Recent Topics

Ads

Works Reworks! 1.1 Alpha

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
IVendettaI

Works Reworks! 1.1 Alpha

Post#1 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:14 pm

I am going to create a topic that is more concise than the first one, with a clear idea of my initial suggestion.

First of all, to avoid all the PvP enthusiasts telling me what I already know since I play the game:

Yes, I know it's a PvP game. Yes, I know people like you love it, but no, it's not just about you.

Let's get started.

My initial idea was to make all the maps of Warhammer more attractive, so that people have something useful to do and not just have it there by default to say that it exists. Based on this premise, I believe the best way to proceed is to rethink the concept of professions.

Why? Professions are underutilized; in fact, I think most people don't even have professions IN THE GAME and still "get by" (in quotes because we can see that at least 80% of players are really weak and under-equipped). Professions are not really visible; when you're a beginner, you don't have a list of professions to know which one to choose. Yet, they are extremely useful because they are necessary for the current PvP optimization. Since most people are not interested in PvE, I think professions should be prioritized since they bridge both worlds (PvP and PvE), and if made more attractive, they could generate more interest in PvE and encourage more content additions at that level.

The existing professions will not disappear, but they deserve to be adjusted. For example, Cultivating is a relatively AFK (or at least passive) profession that is not the most logical. Everything is done through a window, and you can fight while "cultivating"; it's not really a profession, it's a mini-game. The plants in question should exist on the map and be harvested from there rather than being bought from an NPC and generated passively.

As for Scavenging - as I mentioned in my first topic - it would have a PvP appeal, somewhat in line with the initial idea of looting the dead, and thus the players we have just killed. It would still be useful in PvE.

In addition to the existing professions that will remain relatively the same, there would be additional professions, such as:

Foresting: This profession would allow the harvesting of resources from the forest, such as wood, tree fruits, sap, beehives, etc. This profession would be useful for all crafting professions.

Mining: This profession would enable the collection of minerals and various stones from mines or partially from the outdoors. It would be mainly useful for Smithing and Jeweler professions.

Cooking: This would be a derivative of Apothecary and would allow the creation of consumables other than potions, such as pies resulting from a fun event, for example.

Woodworking: This profession would involve the creation of siege weapons, resources for weapon creation, shields, weapon enhancements, etc.

And some modifications to existing professions, such as:

Cultivating => Farming: In addition to the plants for Apothecary, there would be additional ingredients for cooking, such as grapes, berries, cereals, herbs, etc.

Salvaging => Smithing: This would be a complete redesign, still allowing equipment to be melted to harvest resources, but to create new equipment. Smithing would allow the crafting of weapons and armor, and the potential improvement of existing ones.

Butchering => Hunting: The profession itself would remain the same, with fishing added. Fishing would allow catching more than just fish, such as debris or even rarer ingredients.

Talisman Making => Jeweler: In addition to creating talismans, it would be possible to create and upgrade jewelry.

As for Scavenging: The profession would largely remain the same for all PvE harvesting aspects, but it would also allow the collection of rare resources from player corpses for the creation of more complex items for all professions.

Not all dropable or purchasable equipment can be crafted, but it can be improved.

Almost all the resource spots in question are already in the game; they would just need to be made harvestable. Some minerals already exist, but I think there should be more.

Certain abundant areas should have PvP enabled. T1 maps with active PvP would not be accessible above level 16.

Professions should be learned by default and increased based on the attention given to them. If people don't want to pursue professions, they will still have Scavenging by default and have enough to contribute to the creation of new items and potentially a new economy.

As for the respawn rate of resources, I think it should be similar to the respawn rate of monsters: common resources respawn faster, while rarer ones respawn more slowly. To prevent people from monopolizing complete areas, all resources should be accessible everywhere, in varying quantities

Ads
Scottx125

Re: Works Reworks! 1.1 Alpha

Post#2 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:35 pm

Simply put. There aren't enough developer resources to implement what you suggest. And yes even though these systems were experimented with during live by the devs. They weren't fully implemented. It'd be cool if they could expand on those systems. But that's a lifetime away.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

IVendettaI

Post#3 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:58 pm

I know it's a huge proposal but devs can at least have a sketch of a potential project, so it's ok, I think I do a good proposal, better explained than the first one. If devs want work on this kind of project, they have an idea for this

bw10

Post#4 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:11 am

IVendettaI wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:14 pm I am going to create a topic that is more concise than the first one, with a clear idea of my initial suggestion.

First of all, to avoid all the PvP enthusiasts telling me what I already know since I play the game:

Yes, I know it's a PvP game. Yes, I know people like you love it, but no, it's not just about you.

Let's get started.

My initial idea was to make all the maps of Warhammer more attractive, so that people have something useful to do and not just have it there by default to say that it exists. Based on this premise, I believe the best way to proceed is to rethink the concept of professions.

