Recent Topics

Ads

Make SetAssist and Assist core abilities given at lvl1

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Culexus

Make SetAssist and Assist core abilities given at lvl1

Post#1 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:13 pm

Assisting is one of the most, if not THE most important requirement for getting kills in the game but 80% of pugs have no idea how to do it as it's so unintuitive. Gaining it at lvl1 would give new (and old) players time to get used to it as a fundamental part of playing the game and it will massively improve the gaming experience for everyone.

How many scs have been lost from players not assisting and spreading dps everywhere? How much of a fun gaming experience is it being part of one of those scs?
How many scs have been won by even a few players assisting? How much more fun is it being a part of one of those scs?

Hopefully when the ability rework is finally done this is something that can be implemented as it could make a big difference to the way the game is played and be a big help to new and old players.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Ads
Bosli

Re: Make SetAssist and Assist core abilities given at lvl1

Post#2 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:29 am

Assist is no ability in the sense of game mechanics and not a skill that the game locks or unlocks for the player.
- You could argue that SwiftAssist should be base implemented in the game download (agree), which only helps new install players. It's already in VinyUI anyway (I think/hope?), which is the standard for most players.
- You could make a suggestion for a "mail-quest" added very early like the RR trainer one (and Genesis trader later), which only helps players of new characters and requires them to actually read the quest text to explain assisting.

nebelwerfer

Post#3 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:56 am

The loading screen tips could be more helpful refarding this. Also having a group quest/pq where mobs heal so you need to assist to kill?

Phantasm

Post#4 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:15 am

Totally agree. There are some addons that so successfully replace original design that same as SOR should be inside the game already. /Assist command is part of a game, there is a Main assist button on screen, button on sc group (which i think doesnt work) so there is no debate to use it or not. There should be a way to explain that command to new players in a form of tutorial for sure.

Avernus

Post#5 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:40 am

nebelwerfer wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:56 am The loading screen tips could be more helpful refarding this.
Yeah, just like "do your class's job tip" helps us with dps healers and tanks who aren't guarding anything.

NSKaneda

Post#6 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:24 pm

- make a macro with /assist
- select friendly player
- hit /assist

be amazed by the number of tanks being focused...
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Culexus

Post#7 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:27 pm

Bosli wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:29 am Assist is no ability in the sense of game mechanics and not a skill that the game locks or unlocks for the player.
- You could argue that SwiftAssist should be base implemented in the game download (agree), which only helps new install players. It's already in VinyUI anyway (I think/hope?), which is the standard for most players.
- You could make a suggestion for a "mail-quest" added very early like the RR trainer one (and Genesis trader later), which only helps players of new characters and requires them to actually read the quest text to explain assisting.
This is why I'm proposing that they do become abilities. They behave in functionally the same way, but players have easier access to them from the get go and as an ability they will come with a descriptive tooltip on how to use them.

People will almost always choose the path of least resistance. This hands the player the tools they need to assist without asking them to do anything extra to be able to do it.
Bigun - 85 Black Orc
Brian - 70+ Choppa
Taff - 70+ Warrior Priest
Karak Norn Veteran

Sulorie

Post#8 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 5:41 pm

It is already included with main assist function and you can bind a key for it. New players have to look at add-ons anyway, so they can get assist add-ons beside other valuable ones.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#9 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:50 pm

Does anyone remember what was the addon that allowed ressing through walls in keeps/forts? Everyone used it and thinking about how sieges are today, this addon would be great and probably motivate actual defenses + attacks more because healers can be safer.

And make the aoe cap 9 again already! With 05s ICD on procs max and aoe HD back to dps Rp/Ze(I do miss it on my dok but dps dok died with shield) Engi/Magus magnet pulling 75ft up so from keep and fort walls back asap as well!
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Detangler

Post#10 » Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:07 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:24 pm - make a macro with /assist
- select friendly player
- hit /assist

be amazed by the number of tanks being focused...
This is why I have set assist hotkeyed as well. This happens so frequently that I need to sometimes bail on multiple DPS players in a scenario before I find one that actually knows what they're doing. Seems to happen more on Destro side for me....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable