Recent Topics

Ads

Muted in game

Let's talk about... everything else
Stateofwtf

Muted in game

Post#1 » Tue May 23, 2023 8:30 am

I tried to tell my wb that i was being attacked. After i typed the message it said i am muted in game and to contact a Gamemaster. I dont know the appropriate road to take to do that. So i apologize for writing it here. On a side note, i rarely ever chat in game so i dont know why i am muted. I do not insult people or call rude names. What did i do to be chat banned? How long does this last? Thank you and i am sorry if i did something wrong. I am never rude to anyone in the game. I dont insult people. I believe in respect. I want to respect the players. Respect is given. It does not need to be earned. In an online game. Not to be confused with real life. I respect all players. Thank you team members, devs, and GameMasters for everything you do! Thank you players for all you do too!

Ads
Avanos

Re: Muted in game

Post#2 » Tue May 23, 2023 10:00 am

You probably accidentally said a word that auto-mutes you for an hour. Its no big deal, I think most of us have done this.
Veretta the Witch Elf

JohnnyWayne

Post#3 » Tue May 23, 2023 10:42 am

Imagine having an optional client side profanity filter that does not randomly mute people for typos with no way to find a reason why. Instead of adding a proper spam filter they did this. Smh....

Sulorie

Post#4 » Tue May 23, 2023 11:16 am

JohnnyWayne wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:42 am Imagine having an optional client side profanity filter that does not randomly mute people for typos with no way to find a reason why. Instead of adding a proper spam filter they did this. Smh....
Words not allowed are blurred out like ******* in chat, when you write them in public channels. To get actually muted you have to do a lot more.
Dying is no option.

JohnnyWayne

Post#5 » Tue May 23, 2023 11:52 am

I wish to know what I've been called to be honest. This is the internet, I am not insulted by words of random strangers. I also don't have an unstable emotional state. That is why I'd rather have the option over being patronized. I'd also prefer the option to properly report what was going on, if things went too far. That is how it is handled by games in general for a reason.

I don't know if you remember, but this changes were brought in, because of a spammer that was spewing insults that went way over the top. I feel like the devs jumped into conclutions with a fast solution (rightly so), without fixing the actual issue in the long run (spamming, the client side profanity filter would have handled the rest, if people wished for it).

I find OPs name quite fitting for describing the current situation. :D You're welcome to have a different opinion on that matter. People nowadays also often times can't accept that anymore. *more head shaking*

Ashoris

Post#6 » Tue May 23, 2023 11:58 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:16 am
JohnnyWayne wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:42 am Imagine having an optional client side profanity filter that does not randomly mute people for typos with no way to find a reason why. Instead of adding a proper spam filter they did this. Smh....
Words not allowed are blurred out like ******* in chat, when you write them in public channels. To get actually muted you have to do a lot more.
I got banned in SC chat for an hour for writing that I made a * * * * stupid mistake :) it does not need that much :)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Scottx125

Post#7 » Tue May 23, 2023 12:38 pm

JohnnyWayne wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:52 am I wish to know what I've been called to be honest. This is the internet, I am not insulted by words of random strangers. I also don't have an unstable emotional state. That is why I'd rather have the option over being patronized. I'd also prefer the option to properly report what was going on, if things went too far. That is how it is handled by games in general for a reason.

I don't know if you remember, but this changes were brought in, because of a spammer that was spewing insults that went way over the top. I feel like the devs jumped into conclutions with a fast solution (rightly so), without fixing the actual issue in the long run (spamming, the client side profanity filter would have handled the rest, if people wished for it).

I find OPs name quite fitting for describing the current situation. :D You're welcome to have a different opinion on that matter. People nowadays also often times can't accept that anymore. *more head shaking*
I generally agree. But the GM's did this to reduce their workload and reduce the number of random long term bans. I get that. I would honestly just prefer a client side profanity filter.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Tue May 23, 2023 1:44 pm

Normal profanity gets the stars.
Bypassing profanity gets the mute.
Explicit insults gets the mute.
Really vulgar/inappropriate stuff gets the mute.

If you don't want to be filtered, keep it to private chats. Guild/party/tells, but be aware if your private messages are reported we will act on those manually.

We don't track these kinds of mutes, they're not used for any escalation purposes.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
JohnnyWayne

Post#9 » Tue May 23, 2023 2:13 pm

Shouldn't alliance also be considered private?
wargrimnir wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:44 pm If you don't want to be filtered, keep it to private chats. Guild/party/tells, but be aware if your private messages are reported we will act on those manually.
More on the fun side thoughts:
What if I don't want others to be filtered? I enjoy my feedback. :D
And dodging the filter - so a watered down version of an insult is worse than the actual one if it is not on your star list?

Zxul

Post#10 » Tue May 23, 2023 2:42 pm

Sometime the filter doesn't identifies the mmo slang correctly. For example, pretty sure I was once muted for a hour for posting something alongside "twink toughness", since apparently the filter identified "twink' as non mmo use of the word.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh