Recent Topics

Ads

Cant get almost any quests on a fresh chaos toon in IC

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
vekkth

Cant get almost any quests on a fresh chaos toon in IC

Post#1 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:13 am

edit 3 - I think I might be wrong and those quests come at lvl 16, I NM this one for now please.

I am not sure if its a bug or what, but two of fresh lvl 12 and lvl 15 chaos characters cant get almost no quests in IC, I found only 2, the one near starting zone and some other one. In videos (and in Order Capital) there are a lot of quets available as soon as you get into capital. I tried to clear chache, relog, walk out to the Maw by foot and walk in, relocate, do /rel etc and nothing helped. It is exactly the same on 2 completely different characters.

Thank you for looking into this, I will try to provide a proper bug report if its actually a bug not me misunderstanding something.

edit - forgot to mention that NPCs are there, they just dont talk/interact with my characters at all.

more edit - i did run full repair - didnt help. Also strange but my toon is always at the same spot in the IC when i log back, and its not the same i left it where i logged out.
Last edited by vekkth on Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Gladiolix

Re: Cant get almost any quests on a fresh chaos toon in IC

Post#2 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:51 am

Many quests in IC are only available at certain career rank, pretty sure you're just too low lvl for them to pop up.

Edit: You also don't get anything special from pretty much any of those quests, so you're not losing on much (other than lore, if thats your thing).
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

vekkth

Post#3 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:44 pm

Yes but I am absolutely sure that at lvl 12 and 15 my order characters got those quests. I don't mind missing them just want to be sure if it's a bug just for me or a common issue.

vekkth

Post#4 » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:41 pm

Ok actually I might be wrong and those quests come exactly at lvl 16, and I am misleading you peeps. Sorry, I will post later when i level to 16 if its still the case.

ekalime
Developer

Post#5 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:43 am

vekkth wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:13 am edit 3 - I think I might be wrong and those quests come at lvl 16, I NM this one for now please.
So I spent today looking into this for you, and aside from the fact that some IC quests were bugged, it seems that the majority of IC quests are set to minimum lvl 40. This is probably just what they were set to when RoR was set-up and no one ever bothered to fix them. It would take some time to actually analyze these quests (and fix them so they are user friendly, as I see most of them lack completion text and maps), but it is rather low on my priorities list if I'm to be honest.

I know it isn't much of a consolation, but Karak Eight Peaks (and Karaz-a-Karak) have the majority of their quests set to level 1, but do be aware that some quests (even further steps in a chain quest) open up at a later level, so just because you don't see it, but your friend said it is there, it doesn't mean there is a bug.

For what it's worth, I'll add reviewing IC (and Altdorf) quests to my ever-growing to-do list.

vekkth

Post#6 » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:07 am

ekalime wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:43 am
vekkth wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:13 am edit 3 - I think I might be wrong and those quests come at lvl 16, I NM this one for now please.
So I spent today looking into this for you, and aside from the fact that some IC quests were bugged, it seems that the majority of IC quests are set to minimum lvl 40. This is probably just what they were set to when RoR was set-up and no one ever bothered to fix them. It would take some time to actually analyze these quests (and fix them so they are user friendly, as I see most of them lack completion text and maps), but it is rather low on my priorities list if I'm to be honest.

I know it isn't much of a consolation, but Karak Eight Peaks (and Karaz-a-Karak) have the majority of their quests set to level 1, but do be aware that some quests (even further steps in a chain quest) open up at a later level, so just because you don't see it, but your friend said it is there, it doesn't mean there is a bug.

For what it's worth, I'll add reviewing IC (and Altdorf) quests to my ever-growing to-do list.
Domo arigato gozaimasu.