Recent Topics

Ads

What about Renown change in sc?

Let's talk about... everything else
rychu007

What about Renown change in sc?

Post#1 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:36 pm

Hello,

what do U think about change the way how renown is gained in scenario.

Current state of scenerio in most cases is that one side premade is "farming" pug. "Farming" in this situation is big word because mostly ppl wont feed and after quick smash they wait for surrender time.

Now many of these sov grp "skilled" players will respond like: "try to win" "form Your own premade" etc.
(they wont face opposite faction premade but farm non geared randoms. It can be ez found during sc event while ranked queue is dead but thats the other story).

My idea is to get flat amount of renown every 50 or 100 points of scenario instead of kills.
That will force players to do objective instead of farming warcamp.
Some scenarios are itself about fights to get objective points so those "farmers" will have still their cookie in killing noobs while many other players will try to play smart and do objectives to try outplay overgeared or better matchuped side to get some rr rewards.

What do You think?

Ads
Sulorie

Re: What about Renown change in sc?

Post#2 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:18 pm

I'd like to see less flat rewards and more contribution based rewards.
Dying is no option.

bw10

Post#3 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:40 pm

more flat rewards to even justify quening for them at 40+

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#4 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:56 pm

As far i know you get 1 warcrest for each 100 pts your team get.

Some scenarios don't even increase score count on kills, and you still have premade killing unorganised groups and win 500 - xxx, forcing losing side to .surrender fast.

This said, and without any offense, i recommand to players to make a group BEFORE going in scenarios.

This is not a solo game.

akisnaakkeli

Post#5 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:12 pm

Everythread i write in this happens
Information

You are not authorised to read this forum.

GTDC Madness is last example, and it is all because ROR still thinks they have any say how to play the game. ROR has taken almost every good thing away from this game and the NEGATIVE treatment to "Solo" Players is just middlefinger to most of us.

Yes this aint a solo game but yes it is if i or someone else want to play that way. But giving less pops to Solo que than in party and getting less renown solo than in party. I mean, im glad there is something else in the horizon atm and everything about it makes me excited.

You guys royally fvkked up when Aza was removed instead of Warg/Torg and NOBODY wanted this. This is on you ROR. This thread will not be available in 24h im quessing!

And that, i mean Restricting ALL the best threads because someone said something you dont want us to hear. Pathetic. Everything me and other players like me who have played live and Ror ALOT, ALL of us are trying to only help when we write on the forum just to get singled out or getting message from the team " You have hostile attitudef towars the staff " which is total BS and has never been my intention and im sorry if you read it that way.

When im remembering AOR(Saying live doesnt matter is just so stupid) the best thing was that you could do solo queing and even if your team was camped, you managed to sneak out and get few solo kills, you got shitloads of renown because that is so against the odds, that ofc you should get the renown... well in ROR ofc you dont! Killing 2-3 rr 70+ with rr56 magus gave me 1k renown and in Aor it would have been MINIMAL 8k

Back in Aor on my shammy solo queing like everyone did back the. 33k renown In one Sc(i can find the screenshots if u want) and when you solo que it dont mean you will solo in the sc. Why all you do is restrict the fun

Helwer

Post#6 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:31 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:56 pm As far i know you get 1 warcrest for each 100 pts your team get.

Some scenarios don't even increase score count on kills, and you still have premade killing unorganised groups and win 500 - xxx, forcing losing side to .surrender fast.

This said, and without any offense, i recommand to players to make a group BEFORE going in scenarios.

This is not a solo game.
Last weekend i met the very same players on my side while getting farmed 500:0 about 10 times by the very same players on the other side. You think it feels better when we group up before queing again? Or could there be any other issue? When i try to form a group every time i want to play a scenario i can't play any scenarios. Is it that what you want? At least last weekend sc was perfect to complete 500 points before surrender was possible. gratz to all that were able to complete tasks.
But it is the same like for about 15 years now, won't change anything.

Sulorie

Post#7 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:59 pm

akisnaakkeli wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:12 pm ...
You guys royally fvkked up when Aza was removed instead of Warg/Torg and NOBODY wanted this. This is on you ROR. This thread will not be available in 24h im quessing!

And that, i mean Restricting ALL the best threads because someone said something you dont want us to hear. Pathetic. Everything me and other players like me who have played live and Ror ALOT, ALL of us are trying to only help when we write on the forum just to get singled out or getting message from the team " You have hostile attitudef towars the staff " which is total BS and has never been my intention and im sorry if you read it that way.
I can't imagine how anyone would call out your attitude, you seem to be so chilled.

I assume the amount of **** posting in those thread exceeded some limit and became very repetitive.
Dying is no option.

