Recent Topics

Ads

After last update my FPS is capped

Let's talk about... everything else
loki1944

After last update my FPS is capped

Post#1 » Wed May 17, 2023 4:32 am

I don't understand how, but after the last update my FPS is capped to 99FPS in game; previously I could get well over 100FPS in-Game; and definitely could see it working in the main menu; but now the FPS is inexplicably locked to refresh rate. Disabling vsync or setting FPS limit to 1000 has no effect on this. I have tried AMD and Nvidia cards; same result. Does anyone know a way to fix this via some configuration file or something?

Ads
Tesq

Re: After last update my FPS is capped

Post#2 » Wed May 17, 2023 6:37 am

loki1944 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:32 am I don't understand how, but after the last update my FPS is capped to 99FPS in game; previously I could get well over 100FPS in-Game; and definitely could see it working in the main menu; but now the FPS is inexplicably locked to refresh rate. Disabling vsync or setting FPS limit to 1000 has no effect on this. I have tried AMD and Nvidia cards; same result. Does anyone know a way to fix this via some configuration file or something?
Are you sure you are using the war 64 exe? Maybe your client setting reset to default some way. In client setting select eperimental client or how is called dont remember now its the named war64.exe.

loki1944

Post#3 » Fri May 26, 2023 1:19 am

Tesq wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:37 am
loki1944 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 4:32 am I don't understand how, but after the last update my FPS is capped to 99FPS in game; previously I could get well over 100FPS in-Game; and definitely could see it working in the main menu; but now the FPS is inexplicably locked to refresh rate. Disabling vsync or setting FPS limit to 1000 has no effect on this. I have tried AMD and Nvidia cards; same result. Does anyone know a way to fix this via some configuration file or something?
Are you sure you are using the war 64 exe? Maybe your client setting reset to default some way. In client setting select eperimental client or how is called dont remember now its the named war64.exe.
Hmm; I don't see that option anywhere in the client; and if I try to launch directly from the War64.exe it tells me to use the launcher. But if I check task manager when game is running from the launcher; it shows War64.exe; so it must be running. This is happening with both AMD and Nivida since the last client/launcher update.

-Edit; ok, for Nvidia I think I got it; not sure which thing did it exactly; but I previously had the global vsync set to always off; I just now went in and set it to off on both executables 32/64, launcher updater, and launcher...and now the FPS cap is removed.

F4llen4ngel

Post#4 » Fri May 26, 2023 10:12 am

As I know, warhammer was always capped to 100FPS.
Bicska this Bicska that

Avanos

Post#5 » Fri May 26, 2023 10:24 am

Its actually a good thing you are capped to 100.
Lots of glitches past that, but if you really wanna go back:

Open Launcher, click on the gear (top right corner), select experimental.
Veretta the Witch Elf

loki1944

Post#6 » Fri May 26, 2023 12:18 pm

Directly instead of universally disabling vsync fixed it Image. https://imgur.com/a/dBV6Y1s

Tesq

Post#7 » Fri May 26, 2023 8:49 pm

Spoiler:
loki1944 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:19 am
Hmm; I don't see that option anywhere in the client; and if I try to launch directly from the War64.exe it tells me to use the launcher. But if I check task manager when game is running from the launcher; it shows War64.exe; so it must be running. This is happening with both AMD and Nivida since the last client/launcher update.

-Edit; ok, for Nvidia I think I got it; not sure which thing did it exactly; but I previously had the global vsync set to always off; I just now went in and set it to off on both executables 32/64, launcher updater, and launcher...and now the FPS cap is removed.
anyway for info in war client setting : "client version" -> experimental (is war64.exe)

loki1944

Post#8 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:12 am

Tesq wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:49 pm
Spoiler:
loki1944 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:19 am

anyway for info in war client setting : "client version" -> experimental (is war64.exe)
Thank you.

Ads