Recent Topics

Ads

Introducing: The Great Cook Off!

Get organized here and slay that monster, or challenge your enemy to an epic battle on the battlefield.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Noxxe

Re: Introducing: The Great Cook Off!

Post#11 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:19 pm

The Plan
While I love both my Destro and Order characters, the cuisine in Order just range a bit closer to home (sorry Gobbo slop lovers).

Isha's Rose Rolls
We all know the elves like to have higher purer standards and food is no exception. While they may use the same ingredients, they always try to elevate their foods and stay true to the ingredient. So rather than a heavy stew my Archmage, Anoxxe, prefers a subtle-sweet rose roll in honour of Isha, goddess of the harvest, fertility, nature, life, healing and growth. And if she needs more energy for the battle ahead, this is smothered in a smoky maple syrup and apple glaze.

Prosciutto Praag Plaits
My Warrior Priest, Anoxie, appreciates a hearty meal and this Praag Plaited Bread with Prosciutto is a perfect accompaniment to all the soups, stews and fondues this season! Made with a heavily kneaded wholemeal grain, this bread is tough on the outside and soft on the inside (just like her, aww) with a salty kick from the cured meat.

Dwarven Rock Cakes
Finally, my Rune Priest and chef of these delights, Anoxee, prefers her eats strong and chewy - long lasting! So these Rock Cakes pack a punch with their coco and coffee soil base and sweet mine-dust coating which cracks delightfully as they bake to give these cakes the rock-like appearance. She also prepared a Monster Butter for the Praag Plaits full of garlic and mountain herbs.

The Result
After a lot of effort, Chef Anoxee (the one who would love the hat) has produce a feast to bring all the order factions some joy this season. Happy eating!

Ads
gersy

Post#12 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:25 am

While Witch Hunters typically lead an ascetic lifestyle few can turn down a good, hearty stew made of freshest ingredients by the tavern's halfling chef. One such a Hunter has found himself on a long journey to the cold north and upon taking respite in an inn nestled above a tavern he found his stomach empty. Asking the barman for "whatever is most holy" on the menu he was swiftly served with a small terracotta crock full of meat and vegetables. Ground beef, potatoes, a bit of parsnip and other assorted local vegetables cooked low and slow in a broth made with beef stock, tomato for color and melted down onions and garlic cloves. Locals claim you may even find some horse meat and other ingredients in there, used for bolstering the stews and satisfying ogres come north during the Great Feast... the former may be something our Hunter might not have found the most holy. The menu read: "Today's Special: Bessie's Roots And A Little Extra". Though the name was not of concern, only filling his stomach for the long march ahead in service of the Emperor and in Sigmar's glory.

Spoiler:
Character: Gersy
Spoiler:
I read the part about showing the process after making the meal so some of my ingredients were used up and did not make the before photo. :(

Dana
Former Staff

Post#13 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:36 am

(We still wait for the rewards of the last event :P )
"A danger foreseen is a danger avoided."

Dana - WE
Horsegirl - DoK

Goryak

Post#14 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:38 am

Dana wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:36 am (We still wait for the rewards of the last event :P )

Poke Lilim in discord! :D

It took me a couple of messages for some months (eventhough she answers in a couple of minutes, only other staff members can send the rewards), but she poked the "higher ups" hard enough that my rewards came through.

10/10 for her assistance.

Have a go, I'm sure you'll get yours.
NUMBER 1 SHR :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock: O :shock:O :shock: O :shock: MIES CONSUMER!!!
RESPONSIBLY

BluIzLucky

Post#15 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:46 am

Noxxe wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:19 pm
Spoiler:
The Plan
While I love both my Destro and Order characters, the cuisine in Order just range a bit closer to home (sorry Gobbo slop lovers).

Isha's Rose Rolls
We all know the elves like to have higher purer standards and food is no exception. While they may use the same ingredients, they always try to elevate their foods and stay true to the ingredient. So rather than a heavy stew my Archmage, Anoxxe, prefers a subtle-sweet rose roll in honour of Isha, goddess of the harvest, fertility, nature, life, healing and growth. And if she needs more energy for the battle ahead, this is smothered in a smoky maple syrup and apple glaze.

