Dackjanielz

Re: Patch Notes 21/07/2023

Post#101 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:44 am

absolutely big yes to more crafting ! :D

Ads
mag2329

Post#102 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:21 pm

It's a shame that among so many rings, there is no ring for an Engineer of 2+3 specialization.

Scottx125

Post#103 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:58 pm

I'd like more of this kind of crafting system. Esp helps for gear that classes lack to make them more viable.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Topdude

Post#104 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:09 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:59 am
Twilight's Tide: Event Updates 28/07/2023:

- A Quest has been added that allows players to earn refining tools by killing level 37+ Daemon mobs. The payout for this quest is lower than the PvP alternative, by design, but it will give players an additional method to work towards rings.

Where do we find this quest??

CyunUnderis

Post#105 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:01 pm

Topdude wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:09 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:59 am
Twilight's Tide: Event Updates 28/07/2023:

- A Quest has been added that allows players to earn refining tools by killing level 37+ Daemon mobs. The payout for this quest is lower than the PvP alternative, by design, but it will give players an additional method to work towards rings.

Where do we find this quest??
After you took a profession (from the 1st influence reward), you need to complete a first quest at a NPC in the event zone, inside the city. And then you'll have two quests to get tools : one from PvP and one from PvE (this quest)

Tesq

Post#106 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:39 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:41 pm
Spoiler:
Rubius wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:00 am 2. We hear you on the frame drops in the cities and are reducing the amount of game objects / decorations, which is what's causing this. Both Altdorf and IC will see a reduction in game objects, which should result in slight FPS increases / a little less stuttering for both.

Something odd that I noticed is that I get 2-3 big lag freezes entering the Slaanesh area on my Win10 desktop, but it is smooth sailing when I'm on my older win 7 laptop. Also seems like it may be sound related somehow, as on the desktop after a lag spike there's multiple sound effects playing all at once. Dunno if that might help troubleshoot it, but I figured you might want to know.
it's either corrupted files or slow / malfunctionig hard disk, before they even reduces stuff in city i fixed by redownlaod all the client and move it into a diff HDD since my game HDD died, other ppl still get the problem so it wasnt texture related and i got it into other part of the game such entering underground pve tunnel but never understtod why, now i do it was HDD fault. (it was a 2014 HDD of the WD).

///////////////////////////

1-i'd like to see this as a standard crafting the same way we have for talisman makign etc, such jewelry, armorsmith, weaponsmith, to allow both craft stuff and rework even rvr gear to some extent, tough nothing op just alrernative ( i remember i made a post about it into a profession proposal)

2-parry instead block ring? bruh i understand the game is going even more towards elastic healthbar and being just all about dmg done vs heal done but a bit of consideration .... really... you coudl had made block AND parry ring at least....would had worked for tank that way...

3-i think the ratio and the logic of ore and gems has been totaly wrong, first and foremost ore quantity required for craft a single ring is incredible high, so that is plenty possible that for every single crafted ring there 's one that wont be craft due lack of ore. The logic is you can drop from players only 2 things: ore or gem box. That is 50% which translate more or less into haveing the same quantity around of ore and gem yet the quantity of ore to craft a ring is double the gems (rounds up 1-3-5-10 vs 2-5-10-20) ..... also considering only epic is a good pick ppl will either craft it all till the end rarity or skip it a better solution for the rings could had ben find such put % on rare ring + of course worst stats....
A better ratio would had been 1 - 2 - 4 - 8 for both gems and ore, this way there would had been more stuff around to allow all ppl to craft, instead the craft got gated very hard. Both by premades and by avaiable quantity, also ye no slight chance to pve something out of it (alredy fixed).

discaimer: my point of view is the one of someone who crafted 3 ring. ( melee / magic / heal crits)

Sulorie

Post#107 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:50 am

Tesq wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:39 pm

3-i think the ratio and the logic of ore and gems has been totaly wrong, first and foremost ore quantity required for craft a single ring is incredible high, so that is plenty possible that for every single crafted ring there 's one that wont be craft due lack of ore. The logic is you can drop from players only 2 things: ore or gem box. That is 50% which translate more or less into haveing the same quantity around of ore and gem yet the quantity of ore to craft a ring is double the gems (rounds up 1-3-5-10 vs 2-5-10-20) ..... also considering only epic is a good pick ppl will either craft it all till the end rarity or skip it a better solution for the rings could had ben find such put % on rare ring + of course worst stats....
A better ratio would had been 1 - 2 - 4 - 8 for both gems and ore, this way there would had been more stuff around to allow all ppl to craft, instead the craft got gated very hard. Both by premades and by avaiable quantity, also ye no slight chance to pve something out of it (alredy fixed).