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#8 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:33 pm

Helwer wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:31 pm
Yaliskah wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:56 pm As far i know you get 1 warcrest for each 100 pts your team get.

This is not a solo game.
Last weekend i met the very same players on my side while getting farmed 500:0 about 10 times by the very same players on the other side. You think it feels better when we group up before queing again? Or could there be any other issue? When i try to form a group every time i want to play a scenario i can't play any scenarios. Is it that what you want? At least last weekend sc was perfect to complete 500 points before surrender was possible. gratz to all that were able to complete tasks.
But it is the same like for about 15 years now, won't change anything.
I have played the weekend sc as you probably did. After like 10 sc with 1 tank 1 heal and 10 dps, i decided too make a 2-2-2 team. Fighting Cross, NWO, and some other premade, and guess what : We won. The team i made was not even fine tuned or top geared. But we tried hard. Ofc it wasn't easy.

Scenario are involving 12-18 ppl sharing the same purpose. According there are not enough players to make a correct matchmaking, players have to make some little effort to smooth the issue. Point is this is precisely what premades are doing.

But what do you expect from your own perspective ? Making all sc solo ? Ban friends/guildies from playing together ?

Ads
rychu007

Post#9 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:52 pm

This is not a solo game.
thats what i said and why i suggested change xDDD

its not solo game U dont have 1v1 scenarios

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#10 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:08 pm

akisnaakkeli wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:12 pm Yes this aint a solo game but yes it is if i or someone else want to play that way. But giving less pops to Solo que than in party and getting less renown solo than in party. I mean, im glad there is something else in the horizon atm and everything about it makes me excited.
You must probably complain a lot trying to play Scrabble with a Monopoly. but yep, there is something else in the horizon and it is ovious you are excited with. I was for New World too :).
akisnaakkeli wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:12 pm You guys royally fvkked up when Aza was removed instead of Warg/Torg and NOBODY wanted this. This is on you ROR. This thread will not be available in 24h im quessing!
You are misinformed. Aza is back and i personnally welcomed him with open arms. Then he made his his little mock Q&A cutting off everyone's microphones, forbidding anyone to defend themselves against his accusations (aka a "nice backstab"). It's not really a healthy basis for teamwork when you're doing EXACTLY what you came to denounce. But in short, it's far away and in the past. He has his own project now and I wish him good luck with it, and with his community.
akisnaakkeli wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:12 pm And that, i mean Restricting ALL the best threads because someone said something you dont want us to hear. Pathetic. Everything me and other players like me who have played live and Ror ALOT, ALL of us are trying to only help when we write on the forum just to get singled out or getting message from the team " You have hostile attitudef towars the staff " which is total BS and has never been my intention and im sorry if you read it that way.
At some point it would be interesting you imagine 10 seconds being in a 20 ppl team working on this project on its free time for nothing but passion, with limited knowledge, limited tools, and all the goodwill of the universe. Reading such kind of frustrated post is at least demotivating. Fact is this team i left years ago is trying its best.
akisnaakkeli wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:12 pm When im remembering AOR (Saying live doesnt matter is just so stupid) the best thing was that you could do solo queing and even if your team was camped, you managed to sneak out and get few solo kills, you got shitloads of renown because that is so against the odds, that ofc you should get the renown... well in ROR ofc you dont! Killing 2-3 rr 70+ with rr56 magus gave me 1k renown and in Aor it would have been MINIMAL 8k. Back in Aor on my shammy solo queing like everyone did back the. 33k renown In one Sc(i can find the screenshots if u want) and when you solo que it dont mean you will solo in the sc. Why all you do is restrict the fun
I remember solo archmage killing poor scale farmers in LOTD, ppl hidden in bushes for free rp, RR100 ganking warbands, Empty cities, bugged LOTD talis, bugged dungeons, uselss skaven thing, impossible fortresses, full power of zerg, ANNNNND premades winning all scs. Basically the same thing as here.

I also remember i tried to split players in open RVR when revamping its mecchanics. Who complained about WAITHAMMER ? (and seems RoR team listenned, accoprding this mecchanics has been removed quite fast)? Now we have a straight line between both warcamps. Better design i suppose according hundreds of players animating it.

To solo queue, there is the Discordant Skirmisher scenario.

On AoR becoming RR80 was a matter of YEARS. On roR it is a matter of WEEKSs. So i imagine RP gain is probably too important on RoR. No ?

AOR was overbugged and you were paying for it (and i bet you have never made a single post on AoR forum to complain about it). RoR is totally free. Man ,what's wrong with you ? Oo

So question. How such kind of post shall be considered by the staff ? Where is the proposition ? What kind of solution are you suggesting ?

Whatever the project which you will benefit from, the question must not be "what devs are doing with it", but " what do i do with it" ?