Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] What do you guys think about it?

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Scottx125

Re: [WP] What do you guys think about it?

Post#11 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:55 pm

Ruin wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:11 pm The 20% slow is not enought in my opinion you can't event catch a goblin with run away tactic with it, and that means you will die. So you lost a way to build up RF, and slow does not provide a meaningfull debuf to be woth it.
That tactic is ridiculously strong, one of the things that needs to be balanced better in future. You can have a whole WB chasing a goblin and he just keeps speeding away like he's chasing a taco.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
arthidian

Post#12 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:11 am

Dam I was hoping to play the game for the Warrior Priest, but seems they are having similar issues to Paladins in WoW. Can't the devs just look at Guardians in GW2 for mobility ideas...

Ruin

Post#13 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:57 pm

arthidian wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:11 am Dam I was hoping to play the game for the Warrior Priest, but seems they are having similar issues to Paladins in WoW. Can't the devs just look at Guardians in GW2 for mobility ideas...
The WP is actually really fun class to play now all his masteries are working and can create a multitude of different builds for difrent situations, it's just some skills do require some adjustments or rethinking. Like I think that Wounds buff on WP should be replaced. Since it diminishes the use of large group of Liniments or other abilities.

Scottx125

Post#14 » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:49 pm

Ruin wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:57 pm
arthidian wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:11 am Dam I was hoping to play the game for the Warrior Priest, but seems they are having similar issues to Paladins in WoW. Can't the devs just look at Guardians in GW2 for mobility ideas...
The WP is actually really fun class to play now all his masteries are working and can create a multitude of different builds for difrent situations, it's just some skills do require some adjustments or rethinking. Like I think that Wounds buff on WP should be replaced. Since it diminishes the use of large group of Liniments or other abilities.
It's literally one of the main reasons you bring a WP to a party... And masteries are working sure, but practical? That's a different story. Salvation is great everywhere, probably best everywhere too. Grace, only viable in small scale and ST cities. Even then Salvation performs better. Wrath.. It's not useful anywhere.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

jagar99

Post#15 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:44 pm

As a Grace only player, Warrior priest has its moments in scenarios and small scale. I have been pushing myself in ORvR because I find it challanging at the frontline and as a underdog for melee-healing class.

ORvR experience:

I have been testing methods with gear stats by increasing alot of armor with the impervious ring set of 3. Add some more strenght and then I might change it to more toughness. Its an ongoing process to tweak things. Really I find myself just behind in heals, but I put more effort in casting Sacarfice alot and not get a melee hit in rotation. I wonder why we dont have more support spell buffs for the group.

So far, I have realized that when I need to melee a moment. I have no boost in speed, mainly due to slow spells. Really, why does WP not have some speed boost when trying to hit melee. Can be specialized for Grace to give some boost in support.

Sinisterror

Post#16 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:24 pm

jagar99 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:44 pm As a Grace only player, Warrior priest has its moments in scenarios and small scale. I have been pushing myself in ORvR because I find it challanging at the frontline and as a underdog for melee-healing class.

ORvR experience:

I have been testing methods with gear stats by increasing alot of armor with the impervious ring set of 3. Add some more strenght and then I might change it to more toughness. Its an ongoing process to tweak things. Really I find myself just behind in heals, but I put more effort in casting Sacarfice alot and not get a melee hit in rotation. I wonder why we dont have more support spell buffs for the group.

So far, I have realized that when I need to melee a moment. I have no boost in speed, mainly due to slow spells. Really, why does WP not have some speed boost when trying to hit melee. Can be specialized for Grace to give some boost in support.
RvR and 24 Aoe Cap leaves little to no room for Melee Heals or anything but ae dps because Gank -> Tank. RoR.builders - Warrior Priest You have Shielding Grace ? Which is 10 sec cast/25-RF per second + can move while casting/Immune to Snares and Roots + 10% avoidances to your grp and every 1 sec your party gets 300 absorb for ranged dmg so that is 3k Absorbing. That is very good for catching runner and you OFC should spec to Quick Escape Renown.

Now im going to explain why Shield DoK/WP is detrimental to the game as a whole. Shield gives them Block which has been only for tanks and it is so powerful. Shield needed now to use Sigmar's Radiance the only AP using(35RF Regen also)Grp Melee heal skill that exists. Tactic that gives 25 % Melee healing Also Makes Divine Strike (SHIELD ONLY OFC) hit 2 Additional Targets 20ft within your target. Also it heals all allies within 25ft of defensive target.

