Ads

Patch Notes 21/07/2023

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Keula

Re: Patch Notes 21/07/2023

Post#111 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:53 pm

normanis wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:17 pm
believe or not byt cpu is important i use i5 with 6mb cash and i feel good previous i used potato with 1mb cash and after aech death i lagged as hell. graphic card is secondary. also disable all friendly player names/guilds/titles. and put awailable enemy names only. run game in fastestframrate section (not shiny or balanced)
I know that, 12th gen i5(no e-cores so not that either) with ddr5 so that's clearly not the issue(unless too high end hardware is a problem, idk) and the performance of the game overall is "fine", well as fine as the engine allows with effects turned off. It's just the lag spikes of the added stuff in slaanesh that is the problem, which i can't fix no matter what i do, in-game or outside of it, but some ppl apparently have fixed somehow and i don't how, other than that one guy saying win 7 worked, but that's not really a solution.
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

Ads
Cadeg

Post#112 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:58 pm

any idea when the ring vendor will disappear ? will it be as planned ( saturday 5th ) or do you have extend them also ( wednesday 9th ) ?

normanis

Post#113 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:11 pm

Keula wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:53 pm
believe or not byt cpu is important i use i5 with 6mb cash and i feel good previous i used potato with 1mb cash and after aech death i lagged as hell. graphic card is secondary. also disable all friendly player names/guilds/titles. and put awailable enemy names only. run game in fastestframrate section (not shiny or balanced)
I know that, 12th gen i5(no e-cores so not that either) with ddr5 so that's clearly not the issue(unless too high end hardware is a problem, idk) and the performance of the game overall is "fine", well as fine as the engine allows with effects turned off. It's just the lag spikes of the added stuff in slaanesh that is the problem, which i can't fix no matter what i do, in-game or outside of it, but some ppl apparently have fixed somehow and i don't how, other than that one guy saying win 7 worked, but that's not really a solution.
ok than try log cross faction and see if u have same problem in aldorf. try use stable version (if u use it already) try experimental (64bit). or try press repair button. also i heard in turkey has special thread for updates. (here in forum, if u are from turkey)
if all game run smoothly just has fps drops in event theritory like slaanesh quarters. than maby avoid slaanesh teritory. u will skipp event :cry: .
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Sulorie

Post#114 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 5:53 pm

Keula wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:53 pm
Spoiler:
On modern AM5 platform it behaves the same. It got better with the hotfix in a sense that the freezes are shorter but still 3-4 times loading freezes when approaching the area.
Leaving the area without teleport and going back causes freezes again, so it can't be some cache filling issue.
Dying is no option.

Dackjanielz

Post#115 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:20 pm

Also some feedback on crafting, please allow the ability to take higher quality ingredients and break them down into a lower tier - thanks.

Rubius
Developer

Post#116 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:03 am

Cadeg wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:58 pm any idea when the ring vendor will disappear ? will it be as planned ( saturday 5th ) or do you have extend them also ( wednesday 9th ) ?
I'll confirm on the back-end, but most likely they will stick around a few days extra even once the event is over. (However, just to be safe, please do grab your rings prior to the event ending, just in case!)

We have a couple small event updates incoming in the next day or two as well. More details once they're ready!

Tesq

Post#117 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:12 pm

Keula wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:00 pm
Tesq wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:39 pm
Skullgrin wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:41 pm
Spoiler:

Something odd that I noticed is that I get 2-3 big lag freezes entering the Slaanesh area on my Win10 desktop, but it is smooth sailing when I'm on my older win 7 laptop. Also seems like it may be sound related somehow, as on the desktop after a lag spike there's multiple sound effects playing all at once. Dunno if that might help troubleshoot it, but I figured you might want to know.
it's either corrupted files or slow / malfunctionig hard disk, before they even reduces stuff in city i fixed by redownlaod all the client and move it into a diff HDD since my game HDD died, other ppl still get the problem so it wasnt texture related and i got it into other part of the game such entering underground pve tunnel but never understtod why, now i do it was HDD fault. (it was a 2014 HDD of the WD).

I tried redownloading the game, 3 different drives(sata ssd, pcie 3.0 nvme connected to chipset and pcie 4.0 nvme connected to the cpu) and removing all add-ons and user profiles, also played around with some nvidia control panel settings, no change, the entry lag is still there on WIn 10. it's less now that they removed some stuff, but it's still there, so it ain't files or drive that affect it, but something else that i have no idea what.
Lemme guess you are using hdd/ssd virtual memory instead have it disable right?

Check my guide try stuff here see if it work.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_rP ... p=drivesdk

Usually loading problems in specific part of game/map seems to be hdd/sdd related. Some hdd are very slow in load data indipendetly the type of cable/port you use for connect them, altough sdd should have not this problem

Keula

Post#118 » Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:00 pm

Tesq wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:12 pm
Tesq wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:39 pm

it's either corrupted files or slow / malfunctionig hard disk, before they even reduces stuff in city i fixed by redownlaod all the client and move it into a diff HDD since my game HDD died, other ppl still get the problem so it wasnt texture related and i got it into other part of the game such entering underground pve tunnel but never understtod why, now i do it was HDD fault. (it was a 2014 HDD of the WD).

I tried redownloading the game, 3 different drives(sata ssd, pcie 3.0 nvme connected to chipset and pcie 4.0 nvme connected to the cpu) and removing all add-ons and user profiles, also played around with some nvidia control panel settings, no change, the entry lag is still there on WIn 10. it's less now that they removed some stuff, but it's still there, so it ain't files or drive that affect it, but something else that i have no idea what.

Usually loading problems in specific part of game/map seems to be hdd/sdd related. Some hdd are very slow in load data indipendetly the type of cable/port you use for connect them, altough sdd should have not this problem
Ooh new stuff that i didn't think about.

Well tested no pagefile, bigger pagefile and the DEP thingy, unsurprisingly, nothing changed. Handshaking is near instant so not that either and I did test maxing vram memory speed again and some other nvidia control panel stuff for funsies with these new changes, still nothing. And i don't even have a harddrive so sata ssd is the slowest i have and there's no difference going from a sata ssd(some random TLC kingston one) to a pcie 4.0 nvme(980 pro), at all.

So i really doubt it's drive related and I'm just gonna go with the win 10 sucks for old games theory. Which is ok as the game runs "fine"ish afterall, it's just the added stuff in slaanesh or when logging in that's really bad.
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM

Ads
Rubius
Developer

Post#119 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:48 am

Hi everyone, we promised more updates once we had them, so here they are!

- First, event is being extended to allow more people time to craft their rings. This final extension will give everyone a full 7 days extra to gather materials and rings for their characters.

- Some of the teleport items to Isle of the Dead started expiring early. We've built a new repeatable quest next to the LE Herald that will allow you to pick up another in case yours is among those that vanished.

- Purple rarity materials will now be re-rollable, so they're no longer a dead-end for those who really want to try for the top tier mats, and don't care about the lower rarities. You'll be able to roll these again at a 1:1 ratio.

- Removed a few more Live Event game objects in Inevitable City.

Patch with these additions will arrive tomorrow. :)

Tesq

Post#120 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:18 am

Spoiler:
Keula wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:00 pm
Tesq wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:12 pm

Ooh new stuff that i didn't think about.

Well tested no pagefile, bigger pagefile and the DEP thingy, unsurprisingly, nothing changed. Handshaking is near instant so not that either and I did test maxing vram memory speed again and some other nvidia control panel stuff for funsies with these new changes, still nothing. And i don't even have a harddrive so sata ssd is the slowest i have and there's no difference going from a sata ssd(some random TLC kingston one) to a pcie 4.0 nvme(980 pro), at all.

So i really doubt it's drive related and I'm just gonna go with the win 10 sucks for old games theory. Which is ok as the game runs "fine"ish afterall, it's just the added stuff in slaanesh or when logging in that's really bad.
I'm sy to hear that.