Recent Topics

Ads

Remove premades from discordant SC queue

Let's talk about... everything else
lupeh

Remove premades from discordant SC queue

Post#1 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:00 pm

As the title says discordant sc queue is filled with try hard,
Destro premades. Please remove group queing from discordant queue as the premades destroy the solo sc enviroment.

i did 4 scs in about 1.5 hours and 3 of 4 where fighting tryhard premades fully potted and consumes.

I have nothing against premades but let them queue ranked only.

Why would u let destro premades dominate solo queuers?

its not that this happends only today but it happends so often that i was done with sc;s

Ads
lemao

Re: Remove premades from discordant SC queue

Post#2 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:40 pm

Link killboard with proof please.
Also using potions and linis is not considered "tryhard"

Nameless

Post#3 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:51 pm

I play solo scens 90% of the time but I am fully "potted and comsumes" and use fulltime my own bufffs. So is that means that I am one person premade?
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

DirkDaring

Post#4 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:13 pm

I`m not sure about now as I haven't really bothered with doing SC for several years, doesn`t interest me, never did on live as well, as I prefer sieges, open RvR, same as DAOC.

However I remember years ago back in 2017-2019, there were a few guilds, players etc, that would form a premade 6 man, all on discord, but only grouped as duos with other members of the 6 man, so they could bypass the 6 man que for pug SC blocker. They would be listed as a duo, and all que for the pug sc, and when they all got in the same SC, they would reform the premade as a group in the SC, to farm actual pugs.

Another thing I used to see a lot was premade teams taking turns, letting the other premade on opposite faction, free cap while standing just outside spawn to speed up the game, and crest farm, then the next SC, when they were both in the same SC, the team that was allowed to win last time, would sit just outside spawn so the team that let them win last SC, could win this time.

Hopefully this crap isn't still going on today, but most likely it is.

kmark101

Post#5 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:08 pm

Destro premades are pushed out and owned in ORVR so they go to SC for revenge.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker

Omegus

Post#6 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:58 pm

lupeh wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:00 pmfully potted and consumes.
This should be everyone in scenarios.
IIRC Discordant is for solo AND duo queue. Larger groups can't queue up for it unless trying to queue stack with multiple duos and if you spot that then you can report the players.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Detangler

Post#7 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:05 pm

Omegus wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:58 pm
lupeh wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:00 pmfully potted and consumes.
This should be everyone in scenarios.
IIRC Discordant is for solo AND duo queue. Larger groups can't queue up for it unless trying to queue stack with multiple duos and if you spot that then you can report the players.
Duo queues aren't allowed in discordant anymore as of months ago.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

tazdingo

Post#8 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:34 pm

full pots alone don't indicate prem, its stupid to show up in any t4 sc without them

Ads
Rubius
Developer

Post#9 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:11 pm

As others noted, Potions alone don't indicate premade -- in fact, we've started giving out handfuls of hour long potions in T1 now for influence rewards, to help teach newer players that these will become standard as you climb in rank.

That said, if you have proof of a team coordinating a premade in Discordant SCs, the GM team can and will take action if the proof is solid. I recommend getting video proof + links to the killboard if you're able.

githappens

Post#10 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:17 pm

Tbh armor pots should be removed and base armor increased by armor pot value for each CR (based on armor pot avalible on given level) to even the playfield.

Edit: Any damage reduction is priceless when you combine it with guard and heals, even if it feels irrevelant for solo yolo gameplay. RoR is team based game and it should be balanced around those factors. Armor pots have negative impact for games when newer players/toons don't use them for various reasons making their side less likely to win.
Last edited by githappens on Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.