Recent Topics

Ads

Developer Update - 25 August 2023.

The latest news from the battlefront.
Find out what the developers are working on.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
agemennon675

Re: Developer Update - 25 August 2023.

Post#51 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:30 am

githappens wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:49 pm
dkill wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:46 pm Remove War crest pleaseeee back with Royal its over the blob mode
Gear hidden behind city and forts was worst thing ever. I'd Lotd 7/24 instead of such "content".
It doesnt have to be hidden, would it be so bad if players could still get gear pieces from gold bags ? Vanq pieces from RvR bags, Invader pieces from Fort bags, Sov pieces from City/Lotd bags would also increase participations on these game modes and reduce the gear gap.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
githappens

Post#52 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:03 am

agemennon675 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:30 am
dkill wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:46 pm Remove War crest pleaseeee back with Royal its over the blob mode
Gear hidden behind city and forts was worst thing ever. I'd Lotd 7/24 instead of such "content".
It doesnt have to be hidden, would it be so bad if players could still get gear pieces from gold bags ? Vanq pieces from RvR bags, Invader pieces from Fort bags, Sov pieces from City/Lotd bags would also increase participations on these game modes and reduce the gear gap.
If war crests would be removed, and forts and cities would have their currencies back, you would be FORCED to play those, having gear in bags wouldn't make it less painful and annoying. Forts are awful, because they happen at random hours, especially outside of prime time, so EU working people see them once in a full moon.

City is terrible content, because fighting between pugs and BiS premade makes no sense. In oRvR you can most time dodge BiS blob or engage it on your own terms, when they fight someone else. Tbh matchmaking solos and undergeared groups that ain't 2/2/2 against BiS premades is like matchmaking lvl 1-15 players vs lvl 40 players in SC - makes no sense at all, except giving premades delusions of grandeur.

As someone who once quite and deleted like 8 RR80 BiS characters, I'd quit right away if we would go back to old system. I've grinded old system and I hope NOBODY has to go thru that ever again.

nailinthehead

Post#53 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:12 am

githappens wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:03 am If war crests would be removed, and forts and cities would have their currencies back, you would be FORCED to play those, having gear in bags wouldn't make it less painful and annoying. Forts are awful, because they happen at random hours, especially outside of prime time, so EU working people see them once in a full moon.

City is terrible content, because fighting between pugs and BiS premade makes no sense. In oRvR you can most time dodge BiS blob or engage it on your own terms, when they fight someone else. Tbh matchmaking solos and undergeared groups that ain't 2/2/2 against BiS premades is like matchmaking lvl 1-15 players vs lvl 40 players in SC - makes no sense at all, except giving premades delusions of grandeur.

As someone who once quite and deleted like 8 RR80 BiS characters, I'd quit right away if we would go back to old system. I've grinded old system and I hope NOBODY has to go thru that ever again.
I second this. If Cities and Forts are to be properly rewarded - increase the number of crests in bags. At this moment, as bags are random, usually the number of received crests do not justify the time spent there.

SuperStar

Post#54 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:26 am

why dont share the new class rework builds?

agemennon675

Post#55 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:41 am

githappens wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:03 am
agemennon675 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:30 am

If war crests would be removed, and forts and cities would have their currencies back, you would be FORCED to play those, having gear in bags wouldn't make it less painful and annoying. Forts are awful, because they happen at random hours, especially outside of prime time, so EU working people see them once in a full moon.

You completely misunderstood I never said anything about removing war crests or returning to old system (although I still thing was better btw.) that is not the point here, my suggestion is improving rewards and making gear more accessible to alts/new players like removing genesis tokens making them purchasable via warcrests, adding gear pieces in bags etc. these systems can co-exist.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

what63

Post#56 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:42 am

wonshot wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:48 pm
lumpi33 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:51 am
3. What are your plans to make the game more friendly for casual and new players?
To prevent decreasing population we need new players because older players may eventually leave and then there is no replacement for them. Any plans to make solo, small scale, pug game play more friendly again?
Over the history of RoR, it has honestly never been easier to gear up. As it is right now. Crests and Wards are unified, bagrolls accumulate and stack up making timeinvestment + effort the only hurdle.

Back in the Conq era of 2018 only 4 people or so on a zonelock would get goldbags with pieces in them. It puts it abit into perspective how easy it is to gear up in 2023 where you can skip all gear sets from level 1 to sove, and grind the wards in pve and save every warcrest from T1 to Sove.

So the gearing is waaay easier now.
While this is not true for all, when i grinded my 10k choppa ring i did it in premades and with a guild. took two weeks.
When i did it on slayer, it did it pugging and in a trio. Took 5 weeks of almost pure pugging.

