Recent Topics

Ads

Correct my Black Orc

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Cuddlesthemighty

Correct my Black Orc

Post#1 » Tue May 09, 2023 12:15 am

Orridaxe, Black Orc currently 34/48. I'm still getting my bearings and have another list of questions (thanks to everyone that responded to my newbie post). I think the best way to go about this is to just list what I think I know, and have ya'll correct it and give a few questions as well. For this assume my end goal is RvR sword and board tank.

1)Endgame- So I'll cap with the level 35 warcrest set and all the genesis stuff (yeah probably don't need to do 80 crests of it, but I'm at 60 now so shouldn't be hard to get it all). I run PvE dungeons on cooldown to get ward gear and dodge spending too many crests on gear. Once I unlock last ward I grind out sov gear. The 80 page BO guides was a bit intimidating I couldn't find a solid answer on what the end game Black Orc tank weapons were. Assuming I start with subjugator set what is my progression for sword and board? What is the upgrade from genesis jewelry/cape?

2)Consumes- You can use 2 1hour potions, an absorb potion, AP and healing that have vendor and crafting variants you can also use that don't share a cooldown. If one of the 1hour potions is armor, what is the second one you typically run as tank? How do liniments interact with your normal 1hour buffs (even though I probably won't see those for awhile). Any potions that I missed?

3)Guild-I think I'm at the point where I want to find a guild. I'm mostly looking for Fri-Mon EST late morning early afternoon (9a-1p). Dunno if that puts me in late EU or early NA, but either or. I'm not super minmax (Clearly being green was more important to me than rolling a meta tank). Just looking for a group that runs Warbands and won't get mad about the usual newb questions. I do wanna be good at the game but I'm not here to push rank or anything.

As always any other tips are greatly appreciated!

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Correct my Black Orc

Post#2 » Tue May 09, 2023 5:38 am

For s&b tanking go with both rr61 def weapons.
Dying is no option.

Asderas27

Post#3 » Tue May 09, 2023 6:12 am

1) At 40, you should pick up some pieces of Conqueror ( gloves & boots can be picked up from AH, belt and one more cheap piece for 4 piece bonus) , ravack cloak (lair boss drop again check AH buy one with block), for rest of pieces do some t4 pqs and pick up some ruin gear for the armor bonus. For jewellery, no need to buy all the pieces, 3 pieces (remnant, fragment and the one with +24 toughness and +24 initiative) is all you will ever need. Personally i would suggest going for Winds Impervious 3 piece set from tome unlocks( check the wiki). 4th slot will be rough gunbad diamond. This set should set you up to do GB and BBBE just fine. I would suggest spending the crests to pick up Vanquisher set at rr60. It will be your main SnB set till Sov and its good enough for all content you might take part in. ( This is all assuming you might be pugging your pve. Established guilds often can boost your lowbie character through pve).
For weapon, just stick to scenario rr45 ones initially.
2) For consumes, its armor pot + 80 toughness pot for most part. You can either have a liniment or stat potion on at one time not both.
3) for guilds use forums or official discord to contact ppl actively recruiting and talk to ppl instead joining any random guild spamming /5 channel.
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

anarchypark

Post#4 » Tue May 09, 2023 12:33 pm

Start with a mixed PvE set.
You can use the shoulder (2% block) and glove (2% parry) from the Ruin (T4 PQ),
and the rest can be from Redeye (Gunbad).
This way, you'll get 2 armor set bonuses and have about 4200 armor in total without talismans,
which is close to the level of Sovereign armor.
However, the rest of the stats are low.
you can use full toughness talismans to aim for 600
or tailor your setup to your taste, whether you want more armor or wound.
Since you have a wound tactic, I recommend going for toughness.

For jewelry, you can use
Genesis Fragment of the Everlasting
Genesis Fragment of the Undying and Rough Gunbad Diamond.
The remaining two pieces should be respective Genesis pieces for the 2 set bonus.
when you get full vale-walker set, change cloak to ravack( lair boss )

The next step is to aim for the Onslaught (Ch22 PQ) and then the Vale-Walker (HV).
However, the Onslaught may be hard to get.
As an snb tank, it's recommended to aim for a 5% block/parry bonus from the set.
normally. but it would be a bit different for Destro as they are facing Slayer's Rampage.
Despite that, I'm just sticking to what I was doing for now.

With the new ward system, you can acquire all wards through PvE.
I'm pretty sure that the starter set can get you through all the dungeons.
As dungeon levels increase, the assistance of RR skills becomes more necessary.
For PvE, I recommend having full Futile Strike (minimum 45) then block/parry.
This may not be enough to carry a first-run group, but you should be able to clear it with a normal group.
As your understanding of dungeon mechanics improves, it will become easier.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Cuddlesthemighty

Post#5 » Tue May 09, 2023 12:55 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:38 am For s&b tanking go with both rr61 def weapons.
So I was having trouble finding these. Are these the upgrades of the genesis weapons or a different set. If different where is the vendor in IC for them?

Gladiolix

Post#6 » Tue May 09, 2023 1:08 pm

Cuddlesthemighty wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:55 pm
Sulorie wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:38 am For s&b tanking go with both rr61 def weapons.
So I was having trouble finding these. Are these the upgrades of the genesis weapons or a different set. If different where is the vendor in IC for them?
Right at the entrance of the place where all the other armor vendors (Undercroft) are in IC. Anathema in their name.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Cuddlesthemighty

Post#7 » Tue May 09, 2023 1:34 pm

Gladiolix wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:08 pm Right at the entrance of the place where all the other armor vendors (Undercroft) are in IC. Anathema in their name.
Okay there were two shields one with more block and parry and the other with crit reduction is one better than the other?

Sulorie

Post#8 » Tue May 09, 2023 1:46 pm

Cuddlesthemighty wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:34 pm
Gladiolix wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:08 pm Right at the entrance of the place where all the other armor vendors (Undercroft) are in IC. Anathema in their name.
Okay there were two shields one with more block and parry and the other with crit reduction is one better than the other?
The defensive sets have so much crit reduction, therefore getting more parry/block is better.
Make sure to buy the correct rr45 version first as the vendor has quite a lot items.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Cuddlesthemighty

Post#9 » Tue May 09, 2023 1:48 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:46 pm The defensive sets have so much crit reduction, therefore getting more parry/block is better.
Make sure to buy the correct rr45 version first as the vendor has quite a lot items.
Yeah saw the cost on those would break the bank just to get one of them so I'll keep an eye out thanks for info.

Sulorie

Post#10 » Tue May 09, 2023 2:08 pm

Cuddlesthemighty wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:48 pm
Sulorie wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 1:46 pm The defensive sets have so much crit reduction, therefore getting more parry/block is better.
Yeah saw the cost on those would break the bank just to get one of them so I'll keep an eye out thanks for info.
Those weapons are no priority and you need like 2000 crests for both rr61 weapons including the rr45 prerequisites.
Getting the armor pieces is more important. On my chosen I had sovereign set before I swapped from my rr34 weapons to rr61. :)
Dying is no option.