Recent Topics

Ads

Has Stealth Ever Been Done Well?

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Avernus

Re: Has Stealth Ever Been Done Well?

Post#11 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:55 am

Dajciekrwi wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:42 am 1. Best stealth mechnic exists in Elder Scrolls Online.
2. Nightblade ( ESO WE) have a nice stealth skill, You can choose antistaelth skill too.
3. Who use skill better - wins.
4. Will not lost my time to write about undetectable 5 wh partys
1. Yeah, sure, its totally fine when a wb+ just pops out of nowhere to kill you. Stealth for everyone (and their dog).
2. Indeed, nice skill,too bad you could counter this only when the game was just released (roots). As the development progressed, immobilization cc was made a joke and even stamina NB can abuse stealth, while magicka NB is now can't be killed unless he runs into the enemy lines screaming "kill me already". And all this antistealth are complete garbage, unreliable, or ineffective.
3. Nope.
4. What about everyone getting stealth? Because that's what elder scrolls about.

Ads
bradbury111

Post#12 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:01 am

Yes, I did. Stealth is bound to the rogue archetype and only one game did well and it was the assassin in guild wars 1: It hasn't stealth.

Sulorie

Post#13 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:31 am

bradbury111 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:01 am Yes, I did. Stealth is bound to the rogue archetype and only one game did well and it was the assassin in guild wars 1: It hasn't stealth.
Imagine being a rogue and unable to sneak towards your prey. Stealth is just the videogame translation of sneaking at times where you otherwise would see your opponent due to field of view or camera perspective.
Dying is no option.

RORquest

Post#14 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:11 am

It is broken it is toxic it promote really bad behavior, but i guess someone on staff or close friends plays them.

Example a stealth wh stay in front of enemy wc in pragg for hours just killing ppl in full sov. and some take it further they group in 2-3 just to kill solo player. It's no different then spawn camping.

HEY GUYS LETS MAKE THIS CLASS 1V1 ANYCLASS AND GIVE IT 3 STEALTHS A PERMA STEALTH A STUN BROKEN PROC DMG.

BTW jUsT gROup bRO tEaM gAMe.......... so why is a solo class so powerful?

Sulorie

Post#15 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:38 am

RORquest wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:11 am It is broken it is toxic it promote really bad behavior, but i guess someone on staff or close friends plays them.

Example a stealth wh stay in front of enemy wc in pragg for hours just killing ppl in full sov. and some take it further they group in 2-3 just to kill solo player. It's no different then spawn camping.

HEY GUYS LETS MAKE THIS CLASS 1V1 ANYCLASS AND GIVE IT 3 STEALTHS A PERMA STEALTH A STUN BROKEN PROC DMG.

There are no solo classes, just some classes better suited for soloing due to their set of skills. Any class performs better in a group.
Dying is no option.

Scottx125

Post#16 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:13 pm

The punt should be removed from their armour. That was such a stupid change giving a stealth class the ability to bypass and punt in their armour set.

Stealth classes need to be examined to see if their stealth if fundamental and hence limitless in duration, or for positioning for kills only. If it's limitless, it has to be balanced, especially considering WE has armour pen and KD.. I think it should be positional only, 30s stealth with a 10s cool down.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

warlover

Post#17 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:27 pm

Stealth needs a Buff to Perma :twisted:

warlover

Post#18 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:29 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:13 pm The punt should be removed from their armour. That was such a stupid change giving a stealth class the ability to bypass and punt in their armour set.

Stealth classes need to be examined to see if their stealth if fundamental and hence limitless in duration, or for positioning for kills only. If it's limitless, it has to be balanced, especially considering WE has armour pen and KD.. I think it should be positional only, 30s stealth with a 10s cool down.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Ads
Dajciekrwi

Post#19 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:54 pm

Avernus wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:55 am
Dajciekrwi wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:42 am 1. Best stealth mechnic exists in Elder Scrolls Online.
2. Nightblade ( ESO WE) have a nice stealth skill, You can choose antistaelth skill too.
3. Who use skill better - wins.
4. Will not lost my time to write about undetectable 5 wh partys
1. Yeah, sure, its totally fine when a wb+ just pops out of nowhere to kill you. Stealth for everyone (and their dog).
2. Indeed, nice skill,too bad you could counter this only when the game was just released (roots). As the development progressed, immobilization cc was made a joke and even stamina NB can abuse stealth, while magicka NB is now can't be killed unless he runs into the enemy lines screaming "kill me already". And all this antistealth are complete garbage, unreliable, or ineffective.
3. Nope.
4. What about everyone getting stealth? Because that's what elder scrolls about.
Jeee, Yosemite Sam , stop shootin to every target :)
ad 1) Honestly, Warband of wh can be in stealth already in RoR, strange they dont organise such thing,
ad 2) on my Dragon Knight i gave already two skill to interrupt stealtth, magica NB or not , and using with great effect :)
ad 3) You convince bro?
ad 4) Why Not ? just give everyone some tools to detect hidden , for example stack Initiative to found enemy?

Dajciekrwi

Post#20 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:58 pm

RORquest wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:11 am It is broken it is toxic it promote really bad behavior, but i guess someone on staff or close friends plays them.

In last friday, in KV was 5 wh near destro warcamp - it was pure cancer, they stopt almost half destro who want to join siege.
I cant wait till wh /we will start to organise a warbands, will be madness :mrgreen: