Recent Topics

Ads

Two new players - looking for guidance - pvp

Let's talk about... everything else
maysobano

Two new players - looking for guidance - pvp

Post#1 » Wed May 10, 2023 11:56 am

Hello! Me and my brother are downloading the server and looking to play. We’ve never played this game but are looking for some guidance on systems, pvp modes, meta.

We are long time wow players, heavily invested in pvp. We play at glad ratings in wow if that means anything to anyone here.

Anyways what sort of pvp modes does the at game offer? Is there a ranked team arena mode? Do you need to pve for pvp gear?

What is the pvp meta like, if there is a ranked mode like arena I’d be more interested in that meta.

There are a lot of classes and we’ll probably try a few each, but I was hoping the community could offer a more seasoned perspective.

Thank you and sorry if this is posted ad nauseam.

Ads
Miszczu5647

Re: Two new players - looking for guidance - pvp

Post#2 » Wed May 10, 2023 12:27 pm

If you going to play together create dps+ tank. No matter which one. Truly ultimate goal here is fashionhammer ;)
As for guard mechanic (tank job in pvp) it is uniqe for this game. Higly recomend to try it extensively.
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

BluIzLucky

Post#3 » Wed May 10, 2023 3:00 pm

Welcome welcome!

I'd recommend a dps+healer duo, if you want to dip your toes into duo pvp roaming.
Though if you want a tank, can heartily recommend BG.

If you are serious about meta gaming for ranked, you can review:
viewtopic.php?t=45761

A few things had changed since then, but nothing too much.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Absinth

Post#4 » Wed May 10, 2023 3:02 pm

If you guys are looking to play in 2man then good choice might be Ironbreaker/Blackguard + Shield Discipline of khaine/Shield Warrior priest
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Ashoris

Post#5 » Wed May 10, 2023 4:01 pm

Miszczu5647 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:27 pm As for guard mechanic (tank job in pvp) it is uniqe for this game. Higly recomend to try it extensively.
to be fair taunt/challenge/Guard is exactly like in SWtoR (even the percentages are the same) :)

this is a rather small private server so regarding the "ranked matches" dont expect anything (even if such a mode exists - its pretty dead rn - and only active when the community is comin together -organizing something)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Skirrata

Post#6 » Wed May 10, 2023 4:45 pm

-you can get gear in pvp and pve, theres multiple avenues. battlegrounds (called scs), public quests/dungeons for pve gear and rvsr which is raid vs raid combat.
-you want to buy crest(pvp currency) vendor armor starting at decimator , obliterator etc from the start because they will unlock wards( a mechanic which gates of gear tiers) and allow you to compete in early battlegrounds.
-all class are viable depending on what you want to do. Not that the classes are being put under any scrutiny in competition.
-the classes have rough mirrors on both factions
-dps tanks are very popular
-both order and destro are infested with tanks , even healers at 40.

Lilim

Post#7 » Wed May 10, 2023 4:48 pm

Hey,

the op is a bot.