[HOW-TO] How to FPS limit Return of Reckoning - Warhammer Online - War64.exe

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
plafki

[HOW-TO] How to FPS limit Return of Reckoning - Warhammer Online - War64.exe

Post#1 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:13 am

Hi,
This is short guide how to FPS limit War64.exe (return of reckoning / warhammer online)

I couldn't find anything about this on google and tried quite a few possible solutions (modifying D3D9.dll, Vulkan mods etc) so to make the next persons work less tedious i'll just post this semi easy guide to limit FPS:

1. Turn on Experimental mode:

2. Configure RivaTuner like this:

You are good to go. In my case I used 38 fps limit, you can use whatever you want.
If you have problems:
1. In RivaTuner press "Setup" button on bottom-middle section of the program (blue button) -> scroll down and Check (turn on): "Use Microsoft Detours API Hook" and 15000ms is ok. Press Ok. Restart game.
2. Try installing Vulkan Reshade: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14hROjl ... 2LuSp/view (Sildurs Enhanced RoR v6.0.zip) then your Warhammer is identical to mine.
Last edited by plafki on Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
normanis

Re: [HOW-TO] How to FPS limit Return of Reckoning - Warhammer Online - War64.exe

Post#2 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:20 am

any video proove . that it work? also in zerg fights
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

plafki

Re: [HOW-TO] How to FPS limit Return of Reckoning - Warhammer Online - War64.exe

Post#3 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:22 am

normanis wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:20 am any video proove . that it work? also in zerg fights

Works in whole game.

Edit: I'm too busy enjoying the game to take video sorry brodda :D

Test it out and let us know what u think! You'll see it works. :)
Last edited by plafki on Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

normanis

Post#4 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:24 am

plafki wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:22 am
normanis wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:20 am any video proove . that it work? also in zerg fights

Works in whole game.
dont get me wrong byt lately there is so many bots/gold sellers/fake ppl in ror. ppl are just avared.

plafki

Post#5 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:25 am

normanis wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:24 am

Works in whole game.
dont get me wrong byt lately there is so many bots in ror. ppl are just avared.
Np

plafki

Post#6 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:02 am

Works in whole game.
dont get me wrong byt lately there is so many bots/gold sellers/fake ppl in ror. ppl are just avared.
I guess you should make a favor to community and test this out and sent review or video proof urself :) Claiming people outright "fake ppl" doesnt really help commnity, ppl might just skip this now because of your comments.

If you suspect of something, just report it.. There is no bots in any forums that reply to u like me, im just too busy to play and enjoy the game to post u video proof :)

I posted this to forums, because there is no other guide or help for this problem and used keywords so Google searchers can find this.. Also I seeked help in discord and didnt get any so I had to come up with solution and had the goodwill to post it here. Also when googling about this, reddit and forums were full of "help me, how to limit fps?"-posts, so here is the solution and hopefully ppl find this when googling.

normanis

Post#7 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:24 pm

plafki wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:02 am

Works in whole game.
I guess you should make a favor to community and test this out and sent review or video proof urself :) Claiming people outright "fake ppl" doesnt really help commnity, ppl might just skip this now because of your comments.

If you suspect of something, just report it.. There is no bots in any forums that reply to u like me, im just too busy to play and enjoy the game to post u video proof :)

I posted this to forums, because there is no other guide or help for this problem and used keywords so Google searchers can find this.. Also I seeked help in discord and didnt get any so I had to come up with solution and had the goodwill to post it here. Also when googling about this, reddit and forums were full of "help me, how to limit fps?"-posts, so here is the solution and hopefully ppl find this when googling.
well if u where ''bot'' gm/dev team would already disable this thread.
sorry again for misunderstanding, byt last half year ppl making fake accounts and sell some crap here.
offc thx for sharing how to improve game :)
here is link of same game improvements (maby some features is outdated)
viewtopic.php?t=19867

bw10

Post#8 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:23 pm

whats the benefit of limiting fps in ror? i cant hope to get the game to run on constant 60fps during fights / after playing game for few hours and thats with a pretty modern and overclocked setup

Ads
plafki

Post#9 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:56 pm

normanis wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 2:24 pm well if u where ''bot'' gm/dev team would already disable this thread.
sorry again for misunderstanding, byt last half year ppl making fake accounts and sell some crap here.
offc thx for sharing how to improve game :)
here is link of same game improvements (maby some features is outdated)
viewtopic.php?t=19867
No worries brodda, and thanks for sharing. I had already checked it, tried the "high framerate setting" and decided I didnt like it.. Using high quality, dunno if it actually gives any quality yet lol ...and dived deep into editing D9DX.dll or whatever it was to achieve the hooking for FPS limiting.. the solution was simple, just using experimental client, I guess devs already thought about this but didnt share.. or maybe i got lucky.

bw10 wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:23 pm whats the benefit of limiting fps in ror? i cant hope to get the game to run on constant 60fps during fights / after playing game for few hours and thats with a pretty modern and overclocked setup
The benefit is that ur GPU wont overheat and thermal throttle (drop ur FPS to low value so GPU can cool itself and not overheat->break/shutdown).

also imho playing games with unlimited FPS is plain dumb.
/First of all you never need more FPS than your monitors Hz value, eg 144 Hz Monitor only supports and needs 144 fps max even ur GPU goes 500 fps, u actually just see 144hz refresh rate and strain the GPU for nothing.
/Secondly there is thermal throttle
/Thirdly GPU ages the more heat it produces, simple laws of thermodynamics

In my case I am using gaming laptop and huge problem was with unlimited fps (sometimes 100 fps in cities and in scenarios dropping to 10-20) I just limited it to 34, and now it is stable 34 with very high graphic settings (using DX12 and maybe some junk still from Vulkan setup that i didnt like too much..) anyways playing this beautiful mess that is PvP game with stable FPS and not skipping/freezing/dropping fps makes the experience >9000% better.

normanis

Post#10 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:48 pm

can confirm about fps from that rivatuner that when i put max fps to 40 and played fastestframrate. game didnt suffered in zerg fights . fps didnt droped very much down.
in 64bit its graphic glizhed so i tuned to 32 and maby its me or game. i have some graphic gliches when i first log, after min its normaly loaded surrounding and was playable. need more test.