Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] why ASW dont have snare skills?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
xablau55

[SW] why ASW dont have snare skills?

Post#1 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:17 pm

The discussion I want to bring is that in addition to the many differences and disadvantages between squig and SW (obviously squig being superior) I ended up observing something that makes no sense. The squig has 2 skills called: Stop Runnin! (40% snare) and Big Claw (40% snare) the first of which can be used in any stance and the second only in mSquig. Guys, there's no point in playing with a melee class that can't snare! The problem here is that for the SW to use the snare he needs to switch stances, which results in a 50% reduction in total armor, that is, you need to spend 1 gcd to switch and use the skill and still lose 50% of her armor, please devs look at mSW is very unbalanced compared to all other classes of the right-hander, especially her mirror, the God Squig.

Ads
Rapzel

Re: [SW] why ASW dont have snare skills?

Post#2 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:46 pm

Where is the on target crit increase or the spammable heal debuff on mSH?

CyunUnderis

Post#3 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:49 pm

xablau55 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:17 pm Guys, there's no point in playing with a melee class that can't snare!
You have a snare (sure in a different posture, but you have it). For your information, WH/WE don't have a melee snare as well.

Also, snare can be provided by the rest of your group (if you don't play alone).

Sofong

Post#4 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:14 pm

serious? 1 ranged st snare, 1 ranged aoe snare and a self punt aoe snare not enough??

agemennon675

Post#5 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:29 pm

Melee snare is just one of many things that make ASW suboptimal and clunky compared to other mDPS classes which in return limiting orders melee warband building options like missing charge, self healing, spammable aoe option, competitive aoe dps output, aoe debuffs for utility etc.
Last edited by agemennon675 on Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Florian90210

Post#6 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:06 pm

What I want is squig's mobility. Those crazy balls jump everywhere making chaos and do AoE damage. I never saw melee SW doing anything useful at all.

Sever1n

Post#7 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:37 pm

Sw in dire need of rework for years. Was billion of topics but devs still ignor class that is very popular by order starters.

Avernus

Post#8 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:28 am

Sever1n wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:37 pm Sw in dire need of rework for years. Was billion of topics but devs still ignor class that is very popular by order starters.
They did it. And the result of it is the fact that SH is the king now and SW is trash.

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Post#9 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:36 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:49 pm
xablau55 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:17 pm Guys, there's no point in playing with a melee class that can't snare!
You have a snare (sure in a different posture, but you have it). For your information, WH/WE don't have a melee snare as well.

Also, snare can be provided by the rest of your group (if you don't play alone).
if WH/WE dont have snare, how do i get snared by them? :O

CyunUnderis

Post#10 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:16 am

rejndjer wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:36 am
CyunUnderis wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:49 pm

if WH/WE dont have snare, how do i get snared by them? :O
Like I said, " WH/WE don't have a melee snare as well."
They have a ranged snare (65 ft) that will slow only if you got hit in the back. If you strafe, you won't be snare.