Instead of punting your target forward, you toss them backwards over your shoulder instead. Make it the same range as normal punt, and because of melee range starting position it will be naturally shorter by about 10 ft.

This gives BO a proper "punt" but adds some flair to the mechanic. Or you can create a tactic that modifies the aoe punt into a single target long random punt.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Detangler

Post#37 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:43 am

Fey wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:18 am I don't know if it's possible, but I would like to see a toss-type ability. Instead of punting your target forward, you toss them backwards over your shoulder instead. Make it the same range as normal punt, and because of melee range starting position it will be naturally shorter by about 10 ft.

This gives BO a proper "punt" but adds some flair to the mechanic. Or you can create a tactic that modifies the aoe punt into a single target long random punt.
Maybe instead of a punt they tackle someone and charge them both forward like 50 feet or so.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Bozzax

Post#38 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:55 am

Detangler wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:43 pm Man, there are a lot of angry players on this thread. Honestly, BO isn't so doom and gloom like you all make it out to be.

The positives:

-Leveling up 2h BO is hilariously powerful in scenarios if you know to slot blue talismans and keep your gear up to date.

-BO sure seems to have the highest damage potential on squishies of any tank in the game.

The negatives:

A decent single target punt is badly needed. Its what I miss more than anything when i'm on my BO, as you are missing a key ability that all other tanks have access to in some form.

Cooldown increaser should not be a 20 sec cooldown when IB gets the same on a 10 second cooldown.

Most buffs/debuffs are overwritten by Chosen Auras, and the ones BO has aren't really enough to make killing the shield BO a priority. Knight/Chosen can harass backline and make engaging tanks a priority. IB/BG can slap 20-30 second outgoing heal debuff on healers. A shield BO in the backline can be safely ignored.

Conclusion:

It can still be a fun class, but it is lacking a bit compared to other counter parts. Changes will be coming soon, and it has been stated by devs that BO is one of them that needs love. Be patient, play what you like, guard swap your squishies, and you will be welcomed in all groups, regardless of the "sky is falling" haters on this thread.
No 1 2h BO in solo ranked by the looks of it don’t have any significant damage advantage to other tanks. In fact he/She are regularly out damaged by other tanks (except knights or IBs)

Ofc you can meme crit players that are underpowered or don’t spec FS/TB but is this really a metric that matter?

So KEEP CALM AND GUARD SWAP

Why not tell the guy to roll any other tank instead?
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
Detangler

Post#39 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:15 am

Bozzax wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:55 am

The positives:

The negatives:

Conclusion:

No 1 2h BO in solo ranked by the looks of it don’t have any significant damage advantage to other tanks. In fact he/She are regularly out damaged by other tanks (except knights or IBs)

Ofc you can meme crit players that are underpowered or don’t spec FS/TB but is this really a metric that matter?

So KEEP CALM AND GUARD SWAP

Why not tell the guy to roll any other tank instead?
Maybe because OP didn't ask "Is BO the preferred sweaty 6v6 tank god?" He asked "Is BO still viable and fun cause I really like Greenskins and will I be welcome in scenarios/orvr?" That answer is still a resounding 'yes.'
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Bozzax

Post#40 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:44 am

A resounding yes?

“ Should I just main my chosen and my choppa or is there no hope for us BO mains, damned forever into oblivion? ”

No there are no known improvements coming for BO (outside of punt for ranked) and last 4 years has been downhill.

No the devs or people they rely on haven't demonstrated that they understand the class what made it viable on live or why they broke the class. Nor demonstrated any interest in improving the class.

Ofc you can KEEP CALM AND GUARDSWAP and things may improve but I would main Choosen
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7