Recent Topics

Ads

Solo PvE Class Choice

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Caleb

Solo PvE Class Choice

Post#1 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:27 pm

If I would like to experience the full PvE Content & Lore of RoR ( I know - It's not the main content, but I'd just like to chill and experience it )

Which Class would you recommend or think is best suited to doing as much as possible Solo - even Bosses, potentially Hero Enemies?

Ads
Yazeran

Re: Solo PvE Class Choice

Post#2 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:41 pm

A think best for this is offensive spec or shield spec for WP/DoK
also any Tank should be good.
Or just look for any class with decent selfheal and defence.
Definitly not slayer/choppa, BW/Sorc

My IB can solo HERO 40+++
Last edited by Yazeran on Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaspar - WP RR80+ from Bene Tlailax
order alts: Kazador (IB), Hargin (SL) and 7 more
destro alts: Kash (Mara), Kashnik (Shamy) and 8 more

Caleb

Post#3 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:42 pm

Yazeran wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:41 pm A think best for this is offensive spec or shield spec for WP/DoK
also any Tank should be good.
Or just look for any class with decent selfheal and defence.
Definitly not slayer/choppa, BW/Sorc
Would an Engineer be able to solo well? Thank you for helping!

inoeth
Suspended

Post#4 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:43 pm

well there is only really one pve boss that is worth to farm and that is the fleshrender mob, for that you need a 2h tank with alot of regen, armor pen reduction and parry.

oh and there is also the regen chest mob, but i doubt it is soloable in any way

Yazeran

Post#5 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:44 pm

Yes Engineer is also good

Caleb

Post#6 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:46 pm

inoeth wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:43 pm well there is only really one pve boss that is worth to farm and that is the fleshrender mob, for that you need a 2h tank with alot of regen, armor pen reduction and parry.

oh and there is also the regen chest mob, but i doubt it is soloable in any way
I mainly want to fight everything and complete every quest I find - like I said it's not for efficiency and stuff - I'd just like to chill and explore as much of the PvE content as I can!

Find & Kill things just for the fun of it!

Yazeran

Post#7 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:55 pm

I think if you only want to solo relaxing in PVE and farming PQ you can do it. But it will not give you benefit for gear in higher tiers. Because in the moment when you are able to beat final PQ boss solo you will not already need gear who he drop. So if you need PVE PQ gear you have do PVE in group.

But doing quests for story is nice!

Caleb

Post#8 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:57 pm

Yazeran wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:55 pm I think if you only want to solo relaxing in PVE and farming PQ you can do it. But it will not give you benefit for gear in higher tiers. Because in the moment when you are able to beat final PQ boss solo you will not already need gear who he drop. So if you need PVE PQ gear you have do PVE in group.

But doing quests for story is nice!
That's fine for PQs or other hard content - I just want to be able to do as much alone as possible, so looking for a good class for that!

Especially considering there's probably not a lot of maniacs like me who just want to do PvE and quests and exploring for the fun of it.

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#9 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:17 pm

Not sure if obvious enough but you cant completely skip PvP on any class and still be able to kill heroes of 40++. I hope you understand that clear. Yes, even as dps/shield wp/dok cr40/rr1, however they have highest chances for that with pve gear from dungeons catering their off specs bu still it will be very sh** experience.
My first thought is Chosen. You will need renown rank 45 at least to equip 5 conq, pvp regen 2h weapon, regen chest and some fleshrenders. In such setup chosen is able to solo kill kyria. Your avoidance is pretty much passive, wounds proc and regen is your selfsustain, killing power is very low so will take you alot of time to bring mobs down.
In regards to BiS chars there are tons of them who is capable of soloing pve stuff. Basically everyone besides slayer/choppa, bw/sorc as it was already mentioned (they can do solo too, but its most unpleasant pve solo experience with those classes, lots of downtime, tweaks etc).

Caleb

Post#10 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:21 pm

nocturnalguest wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:17 pm Not sure if obvious enough but you cant completely skip PvP on any class and still be able to kill heroes of 40++. I hope you understand that clear. Yes, even as dps/shield wp/dok cr40/rr1, however they have highest chances for that with pve gear from dungeons catering their off specs bu still it will be very sh** experience.
My first thought is Chosen. You will need renown rank 45 at least to equip 5 conq, pvp regen weapon, regen chest and some fleshrenders. In such setup chosen is able to solo kill kyria. Your avoidance is pretty much passive, wounds proc and regen is your selfsustain, killing power is very low so will take you alot of time to bring mobs down.
In regards to BiS chars there are tons of them who is capable of soloing pve stuff. Basically everyone besides slayer/choppa, bw/sorc as it was already mentioned (they can do solo too, but its most unpleasant pve solo experience with those classes, lots of downtime, tweaks etc).
Thank you - I understand that and is fine. I don't mind doing PvP as a side activity in order to help my PvE experience - I just mainly want to focus on the Tome of Knowledge, exploring and questing!

If you had to choose on Order side would you still have a recommendation? Or is Marauder also a good choice in Destruction? I appreciate your help!
Last edited by Caleb on Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.