Recent Topics

Ads

Update RE: Compensation.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kaelang

Update RE: Compensation.

Post#1 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:05 pm

Update 18/10/23

Deleted Characters from the rollback are restored now. Some compensation has been mailed to them.Thank you for your patience.

-------------------

Twitch drops that were lost during the rollback period should be resent out now. Thank you for your patience.

-------------------

Compensation should now be found in your Mailbox. Thanks again for your patience.

-------------------

I appreciate people are waiting to receive in-game mails, the importing of the hat vendor this week took a substantial amount of time. We will be distributing Compensation when time allows.

Don't worry, we haven't forgotten!

-------------------

Hey friends,

I appreciate we have taken some time on this and want to thank you all not only for your patience, but also your continued support this past week as we have been working diligently to identify a suitable compensation package to attempt to cover the time-investment lost due to the rollback announced earlier in the week.

We have taken all precautions to minimise the chance of this happening again in the future.

As some of our long-time community members will attest to, this is a very rare occurrence, the server may occasionally hiccup and our systems tend to bring everything back online within minutes, with minimal disruption. However this time we do appreciate that a significant time-investment was lost for players, and as such we will be distributing the following package as a means to apologise for this.

Compensation Package:

We have analysed the data we have from that time period and have created a sliding system that provides suitable compensation based on activity on each character over that period. This means individuals who logged in for a substantial amount of time, and as such experienced significant losses, are granted more than an alt you logged in on for 2 minutes to check your bank for example.

We felt this was a better option as to giving a base flat amount.

-------------------------

- War Crests
Scales from 50 to over 2,000+

- War Tokens
Scales from 1 to 300.

- Genesis Crests
Scales from 1 to 20.

- Potion of Acclaim
Scales from 1 to 2.

- Beastial Token
All players will receive 2 tokens.

- Crate of Liniments
Scales from 1 to 5.

-------------------------

Now, there is still an issue with the individuals who lost PvE progression, and unfortunately there really isn't a measure in place based on data that we can track to create a suitable package for these folk. As a result, given that forming groups with the reduced lockout was made substantially harder due to the 2x event running, we have made the decision to extend the reduced lockout on PvE dungeons until Monday 16th October.

These rewards will be distributed through the in-game Mail system and will be a phased delivery based on the amount of characters impacted to maintain stability whilst this operates.

Once again, we apologise for the inconvenience this caused players and appreciate that we cannot simply 'refund' time. We're hopeful that you will be happy with the packages the team have worked diligently on over this past week.

We are also working on restoring the characters that were created and then lost. These will be restored at some point in the future and if you have character slots available then they will appear and require a name change. There is currently no ETA on this however and more information will come in the near future.

Thanks, from all of us working on Return of Reckoning.

PS: The hats are still coming. (Silly rollback delayed dev time smh).

------------------------
Compensation will be distributed at some point this week as some people are asking for ETA's.

Ads
lyncee

Re: Update RE: Compensation.

Post#2 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:11 pm

Hello!

Thanks for of all for the compensation, it's really appreciated.

In my personal case, I was in holidays at this time but did the twitch drops event, claimed everything when I came back and got everything lost due to the rollback.

Would there be any way to help me recover those rewards? I'm a new player and those rewards especially gold and crests were quite valuable!

Thank you for your kind answer

Spellbound

Post#3 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:21 pm

Twitch drops will be resent from my understanding.

Haojin

Post#4 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:40 pm

thx 4 amazing compensation <3
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Stinksuit

Post#5 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:51 pm

Hey, is there any info about the bugged cursed coins that prevent people from completing the seas of slaughter event?

Swym

Post#6 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:17 pm

Many players are experiencing an issue where the pirate live event progress reset to 0, not allowing players to claim progression rewards. Any update on this?

Adena

Post#7 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:45 pm

This is a good compensation and i'm personally fine with it.
I'm not blaming the team, they did their best.
Just so everyone understand how much it affected new players, that rollback clearly killed our Warhammer project from my guild Frogue One. (around 15-20 player, only 3 remaining)
But the pve didn't helped and is (my opinion) at least repulsing.
I've heard from veterans that you made the pve easier and i think that keep going in that direction would improve player retention overall. You don't play at ROR to pve let's be honest here :)
Last edited by Adena on Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khailee

Post#8 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:51 pm

It's a shame I farmed the hell out of pve during this time but hey you guys did your best and I appreciate this.

Ads
masonpalframan

Post#9 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:23 am

Really appreciate the effort that went into this package, only question I have is if there is infact no way to add gold to the compensation package? Some of us had made a substantial amount of gold selling farmed items, talismans, and such, I personally lost 250g which may not be much to veteran players, but overall on destruction I had only 150g to begin with and lost far more then I had. This was 3 steady days of farming at mid tier, and its a real drag to have to earn all that again, as well as to lose the items purchased with said gold.

bittrio

Post#10 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:59 am

Appreciate it
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.