Recent Topics

Ads

Reduced crests on surrender vote.

Let's talk about... everything else
Sapblatter

Reduced crests on surrender vote.

Post#1 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:58 am

I'm not normally one to make topics about stuff but I'm noticing it more and more, if the first engagement in a scenario isn't a push over people are more willing to just surrender and get onto the next scenario even its a fair fighting scenario.

Here's a link to what I'm talking about https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... 6caaab4b8c order got a early cap but after that it was just constant fighting and a pretty even scenario but as soon as the surrender option was available the scenario was over.

I don't really know the best way to sort this out but something needs to be done, it feels now scenarios are just queue up, play the scenario and accept the 3 or 4 crests, could we look at not rewarding the team that votes for a surrendered scenarios or reduce the crests down to 1-2 to encourage people to not surrender so easily. I understand its not enjoyable to be farmed by a better balance opposite team, I've had plenty of experience with this myself. Here's a example of myself getting farmed https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... f1455e1038 as you can see its a million miles worst than the one i linked above.

I would suggest something like:
Allow people to surrender on 3 minutes, no crests
Allow people to surrender of 6 minutes 2 crests
Allow people to surrender on 9 minutes 4 crests
Hopefully by rewarding more crests for the amount of time the scenario would go on for, people would be more willing to try and fight rather than taking the easy way out.

Ads
Akalukz

Re: Reduced crests on surrender vote.

Post#2 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:36 pm

so basically, go back to the way it was, make people get farmed for no rewards again. I am not a huge fan of surrender but it is better than before.

EDIT: Want to add that i do see your point, just dont' feel punishhing those who queued is the correct answer. The problem really is a dev problem with the way they make matches that are unbalanced.
-= Agony =-

shrredhn

Post#3 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:00 pm

Sapblatter wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:58 am I'm not normally one to make topics about stuff but I'm noticing it more and more, if the first engagement in a scenario isn't a push over people are more willing to just surrender and get onto the next scenario even its a fair fighting scenario.

Here's a link to what I'm talking about https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... 6caaab4b8c order got a early cap but after that it was just constant fighting and a pretty even scenario but as soon as the surrender option was available the scenario was over.

I don't really know the best way to sort this out but something needs to be done, it feels now scenarios are just queue up, play the scenario and accept the 3 or 4 crests, could we look at not rewarding the team that votes for a surrendered scenarios or reduce the crests down to 1-2 to encourage people to not surrender so easily. I understand its not enjoyable to be farmed by a better balance opposite team, I've had plenty of experience with this myself. Here's a example of myself getting farmed https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... f1455e1038 as you can see its a million miles worst than the one i linked above.

I would suggest something like:
Allow people to surrender on 3 minutes, no crests
Allow people to surrender of 6 minutes 2 crests
Allow people to surrender on 9 minutes 4 crests
Hopefully by rewarding more crests for the amount of time the scenario would go on for, people would be more willing to try and fight rather than taking the easy way out.
Most would surrender at 3 minutes then.

Detangler

Post#4 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:12 pm

We don't need both sides to be 2/2/2 before a scenario pops, we just want at least 1 healer in the queue on each side. Just one. Do this and you will see surrenders drop dramatically.

And yes, I get it that healers sometimes don't take the queue. You can't avoid that. But you can at least give 1 side a shot...
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

zuq

Post#5 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:42 pm

Perhaps increasing renown gain for the losing side, and attaching it to time-spent-in-match, would help? But then you'd have to fool proof this approach.

Alubert

Post#6 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:22 pm

For me, the surrender option could not exist at all, provided that all war camps barrieres were removed. So that there would be no situation that crossing the barrier you have no way to return to the wc.
To date, I do not know why this was invented.
I guess just to make things even worse for the losing side on sc.
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Dixa

Post#7 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:33 am

Detangler wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:12 pm We don't need both sides to be 2/2/2 before a scenario pops, we just want at least 1 healer in the queue on each side. Just one. Do this and you will see surrenders drop dramatically.

And yes, I get it that healers sometimes don't take the queue. You can't avoid that. But you can at least give 1 side a shot...
frequently being that one healer - it won't help. that one healer will just be melee trained to death.

Fey

Post#8 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:21 am

You have to incentivize the losing side to keep queuing, or the casual scenario scene will die.

I haven't played seriously since 2019, the hour or two I can jump on and queue scens has kept me around. After 2 or 3 stomps most will log to play league or goldeneye or whatever. A meager handful of crests will keep people queuing.

I don't even care much about the renown as that comes from orvr mostly. I need those freaking crests, and I have precisely zero friends playing so I have to do scens.

The surrender option is essential, cause getting farmed sucks a bunch, and there's no way I can make a premade as a random dude from a nothing guild.

The barriers and lack of spawn camp guards is another baffling issue that allows for spawn camping. That's another thread entirely. Do not punish the losing side further for the love of Christ.

It's the same **** with the city. Queue up, knowing you're going to get stomped. Do it anyway, and don't get **** in return. Haven't queued a city since 2019, have zero interest in doing so.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#9 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:00 am

Missing a few other options:

1) Stop turning scenarios that prioritize objectives into ones that prioritize fighting in a box. Cairn and Thunder Valley used to require groups to move around and cap (Thunder Valley a bit too much tbh) but at least it forced the premades to make a choice between sticking together or losing by default. Once some of those premades get split into two's and three's they aren't so tough anymore.

2) (Faster) diminishing returns on repeat kills after some arbitrary (TBD) number. Sure they can kill you over and over but at some point it won't matter anymore.

3) Bounty system for team getting pumelled i.e. they get some multiple (2x, 3x, whatever) for the first kill after getting slaughtered for a while. Might encourage folks to keep trying just to get lucky.

Or some combination of the above. Or leave it as it is. I'm fine with surrender as it stands even if it is frustrating sometimes. You can't make people want to fight so better to get a shot at new people than suffer with the teammates you got.

mynban

Post#10 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:48 am

It would go a long way if devs did not allow duo queueing for Discordant SCs.

Arent disc SCs supposed to be pug? I have been watching same duos farm disc SCs for weeks now, and they even coordinate with other duos. But since it is allowed there is nothing to report.

Make Disc SCs solo queue only, and keep remaining SCs for premades.