Recent Topics

Ads

War crest gain too low

Let's talk about... everything else
Acidic

War crest gain too low

Post#1 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:44 am

Hi
As per title I believe that the current gain in war rests is too low.

This is taken from the viewpoint of warband oRVR as this is where I usually play.

We currently have RR as one of the main progression limiters in game however the war crests themselves are a serious limiter to progression and experimentation.

Currently there is the pve gear route to get wards and bypass spending crests, which indicates to me there is not a direct which to restrict players from gear. This sounds like there should be room to adjust the way players gear is progressed.

I currently am leveling yet another too (ush yes an order dubiously dressed tank)
I find that the rr progression is outstripping my ability to get gear (have the wards from pve (CnT, BS) but can not afford to even consider buying invader or offsets to try different things . This leads to single role focus and reduced experimentation and fun with off specs etc.

I can not quantify how much the crest gain vs RR gain was affected by 2x weekends and events (without a doubt some effect) but in general there is always a bigger restriction on crests than rr .

I suggest that an increase in crest drops would enhance the game enjoyment even at the risk of more solo offspec dips healers running around as they have the opertunity to test and solo more without affecting their end goal BiS healer (as an example)

To this end I can see a 25% raise in crest drops probably would help the overall game and newb / alt game experience.

Ads
ravezaar

Re: War crest gain too low

Post#2 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:53 am

I can get aboard a increase in war crest drops if its given as reward for taking part in Zone-flipping contribution, keep takes/defences, Forts aso to get away from the one-spot kill trading aka WC-Farming that is the current.

Anything that makes the zone abit more intresting again then iam onboard with it but not an increase in war crest drop on kills, nope.
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Acidic

Post#3 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:58 am

ravezaar wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:53 am I can get aboard a increase in war crest drops if its given as reward for taking part in Zone-flipping contribution, keep takes/defences, Forts aso to get away from the one-spot kill trading aka WC-Farming that is the current.

Anything that makes the zone abit more intresting again then iam onboard with it but not an increase in war crest drop on kills, nope.
Probably our views on where to increase drops is very different :)
I’m a firm believer that the keep defense bag drop should itself be dropped (rewards passive play) and zone locks are just encouraging zergs. But on the point of WC kill drops can agree that farming crests there is wrong and probably a system of drops that reduces drop rate depending on area and number of ppl attacking them is a way forward.

githappens

Post#4 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:58 am

ravezaar wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:53 am I can get aboard a increase in war crest drops if its given as reward for taking part in Zone-flipping contribution, keep takes/defences, Forts aso to get away from the one-spot kill trading aka WC-Farming that is the current.

As long as it doesn't reward PvD.

On RR76 shaman I've vanq unlock (no PvE) and over 12k crests. I guess by time I get to RR78 with it, will have enough crests for sov.
On RR56 BO I've vanq in my bag (no PvE again) and 1,8k crests. Mostly likely will get Warlord at right level.

So, not sure if crest drop is too low.

tjalfe

Post#5 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:19 am

Not sure if this is possible. Would be good to remove rr and crest from kills near to wc to stop the stompin

Also make a new mechanic for zone flip based on kills, so that one faction could siege and other faction could try to “steal” the flip

Anyway, Im not a game designer so no kinda of experience behind these suggestions

Acidic

Post#6 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:20 pm

githappens wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:58 am

On RR76 shaman I've vanq unlock (no PvE) and over 12k crests. I guess by time I get to RR78 with it, will have enough crests for sov.
On RR56 BO I've vanq in my bag (no PvE again) and 1,8k crests. Mostly likely will get Warlord at right level.

Yes I know it is doable to get full set at 78 (minus ranked ring) , my point is without the starvation of crests there is possibility to take alternative pices for different specs, looks etc. basically encourage ppl to do more with their toons.

githappens

Post#7 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:24 pm

Acidic wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:20 pm

Yes I know it is doable to get full set at 78 (minus ranked ring) , my point is without the starvation of crests there is possibility to take alternative pices for different specs, looks etc. basically encourage ppl to do more with their toons.
...but if you make crest drop faster, then you may get total opposite of what you want. People will get those "alternative pieces" and "different looks" faster and will have less motivation to log-in. People are goal driven.

Acidic

Post#8 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:28 pm

githappens wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:24 pm
Acidic wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:20 pm

...but if you make crest drop faster, then you may get total opposite of what you want. People will get those "alternative pieces" and "different looks" faster and will have less motivation to log-in. People are goal driven.
Is possible if we look at new generation gear hunters. Have to say I play the game for the fighting. Have a BO 92 with loads of crests I have no clue what to do with. Would still play it but why play a BO in its current state.

Ads
ravezaar

Post#9 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:05 pm

Yea I can agree Zerging needs to be broken up and PvD shouldnt be rewarded but Iam strongly against large scale kill-trading as the main Guilds and even pug-WB do most if not every evening EU time. I call it kill trading tho most call it WC-Farm but to be its the same, standing in one spot for hours not doing anything useful other then farm crest from each other aka Santuary of Dreams, Caledor Bridge near North Keep in Reikland I can go on and on.

If we can get a slight increase in drop rate in other areas then what I mentioned then iam onboard, otherwise no.

This is my opinion tho and yea its a player behavior issue more then a Dev issue
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Nameless

Post#10 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:49 pm

Fist, answer the question how many crest a single toon should gather till rr78. Then you could choose to increase or not the gain.

From my pov (beside truimp ring farm) with limited pve ppl should have full sov at rr78. But they need to go and occasionally win cities and do weeklies
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz