Recent Topics

Ads

What are some good addons for a healer

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
DeathDriver

What are some good addons for a healer

Post#1 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:25 pm

Hello,

I have just started a Shaman healer and was wondering what are the best addons to have as I am struggling as I am new to healer in general and was wondering if there is anything that might make it a tiny bit easier for me.

(Currently I have no addons at all installed)

Thank :)

Ads
Akalukz

Re: What are some good addons for a healer

Post#2 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:45 pm

Well, if you want to Dive right in to the deep end. I would suggest getting VinyUI which is a complete overhaul of your UI,

If you want to piece meal it, I suggest enemy as a starter. I think buffhead comes by default now.
-= Agony =-

DeathDriver

Post#3 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:51 pm

Akalukz wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:45 pm Well, if you want to Dive right in to the deep end. I would suggest getting VinyUI which is a complete overhaul of your UI,

If you want to piece meal it, I suggest enemy as a starter. I think buffhead comes by default now.
I did install VinyUI but I did not understand how to config it properly.

I will try Enemy to see what that is like.

Akalukz

Post#4 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:02 pm

Hrm VinyUI has enemy in it. Let me know if you stil have issues figuring it out
-= Agony =-

Omegus

Post#5 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:37 pm

The 4 main addons for every class are:

1) Pure. Replaces your personal and target "unit frames" (windows) with clearer versions. Also gives the option to have a big overhead healthbar of your target that follows them when they move about. Useful for all classes but especially healers.

2) Buffhead. Shows your buffs and debuffs over people in the world like the moving health bar in pure. Can also be used to show specific buffs and debuffs from other people, important for healers who need to see if there is a dangerous enemy effect that they need to cleanse quickly.

3) Enemy. MASSIVE ADDON that really needs to be split up. You can disable everything except the group unit frames which replaces the healthbars of people in your group/warband/scenario with much clearer ones and has a million options to change how it looks, make buffs show up, and god-knows what else. There are some pre-made configs for healers in these forums somewhere.

4) Guard Pack. Having a tank guard you is a common thing (Guard is a special tank ability that splits damage you take between you and the tank) and this draws a big line between you and the tank guarding you. It also shows the range between you and the tank to ensure you are close enough for the damage split. This addon is used by everyone as we all need to see the line between you and the tank (or if you are the tank, between you and the guarded person).

Secondary/utility addons which I would suggest everyone gets:

1) Shinies. Makes the auction house usable.

2) QueueQueuer or TidyQueue: makes it easier to queue for specific scenarios. Pretty niche. QueueQueuer is far more heavy-weight and tries to automate a load of crap, TidyQueue is the much cleaner option and integrates nicely with the main scenario queue UI.

3) TidyRoll. Auto-rolls on loot drops and has a far more compact display of drops compared to the giant window in the default UI. Mostly used to auto-roll on currency and keep the UI cleaner of random pop-ups.

Stay away:

There are some addons that help automate some of the healer decision making (WarTriage, some cleansing one, maybe others). Don't use them to begin with until you understand the game as they could be making the wrong decision for you.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

bittrio

Post#6 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:10 pm

Check this thread, was helpful for me viewtopic.php?t=6371
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#7 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:31 am

Not many healer specific addons and Omegus has already given you the must-haves.

StopRes - stops your ressurect cast if the target has already been ressurected.
ResHelp - Helps ressurecting fallen players, It puts dead players in a list when hoovering/targeting them or if you are within range and they type the /rez emote
WarTriage - WarTriage is an addon for the lazy or incompetent healer that needs automatic assistance to help decide which player to heal. The addon creates a macro which you put on your hotbar. When the macro is clicked the party/scenario/warband-member most in need of heals will be targeted.
Github / Tighub / Stack

Talladego

Post#8 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:45 am

Omegus wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:37 pm Stay away:

There are some addons that help automate some of the healer decision making (WarTriage, some cleansing one, maybe others). Don't use them to begin with until you understand the game as they could be making the wrong decision for you.
Yea, WarTriage's main use is for dps-healers to actually have a friendly target while dpsing. I noticed very few dps-healers actually do backup heals at all which is a shame imo.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#9 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:59 pm

Talladego wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:45 am
Omegus wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:37 pm Stay away:

Yea, WarTriage's main use is for dps-healers to actually have a friendly target while dpsing. I noticed very few dps-healers actually do backup heals at all which is a shame imo.
Work well for Shield Dok?
-= Agony =-

Frankie

Post#10 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:09 am

Don't want to start a new topic about this: does Enemy have the clicking ability on the unit frames like Healgrid?
Moirran, Zealot RR40+
Albin, Blackguard <40

Ferenz, Witch Hunter RR40+
Gottlob, Warrior Priest <40