Remove premades from discordant SC queue

Let's talk about... everything else
Zxul

Re: Remove premades from discordant SC queue

Post#11 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:22 pm

githappens wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:17 pm Tbh armor pots should be removed and base armor increased by armor pot value for each CR (based on armor pot avalible on given level) to even the playfield.
Armor makes much less difference than what most think. Slayers/choppas penetrate 80% was it so so armor for example, and then bw/sorc ignore armor altogether.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
githappens

Post#12 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:44 pm

Zxul wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:22 pm
githappens wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:17 pm Tbh armor pots should be removed and base armor increased by armor pot value for each CR (based on armor pot avalible on given level) to even the playfield.
Armor makes much less difference than what most think. Slayers/choppas penetrate 80% was it so so armor for example, and then bw/sorc ignore armor altogether.
It's % penetration. For someone with 1100 base armor (conq/vanq mix on cloth w/o armor talis), armor pot makes huge difference. Because thats around 0 armor after single armor debuff, and with pot you still have some damage mitigation. Anyway, I'd recommend to play some with damage calc and then you will find why most tanky builds use reduced armor penetration gear pieces as BiS.

Zxul

Post#13 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:01 pm

githappens wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:44 pm
It's % penetration. For someone with 1100 base armor (conq/vanq mix on cloth w/o armor talis), armor pot makes huge difference. Because thats around 0 armor after single armor debuff, and with pot you still have some damage mitigation. Anyway, I'd recommend to play some with damage calc and then you will find why most tanky builds use reduced armor penetration gear pieces as BiS.
As someone with WE specced around physical dmg, which kills sov tanks just fine, I can guarantee you that just having armor doesn't makes a all that much of a difference. And especially 600 armor which cloth will have after armor debuff- or 150 armor considering say 75% armor pen- won't mitigate all that much (150/44= 3.4 % armor mitigation, if you want a specific number).

Reduced armor penetration- you can't get all that much of it, compared to how much armor pen dps can get from abilities/tactics + ws. Not to mention that like I said, it has no effect vs casters.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

githappens

Post#14 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:51 pm

Zxul wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:01 pm
githappens wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:44 pm

As someone with WE specced around physical dmg, which kills sov tanks just fine, I can guarantee you that just having armor doesn't makes a all that much of a difference. And especially 600 armor which cloth will have after armor debuff- or 150 armor considering say 75% armor pen- won't mitigate all that much (150/44= 3.4 % armor mitigation, if you want a specific number).

Reduced armor penetration- you can't get all that much of it, compared to how much armor pen dps can get from abilities/tactics + ws. Not to mention that like I said, it has no effect vs casters.
Not sure how to put this... but I've lead 6 man countless times on SW and survived more pulls done by WBs than did not, because of how armor is strong in this game in mitigating damage (obviously 9/10 times it was team support rather than assault stance swap, but think about it). Most casters in this game are liability for thier team and detaunting is more than enough.

Cyrylius

Post#15 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:31 am

Armor is very valuable, which means even with 70+ penetration most physical classes have (an exception has to be made for we/wh ignoring all armor altogether) it's a good investment. That being said I dont think it's an unfair advantage if its available for everyone and tied to crafting, which doesn't scale off RR.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ashoris

Post#16 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:04 am

to clarify there is a bug that discordant queuing people get in the same SC as grped ppl.
thats not the fault of the premades but a bug in the matchmaker. Iam not sure if this is already adressed.

It pretty much happens by accident.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Avernus

Post#17 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:22 am

githappens wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:51 pm Not sure how to put this... but I've lead 6 man countless times on SW and survived more pulls done by WBs than did not, because of how armor is strong in this game in mitigating damage (obviously 9/10 times it was team support rather than assault stance swap, but think about it). Most casters in this game are liability for thier team and detaunting is more than enough.
Unless you did some armor investments its 10/10 your team saving you. Your default 3000-3200 assault armor (unless you are not using bloodlord) isn't that good without AoE detaunt (i doubt you are using this though...) and if something manages to debuff your armor BEFORE you are switch to assault, you can forget about your armor - you are actually gonna be even squishier than BW since armor debuff effectiveness will be doubled. Again, be grateful to your teammates.

githappens

Post#18 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:33 pm

Avernus wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:22 am
githappens wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:51 pm Not sure how to put this... but I've lead 6 man countless times on SW and survived more pulls done by WBs than did not, because of how armor is strong in this game in mitigating damage (obviously 9/10 times it was team support rather than assault stance swap, but think about it). Most casters in this game are liability for thier team and detaunting is more than enough.
Unless you did some armor investments its 10/10 your team saving you. Your default 3000-3200 assault armor (unless you are not using bloodlord) isn't that good without AoE detaunt (i doubt you are using this though...) and if something manages to debuff your armor BEFORE you are switch to assault, you can forget about your armor - you are actually gonna be even squishier than BW since armor debuff effectiveness will be doubled. Again, be grateful to your teammates.
Idk why someone wouldn't do armor investments as SW with assault stance on call.

Ads
Lion1986

Post#19 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:45 pm

githappens wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:33 pm
Avernus wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:22 am
Idk why someone wouldn't do armor investments as SW with assault stance on call.
because there are quadrillions of skills that totally bypass it?

Tisaya

Post#20 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:57 pm

It's extremely hard to prove that a premade is q on discordant, unless you somehow get access to their discord channel. However, my gut feeling tells me it's extremely common. It's just very suspicious when a person who you know for sure never plays alone, suddenly appears on discordant as a 2/2/2 group and you can swear that it's the same guardbot/healbot who always goes out with his premade