Recent Topics

Ads

[CHOSEN] Best Sword and Shield for PVE

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
bittrio

[CHOSEN] Best Sword and Shield for PVE

Post#1 » Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:07 pm

I'm about to clear BB/BE and want to make sure I'm good for Bastion Stairs.

What's the best Sword and Shield I can get for PVE? I don't want to spend any War Crests, looking for the best option from PVE or maybe something I can get from Genesis crests.

I'm currently running: The 1hander from Gunbad and the Shield (Threat) from BB/BE.

My other gear is about to be full sent with 3 GB jewls.
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.

Ads
Avernus

Re: [CHOSEN] Best Sword and Shield for PVE

Post#2 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:10 am

bittrio wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:07 pm I'm about to clear BB/BE and want to make sure I'm good for Bastion Stairs.

What's the best Sword and Shield I can get for PVE? I don't want to spend any War Crests, looking for the best option from PVE or maybe something I can get from Genesis crests.

I'm currently running: The 1hander from Gunbad and the Shield (Threat) from BB/BE.

My other gear is about to be full sent with 3 GB jewls.
Why would you even need SnB? Its useless, unless you are guarding a choppa with deathwish. 2h, full parry (renown points), some parry bonuses from gear (buy gunbad ruby on AH, its almost free). 0% chance to recieve a crit is mandatory (use you renown points or your tactic if you don't have enough rr), keep your hp around 9k+ for more or less comfortable play (for your healers..., use wounds talis if you are still geared into useless armor sets without hp bonus like merc or redeye). Bonus ponts if you manage to outdps one of your party's dps :D.

As for pve shields/swords - they are all more or less trash, you can even roll with green things from vendor if you don't have anything better, your block chance is low and 1h damage is laughable, just look at the sum of stats and chose the one you like more.