Recent Topics

Ads

Hi...new player here

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
francomes

Hi...new player here

Post#1 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:17 pm

Hi,first time on this game. I 'd like to play some kind of ranged class. Maybe some sort of archer? any advice?

Im writing this as the game is downloading and I havent really watch too much content before jumping in, just heard it has nice pvp features.

Also, im thinking I may face some lag since Im far from the server so it 'd be good if the class I pick doesnt depend too much on precise timing.

Any other beginner advice is welcome. Thanks!!

Ads
Ixlevomaxlxl

Re: Hi...new player here

Post#2 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:31 pm

o/

Feel free to shoot me a message with your discord information or questions you might have.

I'd begin by asking a little about your gaming experience and what kind of range experience you're looking for [i.e., magic vs physical damage, skrimish vs stationary,...]. The more information you can provide, the better we [the community] can help you.

francomes

Post#3 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:59 pm

Ixlevomaxlxl wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:31 pm o/

Feel free to shoot me a message with your discord information or questions you might have.

I'd begin by asking a little about your gaming experience and what kind of range experience you're looking for [i.e., magic vs physical damage, skrimish vs stationary,...]. The more information you can provide, the better we [the community] can help you.
I had played quite a few rpg/action rpg/shooters/strategy and card games. Im not that experienced in mmos but I did play some at some point.

My first option is to play some ranged dps, not a mage, Im thinking some sort of glass cannon, somehing with huge dmg output but weak defense or high coldowns or wthathever drawback it might have. Another option could be some beefy tank. Im open to other options too, what I dont want right now is: mages, pet controllers, standard warriors, healers/buffers and assassins.

Ixlevomaxlxl

Post#4 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 3:34 pm

o/

Well then. Your insight has helped me to narrow down the classes you're looking for.

First off, I'd like to preface that you've picked an advanced level for a MMORPG; expect a challenge. You may run into a couple walls here and there but the light at the end of the tunnel will continue to get closer with each day you log in.

For your range class, based off the information you have provided, I would recommend a Squig Herder for destruction or a Shadow Warrior for Order. As for tanks, for destruction, I would recommend, from "easiest" to "hardest", Chosen, Blackguard, then Black Ork and for Order, from "easiest" to "hardest", Knight of the Blazing Sun, Ironbreaker, and Swordmaster.

I hope that helps; reach out if you need help in game.

tootles,
Evo

MedV

Post#5 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:02 pm

The only class that is a ranged dps that is not a mage nor a pet controller is a Shadow Warrior (Unless you wana play dps heals than can go AM or Shaman).

As for tank just Roll a Chosen to start if you are newish to MMORPGs. Not a lot of buttons to press, very strong and needed in every group. Above all else they look soo cool.

Good luck.
The King.