Prosciutto Praag Plaits
My Warrior Priest, Anoxie, appreciates a hearty meal and this Praag Plaited Bread with Prosciutto is a perfect accompaniment to all the soups, stews and fondues this season! Made with a heavily kneaded wholemeal grain, this bread is tough on the outside and soft on the inside (just like her, aww) with a salty kick from the cured meat.

Dwarven Rock Cakes
Finally, my Rune Priest and chef of these delights, Anoxee, prefers her eats strong and chewy - long lasting! So these Rock Cakes pack a punch with their coco and coffee soil base and sweet mine-dust coating which cracks delightfully as they bake to give these cakes the rock-like appearance. She also prepared a Monster Butter for the Praag Plaits full of garlic and mountain herbs.

The Result
After a lot of effort, Chef Anoxee (the one who would love the hat) has produce a feast to bring all the order factions some joy this season. Happy eating!

Your forum posts to won competitions ratio is insane :lol:

Dana wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:36 am (We still wait for the rewards of the last event :P )
Got mine shortly after :)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Lilim

Post#16 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:52 am

Heyho,

Actually everyone got his rewards as far as I know. ;)

Ilmensulniire

Post#17 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:42 pm

Norscan Whale Steak:

Far up north in the fjords and ice-cold currents. The norscan whalers has got the finest meat for me. Dark meet. Just like a norse dwarf likes it. I serve it with gratinated mashed potatoes, caramelised mushrooms and onions, steamed vegies, a creamed pepper sauce and little bit winter berry-jam.

A good preparation is important. The mushrooms was taken from a goblin that was unfortunate to bump into me. Carrots from my own garden.

The star of the show. Made like my grandmother taught me. Mushrooms that is spiced with salt and pepper. Creamed and mashed taters. Later gratinated with chese made by the halflings in Mootland. Caramelised onions. And a creamed thick pepper sauce. I feel like an octopus with so much going on at once.

The finished product. Served with spiced blood mead and a smokey single malt. A great meal when it is cold and dark outside. Fills you up, and makes you want to take a nap when you are finished. Or maybe that is just because I am geting old.

Skål!

Character: Falkvor

Psitoc

Post#18 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:49 pm

That looks awesome mate, wish i could have a piece of it

Ads
zoccolo

Post#19 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:14 pm

What the Chosen Ones eat when they roam the Chaos Wastes.

Knock down a white lion. Tie him to a pole so that he can see you while preparing the recipe. As soon as he comes to consciousness, grab his dog by the scruff and chop off his snout, rip out his tongue and throw the rest at the elf's feet. This part is very important; it serves to add more flavor to the dish and will invigorate your spirit. Unceremoniously throw the tongue inside a pot with water collected from some nearby ditch and bring to a boil. A variable amount of time will pass from when it boils to when it is ready, depending on the circumstances. While waiting for it to cook, torment your enemy still tied to the pole.
Once cooked, skin the tongue. The dish is ready.

I forgot, kill the elf.

Here a fresh ripped out tongue

Boiled properly, now skin it

It's ready. Slice and eat with some salt and oil ... or just like this.

Last edited by zoccolo on Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zhentarim

Post#20 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:57 pm

Traditional Squigmas Slayerpie recipe stolen from Da Freebootaz masterchef!
Heres the ingredients: Slayerbits, stuntyteef, plundered vegetables, squigcream, squigcheese, stuntyfat, halfling-flour and some very rare rabbit eggs.
After having cooked most of it on the stove I saved some slayer eyes for decoration with the teef.
Pies being prepared for the oven, you can still see the hatred in the slayers eyes and thats how you know you got the right dwarf!
Pies out of oven and ready to be devoured
Having a piece, pretty good 4/5! I recommend it!

Merry Squigmas from Lad the Shaman