Recent Topics

Ads

RetAlert: be alerted when hit by a Slayer's Retribution ability (100% abandoned)

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Garamore

Re: RetAlert: be alerted when hit by a Slayer's Retribution ability (100% abandoned)

Post#11 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:09 pm

I used it last night - works well and goes a long way to explain the insta channel interupts
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Ads
Omegus

Re: RetAlert: be alerted when hit by a Slayer's Retribution ability (100% abandoned)

Post#12 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:40 pm

Ladypriest wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:54 pm Imagine how many other private addons there are out there... and what can they do? Interesting...
At one point I had a custom add-on that played clips from the Angry Birds theme tune when using the Zealot's Storm of Ravens ability.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#13 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:10 pm

Omegus wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:40 pm
Ladypriest wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:54 pm Imagine how many other private addons there are out there... and what can they do? Interesting...
At one point I had a custom add-on that played clips from the Angry Birds theme tune when using the Zealot's Storm of Ravens ability.
did a conversion of the addon owospeak to war...
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/owospeak
Didn't release it since i deemed it an abomination to the human kind....
It's now burried in the lowest pit of hell (ie my harddrive)
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Akalukz

Post#14 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:19 pm

Emissary wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:01 pm Wouldn't it be a shame if others had an advanced version of this mod with auto interrupts. Glad that does not happen in this game, underground addons made for certain guilds would never fly.
Sure is good that doesn't happen.
-= Agony =-

Omegus

Post#15 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:20 pm

sullemunk wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:10 pm
Omegus wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:40 pm
did a conversion of the addon owospeak to war...
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/owospeak
Didn't release it since i deemed it an abomination to the human kind....
It's now burried in the lowest pit of hell (ie my harddrive)
You utter degenerate :lol:

Omegus

Post#16 » Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:25 pm

Akalukz wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:19 pm
Emissary wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:01 pm Wouldn't it be a shame if others had an advanced version of this mod with auto interrupts. Glad that does not happen in this game, underground addons made for certain guilds would never fly.
Sure is good that doesn't happen.
Private addons to help target callers find enemies of importance you say? Can't say I've ever made one of those.

Scragmuncher

Post#17 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:22 am

Toshutkidup wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:33 am I’ve come across few people that have some very fast interiors on channels. I’m also not saying anything nefariousis happening, some players could be that fast or have an add on that alerts when something is used. But not a super big issue imo.
100% agree with this, but i do feel that something is going on. Often when playing against the more established destro guilds, the very moment that I pop rampage or retribution I am instantly cc'd. It is so fast that usually the skill doesn't even hit once.
Had one fight the other day where this happened 3x in a row in a single fight.
If it was a small scale fight, I would be understanding, but when it's WB or larger fights and it happens regularly...

Omegus

Post#18 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:42 am

I should probably point out that Rampage + Retribution are so feared that pretty much any good destro player in a warband is looking out for it, and if you’re doing synchronised Retribution then it just needs one Slayer to start using that ability to cause the AOE interrupts to start being aimed at the Slayer ball. Even using Rampage is often a pretty clear signal that Retribution is about to be used.

Ads
Repulsion

Post#19 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:23 am

Scragmuncher wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:22 am
Toshutkidup wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:33 am I’ve come across few people that have some very fast interiors on channels. I’m also not saying anything nefariousis happening, some players could be that fast or have an add on that alerts when something is used. But not a super big issue imo.
100% agree with this, but i do feel that something is going on. Often when playing against the more established destro guilds, the very moment that I pop rampage or retribution I am instantly cc'd. It is so fast that usually the skill doesn't even hit once.
If it was a small scale fight, I would be understanding, but when it's WB or larger fights and it happens regularly...
Stop noticing.

Absinth

Post#20 » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:41 pm

Scragmuncher wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:22 am 100% agree with this, but i do feel that something is going on. Often when playing against the more established destro guilds, the very moment that I pop rampage or retribution I am instantly cc'd. It is so fast that usually the skill doesn't even hit once.
Nothing weird, go to the other side, roll a DoK or Choppa and you will notice that your channels also get cancelled (khaines refreshement in case of DoK and Bring it on/GTDC for choppa), its just that people focus on using the aoe interrupts when possible to make sure the most of the channels get interrupted especially if you see a slayerball and one of the slayers has popped off the rampage and is about to go on retribution.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert