Recent Topics

Ads

[ Choppa ] Heal vs Tank duo?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Hazmy
Community Management

[ Choppa ] Heal vs Tank duo?

Post#1 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:23 pm

My friend decided to roll a Choppa on destruction side - what can I support him the best with, a Tank for guarding him or a dedicated healer?

And if you know, which class would you recommend?

Ads
fuzzbunny

Re: [ Choppa ] Heal vs Tank duo?

Post#2 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:00 pm

You can't go wrong with rolling a tank. Black guard and chosen tanks are the better of the three options.

Keep in mind that this game leans heavily into the RPG triad. Whether you go tank or healer - you're going to feel the missing archetype. If you do go healer, go shammy. The synergy between "chop fasta" and "fury of da green" is absolutely insane. That being said, the "chop fasta" ability may be going back to black ork next major patch.

Again, it's truly a trade-off between being a tank or a healer. You'll be missing an integral piece of the puzzle either way you swing it. Your best option would be to make another friend to fill in the missing role. In terms of server need, I want to say that tanks are more desired right now but take my word with a grain of salt. I don't have any empirical evidence to back up my reasoning.

Hazmy
Community Management

Post#3 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:04 pm

fuzzbunny wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:00 pm You can't go wrong with rolling a tank. Black guard and chosen tanks are the better of the three options.

Keep in mind that this game leans heavily into the RPG triad. Whether you go tank or healer - you're going to feel the missing archetype. If you do go healer, go shammy. The synergy between "chop fasta" and "fury of da green" is absolutely insane. That being said, the "chop fasta" ability may be going back to black ork next major patch.

Again, it's truly a trade-off between being a tank or a healer. You'll be missing an integral piece of the puzzle either way you swing it. Your best option would be to make another friend to fill in the missing role. In terms of server need, I want to say that tanks are more desired right now but take my word with a grain of salt. I don't have any empirical evidence to back up my reasoning.
Thank you! Yeah that's what I was afraid of - that choppa needs more than just one of the two sadly, but I thought Healer might be better since Destruction usually has lots of tanks no?

I am surprised to hear you mention tanks since there are SOOOOO many Chosen usually.

fuzzbunny

Post#4 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:53 pm

There are loads of them in the lower tiers. They tend to thin out at later levels. Maybe befriend one so that you have your trinity in place.