Recent Topics

Ads

WP 2h DPS Roam movie 2023

Fan art? Some amazing artists in here.
RvR Videos? 6v6 fights? Show off your skills!
Looking to stream the game? We encourage it!
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
yoluigi

Re: WP 2h DPS Roam movie 2023

Post#21 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:05 pm

Zxul wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:45 pm To speak of wb, did anyone actually tested how much Essence Lash/Smite spam hits for, on a dok/wp specced for a full dps and with -25% armor ignore? I mean, dok/wp can spam those for 20 sec without outside buffs, not the worst aoe out there.
bah it's the only good for wb play and last 20 seconds any kind of other aoe build can do way better. Nobody play wp 2h for warband it's really bad trust me if i gonna wb i gonna play a tank or real dps like choopa etc. Cant move fast or jump on any target just use the 20sec cooldown and wait an other 40 seconds .

Dackjanielz wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:53 am i think the design behind Wrath WP currently is that its supposed to be support DPS with AOE inside of a warband.....Or probably outside as no one wants it.

Trouble is this doesn't remove the fundamental flaw that once you spec in this direction you are a healer who no longer heals and that's bad.

Both AM/RP can still heal/support really well regardless of which build they spec for.
WP does not, not unless you bend over backwards like poor Yolugi here.
said we cant really support anything we dont have any kind of offencive/def support (lots of debuff tools or heals buff ones)

Ads
Scottx125

Re: WP 2h DPS Roam movie 2023

Post#22 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:48 pm

yoluigi wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:05 pm Like
Dackjanielz wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:53 am i think the design behind Wrath WP currently is that its supposed to be support DPS with AOE inside of a warband.....Or probably outside as no one wants it.

Trouble is this doesn't remove the fundamental flaw that once you spec in this direction you are a healer who no longer heals and that's bad.

Both AM/RP can still heal/support really well regardless of which build they spec for.
WP does not, not unless you bend over backwards like poor Yolugi here.
said we cant really support anything we dont have any kind of offencive/def support (lots of debuff tools or heals buff ones)
Yup, I've never thought of a WP as a pure DPS but more of a partial DPS that heavily debuffs enemies. Problem is everyone else does it better and the WP doesn't have any real debuffing potential. And the only way for Smite to be useful in WB's is if you have an SM who spams whispering winds for you. Wrath right now based on it's tree is heavily ST focused. Which makes no sense since it has no real burst and it's sustain is meh. The only way Wrath would become relevant in RVR right now is if:

1: It had amazing offensive AoE debuffs. - I prefer this option.
2: Had distance closers and burst for ST kiting/DPS. - Not really a fan.
3: Had more AoE damage pressure to act like an AoE DPS. - Maybe some AoE pressure, but should be part of option 1.
4: Was tanky enough to justify the lower damage, healing support and mobility issues. - Really what Grace should be. Super tanky, low damage hitting stuff to heal.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.