Why? Professions are underutilized; in fact, I think most people don't even have professions IN THE GAME and still "get by" (in quotes because we can see that at least 80% of players are really weak and under-equipped). Professions are not really visible; when you're a beginner, you don't have a list of professions to know which one to choose. Yet, they are extremely useful because they are necessary for the current PvP optimization. Since most people are not interested in PvE, I think professions should be prioritized since they bridge both worlds (PvP and PvE), and if made more attractive, they could generate more interest in PvE and encourage more content additions at that level.

The existing professions will not disappear, but they deserve to be adjusted. For example, Cultivating is a relatively AFK (or at least passive) profession that is not the most logical. Everything is done through a window, and you can fight while "cultivating"; it's not really a profession, it's a mini-game. The plants in question should exist on the map and be harvested from there rather than being bought from an NPC and generated passively.

As for Scavenging - as I mentioned in my first topic - it would have a PvP appeal, somewhat in line with the initial idea of looting the dead, and thus the players we have just killed. It would still be useful in PvE.

In addition to the existing professions that will remain relatively the same, there would be additional professions, such as:

Foresting: This profession would allow the harvesting of resources from the forest, such as wood, tree fruits, sap, beehives, etc. This profession would be useful for all crafting professions.

Mining: This profession would enable the collection of minerals and various stones from mines or partially from the outdoors. It would be mainly useful for Smithing and Jeweler professions.

Cooking: This would be a derivative of Apothecary and would allow the creation of consumables other than potions, such as pies resulting from a fun event, for example.

Woodworking: This profession would involve the creation of siege weapons, resources for weapon creation, shields, weapon enhancements, etc.

Cultivating => Farming: In addition to the plants for Apothecary, there would be additional ingredients for cooking, such as grapes, berries, cereals, herbs, etc.

Salvaging => Smithing: This would be a complete redesign, still allowing equipment to be melted to harvest resources, but to create new equipment. Smithing would allow the crafting of weapons and armor, and the potential improvement of existing ones.

Butchering => Hunting: The profession itself would remain the same, with fishing added. Fishing would allow catching more than just fish, such as debris or even rarer ingredients.

Talisman Making => Jeweler: In addition to creating talismans, it would be possible to create and upgrade jewelry.

As for Scavenging: The profession would largely remain the same for all PvE harvesting aspects, but it would also allow the collection of rare resources from player corpses for the creation of more complex items for all professions.

Not all dropable or purchasable equipment can be crafted, but it can be improved.

Almost all the resource spots in question are already in the game; they would just need to be made harvestable. Some minerals already exist, but I think there should be more.

Certain abundant areas should have PvP enabled. T1 maps with active PvP would not be accessible above level 16.

Professions should be learned by default and increased based on the attention given to them. If people don't want to pursue professions, they will still have Scavenging by default and have enough to contribute to the creation of new items and potentially a new economy.

As for the respawn rate of resources, I think it should be similar to the respawn rate of monsters: common resources respawn faster, while rarer ones respawn more slowly. To prevent people from monopolizing complete areas, all resources should be accessible everywhere, in varying quantities
This PvP game is centered around player versus player combat and has been designed with a strong focus on that aspect. While I understand your desire to introduce more engaging content for players who might not be as interested in PvP, it's essential to remember that the core identity of Warhammer Return of Reckoning lies in its PvP-driven gameplay.

The existing professions have a role in the game's economy and provide options for players who want to engage in crafting and resource gathering. However, it's true that their prominence might not be as pronounced as in other games. This might be because many players find the thrill of combat and PvP encounters more appealing and choose to prioritize these activities over professions.

Introducing additional professions like Foresting, Mining, Cooking, and Woodworking might add depth to the game, but it's essential to ensure that these new mechanics don't overshadow the primary focus of the game, which is the intense PvP battles. The PvP community is the backbone of Warhammer Return of Reckoning, and it's vital to maintain their interest and involvement.

While offering more options for PvE-focused players could potentially attract new players and increase content diversity, it's crucial to strike a balance. Implementing such significant changes might require extensive development resources and could potentially shift the game's focus too far from its core PvP identity, which could alienate the existing player base.

One suggestion would be to explore ways to make existing professions more appealing to all players, whether they focus on PvP or PvE. Improving the visibility of professions for new players, adding engaging and interactive mechanics to them, and ensuring they contribute to the overall game experience could be a positive step forward.

Regarding the suggestion to enable PvP in certain resource-rich areas, it's essential to consider the potential impact on gameplay balance and player experience. While PvP encounters can be thrilling, forcing players into PvP situations while they are focused on resource gathering might lead to frustration and discourage players who prefer a more peaceful gathering experience.

In conclusion, it's crucial to find a balance between catering to different playstyles without losing sight of Warhammer Return of Reckoning's core identity as a PvP-focused game. By making incremental improvements to existing professions, enhancing their relevance, and finding creative ways to integrate PvE content, it might be possible to offer a more diverse experience without compromising the game's central PvP element. Remember, a successful game is one that satisfies its core player base while also being inviting to new players with varied interests.

IVendettaI

Post#5 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:45 am

bw10 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:11 am
IVendettaI wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:14 pm I am going to create a topic that is more concise than the first one, with a clear idea of my initial suggestion.

Let's get started.

This PvP game is centered around player versus player combat and has been designed with a strong focus on that aspect. While I understand your desire to introduce more engaging content for players who might not be as interested in PvP, it's essential to remember that the core identity of Warhammer Return of Reckoning lies in its PvP-driven gameplay.

The existing professions have a role in the game's economy and provide options for players who want to engage in crafting and resource gathering. However, it's true that their prominence might not be as pronounced as in other games. This might be because many players find the thrill of combat and PvP encounters more appealing and choose to prioritize these activities over professions.

Introducing additional professions like Foresting, Mining, Cooking, and Woodworking might add depth to the game, but it's essential to ensure that these new mechanics don't overshadow the primary focus of the game, which is the intense PvP battles. The PvP community is the backbone of Warhammer Return of Reckoning, and it's vital to maintain their interest and involvement.

While offering more options for PvE-focused players could potentially attract new players and increase content diversity, it's crucial to strike a balance. Implementing such significant changes might require extensive development resources and could potentially shift the game's focus too far from its core PvP identity, which could alienate the existing player base.

One suggestion would be to explore ways to make existing professions more appealing to all players, whether they focus on PvP or PvE. Improving the visibility of professions for new players, adding engaging and interactive mechanics to them, and ensuring they contribute to the overall game experience could be a positive step forward.

Regarding the suggestion to enable PvP in certain resource-rich areas, it's essential to consider the potential impact on gameplay balance and player experience. While PvP encounters can be thrilling, forcing players into PvP situations while they are focused on resource gathering might lead to frustration and discourage players who prefer a more peaceful gathering experience.

In conclusion, it's crucial to find a balance between catering to different playstyles without losing sight of Warhammer Return of Reckoning's core identity as a PvP-focused game. By making incremental improvements to existing professions, enhancing their relevance, and finding creative ways to integrate PvE content, it might be possible to offer a more diverse experience without compromising the game's central PvP element. Remember, a successful game is one that satisfies its core player base while also being inviting to new players with varied interests.
Thank you for your constructive response; it's very interesting.

I tried to propose additional professions that would increase PvP and even RvR optimization, with the example of "woodmaking" (which could indeed have a more accurate name than this, I don't know).

One of the biggest problems with the game currently is that people want to do PvP at all costs without bothering to optimize themselves, which means there is no real renewal of players who know how to play properly. It's enough for veterans to stop playing, and a whole realm collapses since the remaining players are under-equipped. People who stumble upon RoR by chance must find a game that feels "up-to-date" without falling into the typical classic or casual category. I believe that having professions with more depth would make players feel more impactful in the game, and it would give them the desire to have more complex equipment, create items for others, or even for themselves. Simply put, it would make them happy to create useful things for the game.

I'm aware that professions have more of a PvE appeal, but not exclusively, because in reality, everything created with such a system would be useful for PvP/RvR, and it aligns with the idea that "people will feel an impact on the game and will be more motivated to optimize themselves to make the things they create come into play."

Regarding the PvP system, I specifically mentioned that there would be distinct zones so that people are well aware of what they're getting into. They would go there with full knowledge. If they don't want PvP, they can farm in regular zones.

I agree with the idea of gradual improvement.

Everdin

Post#6 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:56 am

Why would going to a pve forest and gathering wood show anybody how to play properly.

You say that a big problem of the game ist underequipt players while people can just gear up through pvp.
These proposal are all about putting more effort in getting things together, this is not addressing the not existing problem you mentioned, it goes directly in the wrong direction.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Dajciekrwi

Post#7 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:22 am

The problem with the game is that every new player can't play without a warband. You can spend eternity in the woods, amass great equipment, but only organiastion in important for success. The question is whether the player will want to play long enough to participate in such a high degree of organization that RoR requires

IVendettaI

Post#8 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:27 am

No, the problem isn't " nobody play with warbands " you are really wrong if you think that. People play in warbands but people are really under-equiped. So yes I think people need to get more interested by optimisations, need to understand than the game isn't only PvP and YES farm in forest to get a better stuff I think is a good idea in fact. But you turn in ridiculous this because " hahaha farm in forest to get equipments " it's strange for you but isn't all of my suggestion. Some fresh lvl 40 still have green equipments. You think it's normal? Some people are lost in the game and leave the game because they are WEAK as fxck. So yes, farm in a forest to become better, I think it's a real good idea. What do you offer? to give equipment to people? And I think doing PvE when you are weak it's a good lesson to understand the weakness.

Ads
Everdin

Post#9 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:26 pm

People are underequipt because they won't put the effort in the game to get better gear, they won't do more extra steps to get equip If they aren't do it now.

Equipment is thrown after you in every corner of the game. Do pve Dungeons, do public quest do pvp. There is no need to put dev effort in more extra steps.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ninjagon

Post#10 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:48 pm

+ these are nice ideas which should expand the game content
+ this can help under-equipped characters
+ this can revive the nice PvE lands/zones, which some players never ever visited

- This is not a priority, instead of hundrets of bugs, ability tweeks and the real problem: low character population.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler: