Recent Topics

Ads

Important: Regarding downtime 03/10/23.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
bittrio

Re: Important: Regarding downtime 03/10/23.

Post#81 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:56 pm

nebelwerfer wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:51 pm
bittrio wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:48 pm
Server could have been totally wiped.
Server should have been totally wiped.

fixed that for you :twisted:
That would definitely shake things up.
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.

Ads
DaWolf

Post#82 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:15 pm

DaWolf

Post#83 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:18 pm

How long does a full DB backup take?
Do you plan to increase the number of full backups per week?

KenkuKensai

Post#84 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:45 pm

I'm confused. My older character, a sorcerer, has disappeared, but my newer character - a witch hunter created after 26/09 - still exists. Will the sorcerer be restored, or is he gone forever?

Nameless

Post#85 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:13 pm

DaWolf wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:18 pm How long does a full DB backup take?
The problem is not the lack of backups but the corruption of some backups files and that they fixed. So let them work no need to nag and pressure them. They also play the game and suffer as much as we do. Even more cos all the negatives are channelled to devs
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

DaWolf

Post#86 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:29 pm

Nameless wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:13 pm
DaWolf wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:18 pm How long does a full DB backup take?
The problem is not the lack of backups but the corruption of some backups files and that they fixed. So let them work no need to nag and pressure them. They also play the game and suffer as much as we do. Even more cos all the negatives are channelled to devs
No pressure from me. I'm not a designer, I'm not a developper, I'm a Sysadmin. I ask that only to understand the case of the rollback (why 1 week ?) and maybe, help.
What's negative in my questions ?

ILuxian

Post#87 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:43 pm

Please fix up quest with Bestial tokens. If done this quest last week we can get tokens again. Thanks

Kaelang

Post#88 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:38 pm

Following up from yesterdays eventful evening I just want to clarify a few points as I continue to see repeat questions / comments.

The reduced lockout from 18 to 3 hours was not a whimsical decision, this was predominantly due to logistics and some concerns we had internally about how code would perform with limited durations. We appreciate this is not the best-case scenario at this time but are prioritizing stability during this period.

The initial measures we brought the server back up with are very much our first-stage of addressing the losses. We are discussing internally some additional plans to bring together a more unified 'compensation' package for players affected.

We will likely be sharing more information as to how this happened in the first place over the coming days, but to clarify some points I see circulating - we do have frequent backups, which is how we was able to restore career and renown XP to the same time the server went offline. The issue stemmed from data and not any action taken by anyone in particular.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
vitalybes

Post#89 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:01 pm

Hello there, I lost my armour, weapons, mount and my profession skills, can I hope to get it back? Or should I grind again? Thank you!

Tesq

Post#90 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:52 pm

Kaelang wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:19 am
Tesq wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:10 pm hello, idk how much the backup save in gb/tb but maybe a daily or every 2 day back up regarding the inventory would be appreciate for future, as you stated it happen very arely like once every 2 years but it did happened in past and rng god will make it happen in future, so well....more frequent backup? cost/energy whatever allowed ofc...if the problem hitted also the more recent backup **** the rng god then we truly are unlicky.
Our system backs up frequently, this isn't really related to the lack of backups, more a data issue with backups post 26/09.
dam we got unlicky there SOB