So the only thing left, is Bis Vs bis pvp. And if you think there should be more incentive for pugs to do better than people organizing a setup, building a group/warband/guild/alliance then remember how much that would devalue the effort others put in.
We all have the same gear available to use, and the same buttons to press on our careers.
Yes some of the 6mans or guildwarbands are almost unkillable, but so was it years ago when they gather up the best players in the best guilds. Effort is rewarded, but progression is for all.
I hope you realize the ridiculousness of a 5 week grind for one piece, when you could be full BIS in a week by pugging in the conq era, which you somehow use as reference of being slower than todays system. Full BIS in a premade setting during conq? Like what, 2-3 days with a hard carry and the will to do BL and some luck re genesis.

siglade

Post#57 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:09 am

Kaelang wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:32 pm What is the reasoning behind the Marauder changes?
Spoiler:
These changes are a decision to veer away from utilizing stat multiplier adjustments as a method of balance.

This approach, while potentially effective, poses unintended consequences.

Notably, it can lead to inaccuracies in tooltips, displaying values that don't accurately reflect the underlying mechanics.

Additionally, it can inadvertently widen the gear gap among players.

In light of these considerations, we've opted to explore alternative changes for the Marauder career.

By bypassing the stat multiplier approach, we aim to maintain the accuracy of gameplay information and ensure that the balance adjustments align more naturally with the core mechanics of the game.
Stat multiplier open more option in gear/gameplay, if anything by going down the value you will enforce the one go gear and rest will be useless.

I like the current mara because of the multiple gear choice, just hope it won't end like other class stacking ws/wound and ignoring str/melee power because of stat multiplier being low.
bachata, excommunicate abuser

glbuffon

Post#58 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:30 am

65ft SW slow was in the live server?
Why is there no rollback of all changes?
If
t's worth noting that none of these modifiers existed in Mythics' ability system, which serves as our foundation for our new ability system.

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#59 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:33 am

siglade wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:09 am
Kaelang wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:32 pm What is the reasoning behind the Marauder changes?
Spoiler:
These changes are a decision to veer away from utilizing stat multiplier adjustments as a method of balance.

This approach, while potentially effective, poses unintended consequences.

Notably, it can lead to inaccuracies in tooltips, displaying values that don't accurately reflect the underlying mechanics.

Additionally, it can inadvertently widen the gear gap among players.

In light of these considerations, we've opted to explore alternative changes for the Marauder career.

By bypassing the stat multiplier approach, we aim to maintain the accuracy of gameplay information and ensure that the balance adjustments align more naturally with the core mechanics of the game.
Stat multiplier open more option in gear/gameplay, if anything by going down the value you will enforce the one go gear and rest will be useless.

I like the current mara because of the multiple gear choice, just hope it won't end like other class stacking ws/wound and ignoring str/melee power because of stat multiplier being low.
Which melee class can ignore str pls tell? Also doesnt this just mean that they found better way to balance skills than to increase or decrease Stat Multiplier? Also TB change is a buff because now Piercing Bite affects it. I think it would be interesting to see first marauder version of crit dmg tactic: D

"The power of Chaos begins to take control of your body as you become wounded, causing all of your critical hits to deal additional bonus damage. This effect will become more potent as your health slips away, ranging from a 20% increase when you have 90% hit points remaining, up to a 180% increase when you have 10% hit points remaining. "

Obviously that would be super OP but Critical dmg and Critical amount should be the Main factor how you kill people. It is the only thing in the game that is not "Set in Stone" the amount of it ranges from 35-55% Increased dmg without any critical modifiers. Also Crit is universal and is the best way to give classes alot of the crit back that doesnt exist anymore. Things like Boost V-VI all classess should have access to some even both of them. Then combine Trivial Blows with Reduced chance to be crit. 15 renown points to get -10 reduced crit chance with 20% Critical dmg and no more of that from renown.

Boost V - On hit: 5% chance to increase your critical hit rate by 9% and critical dmg by 12%

Boost VI - On hit: 5% chance to increase your critical hit rate by 9% and critical dmg by 18
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

githappens

Post#60 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:46 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:33 am Obviously that would be super OP but Critical dmg and Critical amount should be the Main factor how you kill people. It is the only thing in the game that is not "Set in Stone" the amount of it ranges from 35-55% Increased dmg without any critical modifiers. Also Crit is universal and is the best way to give classes alot of the crit back that doesnt exist anymore. Things like Boost V-VI all classess should have access to some even both of them. Then combine Trivial Blows with Reduced chance to be crit. 15 renown points to get -10 reduced crit chance with 20% Critical dmg and no more of that from renown.
Playing healer would be super unfun with everyone being a Choppa in perma red.