Recent Topics

Ads

Ror playable on a steam deck?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sointu

Re: Ror playable on a steam deck?

Post#11 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:34 am

For past month I've been playing extensively on steam deck without keyboard and mouse.

Installing RoR on steam deck is really simple and the flexibility you get by the controller layout gives you tons of choices to find suitable bindings to your needs.
I'd still steer out from more complex classes, but for example WP / DOK in healing specs are more than playable. Only thing I'm currently missing are the melee skills, I could still fit those in but in many cases targetting enemy players gets really awkward so I've opted from using those that much.

Addons I'm running on deck are slightly altered vinyUI + WarTriage for easier time targetting group / wb members. If I had enough time I would make a bit more sophisticated UI to include using touch screen more while playing, ie. having potions etc around the corners instead of having to bind them to deck.

Deck can run all the content in game, even the lotd zergballs are playable.

Writing to chat is also quite hard since you have to use the virtual keyboard. I quess there would be ways around it also.

In the end it has been so much fun that I now spend 90% of my time playing on my deck instead on PC, would recommend trying out if you already have deck!
Necropolis | Nekropolis

Ads
Zxul

Post#12 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:23 pm

Who is willing to take up the challenge of playing bg/ib on steam deck?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Waaghtastic

Post#13 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:29 pm

Anyone keen to create & share a video how this game looks like on a steamdeck and how it's played? Really curious :-)

dirnsterer

Post#14 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:56 pm

I would reckon triggers to swap hotbar, map facekeys to 1-4. Perhaps possible to make it reset to hotbar 1 when trigger is lifted? Would give 20 buttons to use. Dpad up / down toggle through party / friendlies, dpad left / right toggle through enemies in some fashion.

Cadoo344

Post#15 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:56 pm

How do you get past the user agreement on the steam deck? The game will run and i can login but I can't get any inputs to respond on the agreement whether I use touch screen, bluetooth mouse, or dock it to a mouse and keyboard setup.

xpander
Community Management

Post#16 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:15 pm

Cadoo344 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:56 pm How do you get past the user agreement on the steam deck? The game will run and i can login but I can't get any inputs to respond on the agreement whether I use touch screen, bluetooth mouse, or dock it to a mouse and keyboard setup.
Maybe you need to minimize and maximize the game? I don't have a steam deck to confirm this but im pretty sure its using its own compositor kind of thing that maybe doesn't get correctly into focus since the launcher is stealing the focus or something.
I could be totally off though.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

Wiede

Post#17 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:33 pm

Maybe you need to minimize and maximize the game? I don't have a steam deck to confirm this but im pretty sure its using its own compositor kind of thing that maybe doesn't get correctly into focus since the launcher is stealing the focus or something.
I could be totally off though.
^this

Can Help with other Games "No Input"@start too, ff14 Steam Version e.g.

Cadoo344

Post#18 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:10 pm

I had thought something like that but no luck getting it to cooperate.

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#19 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:44 pm

Cadoo344 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:56 pm How do you get past the user agreement on the steam deck? The game will run and i can login but I can't get any inputs to respond on the agreement whether I use touch screen, bluetooth mouse, or dock it to a mouse and keyboard setup.
Try Steam Linking/connecting it to your PC, then click agree on PC. Should be a one off thing.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Cadoo344

Post#20 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:55 pm

Ha no luck, motherboard went out. That's why I'm fiddling with the steam deck