Recent Topics

Ads

Temporary Ability Test

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Everdin

Re: Temporary Ability Test

Post#31 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:52 am

While i appreciate the work on the server, and the progress of this project, it still feels like these changes could pull the plugs of this server.

There are significant changes on both sides, some more, some less impactfull. ... Yes, this is a temporary state, but it will last for at least weeks, and I dare to predict some of the temporary "nerfs" will hold on for a long time, due to the impact of some players regarding "balance".

I have a broad range of characters, if I feel one char is not playable anymore I just switch to another, but there are a lot of people here enjoying their one or two toons for a long time, and if they can't play anymore or just feel like they don't have an impact anymore in a fight, they will loose interest.

All this while another similar project is starting is a dangerous step.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
Waaghtastic

Post#32 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:13 am

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:46 pm We are beginning another stage of the new ability system testing. Over the weekend when we performed some server maintenance we encouraged people to log into our public test server which performed well.

We are planning on doing a test of the new ability system on Martyrs Square (Live Server) on Tuesday 28th November.

We are planning to go back to the old ability system on Wednesday 29th November.
Dear RoR Team,

when will be the return to the old ability system?

I appreciate the communication but it feels to me that after the announcement in the opening post there was no further communication like i.e.:
- test is now in progress, we will end the test on YY
- test finished

Best regards & thanks in advance

Yazeran

Post#33 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:08 pm

Discord - Return of Reckoning #server-announcements

We will be ending the live Ability System test at 13:00
Kaspar - WP RR80+ from Bene Tlailax
order alts: Kazador (IB), Hargin (SL) and 7 more
destro alts: Kash (Mara), Kashnik (Shamy) and 8 more

Morradin

Post#34 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:37 pm

Hugatsaga wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:17 pm Patch notes: "Fester getting nerfed" - people here: "not a balance change"
Patch notes: "Engi range getting nerfed" - people here: "not a balance change"
Patch notes: "WE & WH left tree getting hella nerfs" - people here: "not a balance change"

Either you guys are way too smart or this is straight from Animal Farm with 2 animals running the show and lot of you doing what the sheeps do.
I played all three of those yesterday and my WE. Nothing was done to them, that was not there at live. My partner is a WH player, he does not see any nerf either. Both of us agree that overall, all of our favorite classes were OK.

fatelvis

Post#35 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:50 pm

Quick feedback on engineer gameplay:
Pro:
- thounder mountain no longer swallows your turret
- turret skills appearing in trees and most likely improving with mastery points feels good (no idea if they do improve in current state)

Con:
- signal flare&incendiary rounds could only be cast facing the target (game called it fire cone)
- keg sometimes did not start after cast
- friction burn got parried a lot, like... a lot. Not sure if counting it as melee is a good call and/or working as intended
- turret hits were not included in the combat log. Only pet info I could get were the heals caused by the keg
- missing turret heal and turret starting with 3/4 of hp makes it quite tedious to keep up and play

On a side note: did bolstering work different/stronger in the other build? That lvl16 chosen must have made a fortune with me trying to find a way to bring him down.

Specialpatrol

Post#36 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:51 pm

- Grumble An' Mutter - Cooldown correctly starts when the ability is toggled off or ends.

I'm curious about the use of the wording "correctly" in this IB nerf. Any other ability - be it a HoT, DoT, Channel or instant - starts their respective cooldown, as soon as they're activated. Can you clarify why it is deemed "correct" to have the cooldown start at ability end (which can be up to 30s - making the effective cd 1.30 mins) for, seemingly, only this ability?
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

Shima

Post#37 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:00 am

I really don't care for this test. All I'd want is the WL back as a playble and viable class. I'm really upset with it's changes and if server will have a rollback or not, doesn't matter for me at all.