discaimer: my point of view is the one of someone who crafted 3 ring. ( melee / magic / heal crits)
I think it makes sense to require more metal bars than gem stones.
Every player wants a specific jewel appropriate for their class.
The chances to get such jewel are a lot lower, because of higher demand and total number of different gems.
Even if you rank metal bars differently in value, which they are, a player can use any metal type to build a ring as long as it has the desired gem.
There will be a surplus of gems at the end of event as not all of them are actually useful, while players will use all available metal bars to build rings with the "good" gems.
Dying is no option.

Tesq

Post#108 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:05 am

Spoiler:
Sulorie wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:50 am

I think it makes sense to require more metal bars than gem stones.
Every player wants a specific jewel appropriate for their class.
The chances to get such jewel are a lot lower, because of higher demand and total number of different gems.
Even if you rank metal bars differently in value, which they are, a player can use any metal type to build a ring as long as it has the desired gem.
There will be a surplus of gems at the end of event as not all of them are actually useful, while players will use all available metal bars to build rings with the "good" gems.
It still dosent make sense to me how many ring you can craft, you can drop only 2 box either metal or gem. The quantity dropped x required in game for gems is half the one of the bar. Is not about having more gems ... the quantity of ore vs gem droppable is 1-1 but the requirement is 2-1 (Round up).
Yes you can craft more type of gem but then this make it even WORSE; since its like 8 gem or so vs 5 metals the difficulty is even higher to me this was a mistake. Basically it get close to a ration of 1-3 which is a crazy bottleneck total out of controll of the ppl, then also rng play a huge role. Even arguing the gems were fewer to allow easier find more gems the requirement for metals are so high in quantity for each ring that they should both regardless be lowered proportionaly. It could be either way but since ppl have difficulty find metals its not about more gems it's too few ore/metals or requirement for craft too high.

Ads
Keula

Post#109 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:00 pm

Spoiler:
Rubius wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:00 am 2. We hear you on the frame drops in the cities and are reducing the amount of game objects / decorations, which is what's causing this. Both Altdorf and IC will see a reduction in game objects, which should result in slight FPS increases / a little less stuttering for both.

Something odd that I noticed is that I get 2-3 big lag freezes entering the Slaanesh area on my Win10 desktop, but it is smooth sailing when I'm on my older win 7 laptop. Also seems like it may be sound related somehow, as on the desktop after a lag spike there's multiple sound effects playing all at once. Dunno if that might help troubleshoot it, but I figured you might want to know.
it's either corrupted files or slow / malfunctionig hard disk, before they even reduces stuff in city i fixed by redownlaod all the client and move it into a diff HDD since my game HDD died, other ppl still get the problem so it wasnt texture related and i got it into other part of the game such entering underground pve tunnel but never understtod why, now i do it was HDD fault. (it was a 2014 HDD of the WD).

I tried redownloading the game, 3 different drives(sata ssd, pcie 3.0 nvme connected to chipset and pcie 4.0 nvme connected to the cpu) and removing all add-ons and user profiles, also played around with some nvidia control panel settings, no change, the entry lag is still there on WIn 10. it's less now that they removed some stuff, but it's still there, so it ain't files or drive that affect it, but something else that i have no idea what.
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

normanis

Post#110 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:17 pm

Keula wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:00 pm
Spoiler:

I tried redownloading the game, 3 different drives(sata ssd, pcie 3.0 nvme connected to chipset and pcie 4.0 nvme connected to the cpu) and removing all add-ons and user profiles, also played around with some nvidia control panel settings, no change, the entry lag is still there on WIn 10. it's less now that they removed some stuff, but it's still there, so it ain't files or drive that affect it, but something else that i have no idea what.
believe or not byt cpu is important i use i5 with 6mb cash and i feel good previous i used potato with 1mb cash and after aech death i lagged as hell. graphic card is secondary. also disable all friendly player names/guilds/titles. and put awailable enemy names only. run game in fastestframrate section (not shiny or balanced)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"