Recent Topics

Ads

Chosen - gear/set up do i need

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
jbrutal

Chosen - gear/set up do i need

Post#1 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 3:21 am

Hello anyone know what gear/stats for Chosen i would need to hit this hard screenshots pretty old like 3 years but i want to achieve this damage.
thx :mrgreen:
https://ibb.co/wRg9tvQ

Ads
Detangler

Re: Chosen - gear/set up do i need

Post#2 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:34 am

-Sov/warlord 5/3 - I'd personally focus on sets that don't have weaponskill, but to each their own.
-bloodlord weapon.
-All str talismans.
-focused offense.
-Pray no one targets you
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Zxul

Post#3 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:49 pm

Realistically main component is as slow as possible 2h. Problem is, chosen doesn't has a aa haste to really take advantage of it, then chosen in usual specs also doesn't has ws to make it really hurt, as can be seen in this screenshot.

On the side note, back in the day I did make a Cleave+ws based chosen and it did work fine. Was a long time ago though.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Fey

Post#4 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:11 am

DPS chosen is cancer. Thank you for your time.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

ismetto

Post#5 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:29 pm

Chosen / Support Tank (Best Build Ever!)

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,8353,8359
Live Server Karak Azgal / Norn - Ismetto
RR8X Punisher (Da Magnog Killa)
Youtube

Zxul

Post#6 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:09 pm

ismetto wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:29 pm Chosen / Support Tank (Best Build Ever!)

And how this build will help OP achieve the dmg from the screenshot?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

ismetto

Post#7 » Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:13 pm

Zxul wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:09 pm
ismetto wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:29 pm Chosen / Support Tank (Best Build Ever!)

And how this build will help OP achieve the dmg from the screenshot?
AOE or single target? The easiest character to play dps with is WL.
The dynamic is already ridiculous, the lion comes to you and pulls you with him :)
More active AOE damage than choppa or slayer...
6 - 12 age group ideal character..

Playing dps with Chosen.. doesn't make sense. Black Orc or BG is better in that regard...
Youtube

Zxul

Post#8 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:04 am

ismetto wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:13 pm Playing dps with Chosen.. doesn't make sense. Black Orc or BG is better in that regard...
Depends, thorns build actually adds a pretty nice base dmg to chosen, though most don't use it. Backlash+dmg aura+ Bane Shield, +magic reflect aura vs casters. Then there is ToP on top. And then Cleave vs parry twinks. Chosen doesn't really has burst, but it can kill fine with pressure.

Ads
ismetto

Post#9 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:36 am

Zxul wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:04 am
ismetto wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:13 pm Playing dps with Chosen.. doesn't make sense. Black Orc or BG is better in that regard...
Depends, thorns build actually adds a pretty nice base dmg to chosen, though most don't use it. Backlash+dmg aura+ Bane Shield, +magic reflect aura vs casters. Then there is ToP on top. And then Cleave vs parry twinks. Chosen doesn't really has burst, but it can kill fine with pressure.
It's all a matter of preference, if the Chosen survive, the party survives. The build I share (2hand or Shield), with high Wounds (1020+) and enough Toughness (1000+), will make the opposition uncomfortable enough. The purpose of Chosen is not to produce damage. It is to harass the opponent.
For 1 vs 1, of course one should prepare according to the opponent.
Youtube

drgozkan

Post#10 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:21 pm

ismetto wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:36 am
Zxul wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:04 am
It's all a matter of preference, if the Chosen survive, the party survives. The build I share (2hand or Shield), with high Wounds (1020+) and enough Toughness (1000+), will make the opposition uncomfortable enough. The purpose of Chosen is not to produce damage. It is to harass the opponent.
For 1 vs 1, of course one should prepare according to the opponent.
are you sure you know anything about chosen ?