Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] Question about Bloodlord weapon

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Rewarc

[WL] Question about Bloodlord weapon

Post#1 » Wed May 10, 2023 9:30 pm

Hey,

so I recently found out that there is a difference in one of the Bloodlord Weapons for White Lion. All stats are exactly the same but I can choose between a 3.2 Attackspeed version or a 4.2 Attackspeed version.

I was wondering which one is the best to pick? I probably have both at some point since I need too run it anyways but I was wondering if there is a noticable difference between them?

Thanks for the answer in advance!

Ads
jshort

Re: [WL] Question about Bloodlord weapon

Post#2 » Wed May 10, 2023 10:01 pm

Take the 4.2 one. Your autoattacks will hit alot harder which will push your burst.

zgolec

Post#3 » Thu May 11, 2023 7:15 am

Slower weapon ftw.

Use it in solo / small scale.

For WB use subjugator / fort [or if you dont have it than CNT weapon with HD proc].
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Omegus

Post#4 » Thu May 11, 2023 10:20 am

Rewarc wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:30 pm Hey,

so I recently found out that there is a difference in one of the Bloodlord Weapons for White Lion. All stats are exactly the same but I can choose between a 3.2 Attackspeed version or a 4.2 Attackspeed version.

I was wondering which one is the best to pick? I probably have both at some point since I need too run it anyways but I was wondering if there is a noticable difference between them?

General answer for most occasions when picking between two weapons with different AA timers: the attack speed determines the frequency of the auto-attacks. 3.2s speed means one auto-attack every 3.2 seconds (faster), 4.2s attack speed means one auto-attack every 4.2 seconds (slower). Assuming the other stats are the same, the slower one will hit harder, but because it swings less often it won't be able to proc on-hit or on-damage effects as often as the faster weapon can.

Pick the faster weapon if you have procs you want to try and trigger more often, and if not then pick the slower one as when it hits it hits harder which can contribute to a significant spike in damage on the opponent.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Absinth

Post#5 » Thu May 11, 2023 5:22 pm

Omegus wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:20 am
Rewarc wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:30 pm Hey,

General answer for most occasions when picking between two weapons with different AA timers: the attack speed determines the frequency of the auto-attacks. 3.2s speed means one auto-attack every 3.2 seconds (faster), 4.2s attack speed means one auto-attack every 4.2 seconds (slower). Assuming the other stats are the same, the slower one will hit harder, but because it swings less often it won't be able to proc on-hit or on-damage effects as often as the faster weapon can.

Pick the faster weapon if you have procs you want to try and trigger more often, and if not then pick the slower one as when it hits it hits harder which can contribute to a significant spike in damage on the opponent.
Afaik blodloord weapons have no procs on hit, only that damage increase with reduction of your armor and toughness. But yeah its great explanation otherwise.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Omegus

Post#6 » Thu May 11, 2023 7:34 pm

Absinth wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 5:22 pmAfaik blodloord weapons have no procs on hit, only that damage increase with reduction of your armor and toughness. But yeah its great explanation otherwise.
The weapon itself doesn't have a proc, but your class might still have access to other procs from tactics, self-buffs and buffs from allies, procs on your armour from set bonuses, etc. All of that needs to be taken into consideration when deciding whether to go for a higher chance of getting procs or higher AA per-swing damage.

I have no idea how WLs actually spec/gear so I won't answer the OP's actual specific question :D
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ninjagon

Post#7 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:41 pm

There are some great procs for end game White Lion, for example 4th bonus from Triuphant armor
(Vicious Strikes - On Hit: 15% chance to reduce target's Toughness by 130 while increasing your Weaponskill by 130 for 10 seconds.)
But that does not mean, you do not need the greatest burst from auto attacks - you do.
So pick the one that suits you most. I am using the slow version of the axe.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler: