Recent Topics

Ads

BG s/b ?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
GrumpyBeard97

BG s/b ?

Post#1 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:51 pm

Well I am in a conflict between Chosen and BG tank. I am concerned I would become bored with Chosen. I may be wrong but BG seems to be much more engaging to play. However I do not see any BG s/b tanks. Eevryone I have seen are 2H. Are BG expected to be 2H and a s/b not wanted?

Ads
Detangler

Re: BG s/b ?

Post#2 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:37 am

Except for the super elite tryhards, people wont really care whether you go s/b or 2h - they'll just be happy with any tank that stays within guard range. Having 1 BG with 2H is ideal for the extra 10% chance to crit for everyone, but most oRvR warbands don't min/max like that these days.

I had a lot of fun using s/b BG in scenarios ping ponging healers hitting them all with a 30 second outgoing heal debuff. Runepriests can't cleanse it so any scenario with just RP you absolutely neuter their healing if played right.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Garamore

Post#3 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:21 am

Thats not true - if more tanks played snb in rvr there would be better fights - its not just the sweaty tried hards. In small scale 2h is fine but in rvr please dont loldps and let your team down.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

LieutenantKrunch

Post#4 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:07 pm

I find SnB BG to be the tankiest of Destro tanks. They offer less to the group as far as buffs go but they make their guarded target near untouchable so long as they aren't being targeted by a slayer.

Vri

Post#5 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:28 am

If you run 2h in a wb. Take Wave of Scorn. Its a great slow. You have Chains, Wave, Crims. Something like this for 2h bg. https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 13,916,920

Kaeldrick

Post#6 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:11 am

Garamore wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:21 am Thats not true - if more tanks played snb in rvr there would be better fights - its not just the sweaty tried hards. In small scale 2h is fine but in rvr please dont loldps and let your team down.
Wearing a shield doesn't make a BG more efficient in WB and what really makes a tank last longer is his positioning, specially on destro because you face Rampage. Having some 2H tanks is very good and it doesn't mean that they are necessarily glasscanon speced.

SnB BG is a monster, 2H BG is also a monster so pick what you really want to play. I agree about Chosen with op : SnB is really boring.

tazdingo

Post#7 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:14 pm

2h. snb bg doesn't really do anything outside of kd. the block channel sucks compared to BO cause it just gets interrupted then has a CD, you never have the hate for the 5 sec KD and the whole high avoidance/terrifying foe superturtle thing doesn't work. a supported WL still kills you in 1 rot. IB does that way better due to flat dmg reduction

2h bg is very good, very viable, lots of builds

GrumpyBeard97

Post#8 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:10 pm

could I see some SnB builds please? Thank you.

Ads
Rapzel

Post#9 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:19 pm

GrumpyBeard97 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:10 pm could I see some SnB builds please? Thank you.
RoR.builders - Black Guard basic SnB

Vri

Post#10 » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:20 pm

GrumpyBeard97 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:10 pm could I see some SnB builds please? Thank you.
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 6,9920,920

You can goof around with the talents but you must keep the tacts that are hate based for buffs. You can change out rugged.