Recent Topics

Ads

Important: Regarding downtime 03/10/23.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kaelang

Re: Important: Regarding downtime 03/10/23.

Post#71 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:21 am

Wam wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:08 am
Seshnord wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:52 pm A week of 2x seems like lazy compensation for the amount of time a lot of us spent over the last week.
it is no compensation if motivation to play is currently zero due to mishandling of server and some baiting comments which devalue players time invested last week and are quite disrespectful

why does this week now mean more than last week? why does last week count for nothing? what is to stop this week from counting for nothing also

ive lost close to 5,000 crests , i completed the weekly, and the sc event on 8 characters im not doing that again... my desire to play and lead again servely effected by being this being botched massively and yet another ror ****show

players are lifeblood of server also, without players there is no game. 50 hours for nothing? nice caring for the community :oops:
I think you should read warg's post earlier in this thread.

This wasn't a 'mishandling' of the server, and our staff spent almost 12 hours, whilst working our day-jobs to try and bring this back as quickly as possible with limited disturbance. Our initial measures were exactly that, initial. We are discussing additional means to compensate time lost, to everyone.

I appreciate the frustration, but don't direct this as some type of mismanagement, or poor behaviour from our team - this was extremely stressful for us too.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
Venom148

Post#72 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:25 am

this reset was damn hard but thanks for all your work in this game!

is there any possibility to send everyone a bag with crests? i think the RR lost is hard and the progress, the time everyone spent also not mentioned but the biggest problem seems to be the lost of the crests

myself, i lost neraly 1k crests, maybe you can build the average of crests made and RR gained in this time and send everyone a bag ;)

v1p4

Post#73 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:32 am

dat rollback is no fun :(

Banjomissen

Post#74 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:43 am

Sucks with the rollback but thanks for all the work you put into this project and thanks for considering additional compensation.

Xiruccio

Post#75 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:45 am

1k crests lost, but least i have my rr.

pavoht

Post#76 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:45 am

I know that in this kind of situation we focus far more on negative feedback and comments then positive, but as many others said : You've done hugely more than a great job to bringing back, maintening and developing this unique mmorpg to us. A week lost for 8 years of fun is nothing at all.

Trust us, majority of your player base is totaly fine with the situation and understand with respect that it's complicated and stressful to handle this.

Love ya all.

Tetzou

Post#77 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:50 am

RR was preserved on 1 toon but not the other ( Seriouslyy) ( toons name btw ) . This normal or just bad luck? Also lost 8800k crest some weeks ago from an emergency server restart. Same bug /issue??

thiefy

Post#78 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:47 am

Even though this is quite an unfortunate event which negatively effects the population's colective morale, it's not the end of the world ppl (unless ofc you had the "luck" of getting a useful purple seed during this lost week) so don't overreact . Nobody including the developers likes what happened, the reason will hopefully be identified and steps will be taken to make sure it won't happen again and that's it. Before bursting with the rage about the played time lost (the time invested is the only actual loss for our side) think the hours you have happily spent in the server because it exists for what it is (free and voluntarily supported with all its drawbacks) and then post your comment. Messages of support are far more motivating than messages of criticism.
yes i'm toxic but i speak the "truth"
(disclaimer: "truth" is subjective to a person's point of view and possible personal interest)
congratulations! your vision is perfect!
rly? don't you have anything better to do?

Ads
bittrio

Post#79 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:30 pm

Banjomissen wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:43 am Sucks with the rollback but thanks for all the work you put into this project and thanks for considering additional compensation.
This ^
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.

nebelwerfer

Post#80 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:51 pm

bittrio wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:48 pm
Server could have been totally wiped.
Server should have been totally wiped.

fixed that for you :twisted: