Recent Topics

Ads

[WE] Looking for a Witch Elf build.

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
alterednate

[WE] Looking for a Witch Elf build.

Post#1 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:35 pm

Hello,

Looking to try a Witch Elf defensive build. I was told Witchbrew is the way to go. Can someone post a basic build for me, that includes Renown, and what Gear would be recommended per level (progression)?

Thanks!

Ads
Repulsion

Re: [WE] Looking for a Witch Elf build.

Post#2 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:38 pm

Knowing it won't help much with building a Def WE you have to think of the following:

Most of the few solo victims you'll meet you're better off with a bursty build to finish off ASAP.

Rest of the fights will be vs 12+ WBs
WH gank groups
The occasional aSW/WL/def Engi/2H tank solo roaming will give you a good fight that will last MORE than enough for you to be zerged.

I'm just warning you before you build a toon like that, the pop is low - the zerg is always constant.
You will also be:
useless in scenarios
useless in roaming/grp content
useless in cities (who cares, I know)

In my unsolicited, stubborn opinion - DEF witchelves are dead/dying and that's a good thing.

alterednate

Post#3 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:05 pm

Ok thanks for the reply. Is there a good Bursty WE build that I could follow? Or are Witch Elves useless?

inoeth
Suspended

Post#4 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:13 pm

lol no def WE is quite strong especially vs gank grps...
if you want to solo WE def is the way to go. you are useless in other areas of the game anyway because ppl do not do their jobs, don't rely on them and solo... simple ;D

I run this

RoR.builders - Witch Elf

alterednate

Post#5 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:50 pm

inoeth wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:13 pm lol no def WE is quite strong especially vs gank grps...
if you want to solo WE def is the way to go. you are useless in other areas of the game anyway because ppl do not do their jobs, don't rely on them and solo... simple ;D

I run this

RoR.builders - Witch Elf

Awesome! Thank you! What Renown / Gear / Talismans would you recommend?

inoeth
Suspended

Post#6 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:36 pm

parry/toughness/FS
toughness talis
well gear depending on rr it's dominator/hv/victorious/def sov I'm currently running full victorious
for rings I run event rings with armor/toughness and parry/toughness
you can also still go for regen build with chest+3x-4x regen rings but imo you need time for those to work properly and time=more add=dead, better go for high sustain to survive the bursts and then go to town with WB

alterednate

Post#7 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:18 pm

inoeth wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:36 pm parry/toughness/FS
toughness talis
well gear depending on rr it's dominator/hv/victorious/def sov I'm currently running full victorious
for rings I run event rings with armor/toughness and parry/toughness
you can also still go for regen build with chest+3x-4x regen rings but imo you need time for those to work properly and time=more add=dead, better go for high sustain to survive the bursts and then go to town with WB
So no need for any strength/WS gear at all?

juzzieb

Post#8 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:43 pm

Repulsion wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:38 pm Knowing it won't help much with building a Def WE you have to think of the following:

Most of the few solo victims you'll meet you're better off with a bursty build to finish off ASAP.

Rest of the fights will be vs 12+ WBs
WH gank groups
The occasional aSW/WL/def Engi/2H tank solo roaming will give you a good fight that will last MORE than enough for you to be zerged.

I'm just warning you before you build a toon like that, the pop is low - the zerg is always constant.
You will also be:
useless in scenarios
useless in roaming/grp content
useless in cities (who cares, I know)

In my unsolicited, stubborn opinion - DEF witchelves are dead/dying and that's a good thing.
And if you play glass WE you will just die every time a WH pops repel blashpemy, a WL brutal pounces you....etc.

Def WE is the way to go. You need to kite WBs sometimes but you have to do that on every class that can't stealth anyways and WE has much better tools than most for doing this.

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Post#9 » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:56 am

no str needed at all

Ozur

Post#10 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:22 am

I m little curious about the stats atm i got a mix set from HV/BS/senti, what your stats looks like
with your decent stuff (toughness wound str crit/pary/armor armor penetration)