Just with these Shield wp can use DS to Aoe Heal for 1000-2000 then Use SR to Regen 35 RF and 800-1000 Grp Healing. Now what Shield has done to Original Melee healing 2H Grace/Wrath WP. Judgement Costs RF now, it used to cost 15ap and it gave 15RF and this is another reason why its impossible to catch kiters. Also Sigmar's Radiance, the only thing that made Grace/Wrath WP able to Heal Grp for 650 HP and to Regain 35 RF now it cant be used with 2H... Guilty Soul used to heal Def target for full Dmg Dealt.

So before Shield was added Difference between Dps WP and Melee Heal WP was that DPS spec used Guilty Soul Tactic and Melee Heal used Grace of Sigmar 25 % Increased Melee heals. No Restricted skills and no Block(Which is just... pls revert) and you had to Hit+Do dmg to Heal your allies + you were treated as "Dps" In a sense that you needed Guard + 2 Heals to your party because ALL your healing came from how high dmg you do.

Now with shield You have worse dmg but 3X more Heals with NO worry about Righteous Fury and you achieve 3x + Healing results with 3 times less effort Just spamming SR DS SR DS compared to what Melee Healing was able to do before Shields were added.

Now RoR is alot more Defense oriented and has much higher Defense compared to War Aor. 6v6 In RoR No one dies ever and its boring. Thanks Shield WP/Dok for some of that! Even without Shield wp/dok No one ever dies in 6v6 so think about how much MORE defense and boredom these Shield WP/Dok brings to table.

Lets hope for 24 Ae cap to be reverted back to 9 + Aoe HD's back + Alll of the Crit RoR has Removed(Not counting Lotd) but kept chance to reduce Critical hits insanely powerful. RoR has 02s-035s Slower GCD compared to WaR which makes 2 less instant skills in 10 sec duration + 1-2s ICD of all Procs in RoR vs War Aor had 0s Icd.

IN SHORT; Grace/Shield does NOT need any kind of boost, it needs to be removed and bring back 2H WP Melee healing by doing dmg so we can get rid of this not doing dmg or no risk but still healing super high amounts.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Scottx125

Post#17 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:48 pm

Grace WP isn't that good. I can out-heal a grace spec WP as salvation any day of the week, even in my defensive spec. Only reason any organised WB brings a grace WP along is part of a ST party for extra dmg pressure and maybe the heal debuff (+ wounds). Which means going full DPS as your Grace build. However, I do agree I prefer the concept of running around smacking stuff to heal. It fits in better with the skill tree as it was. Salvation medium ranged casted healing, grace close ranged casted healing, wrath damage. But if they do go back to 2H grace healing, the healing would have to be amazing in order to justify the risk that playstyle has.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

mynban

Post#18 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:10 am

Sinisterror wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:24 pm You have Shielding Grace ? Which is 10 sec cast/25-RF per second + can move while casting/Immune to Snares and Roots + 10% avoidances to your grp and every 1 sec your party gets 300 absorb for ranged dmg so that is 3k Absorbing. That is very good for catching runner and you OFC should spec to Quick Escape Renown.
Unfortunately this is very misinformed what you wrote there. Unless you are running Quick Escape (at a VERY expensive RR cost) AS WELL AS sentinel gear that can proc a slow on your attackers, there is absolutely no way you are catching a kiter. If you use those setup, you gimped your dps so badly that unless you grossly out RR/gear the kiter you pose no threat to them.

As for Shielding Grace, it is NOT intended for a solo WP chasing a kiter, if anything it makes things worse since burns ALL your RF (100% of it) in those 10sec. Forget ever catching a gobbo, lets pick the easiest kiter to catch, a sorc;

You cast Shielding Grace and start running towards her
She strafes away from you casting and running away AT THE EXACT SAME SPEED you are chasing her, EVEN WITHOUT casting any slow on you
You can NOT even cast Judgement for a brief slow, since Shielding Grace is a CHANNEL
10 seconds later shielding grace ends, distance between you is SAME AS before you started chasing, also you are hurt, and most importantly you have ZERO RF left.
Now what?

It is clear you never really played WP, people shouldn't comment on classes they dont play in my opinion

Also, rest of your explanation on how shield WP is OP is again, devoid of reality of combat situation.
You get parried, blocked that is ZERO heals done for an activation.
You managed to land a hit on an enemy that has absorb/shield, again that is ZERO healing done on an activation.
You are slightly further than 5ft melee range, you dont do ANY heal until you reach someone. You have ZERO speed boost skills, you dont have unstoppable wrath since its 2H only, you are the easiest class to kite. You get snared/punted you are back to square one at chase game. There are many classes out there, unless someone else KD them you can never catch.

Even when poorly played Salvation is many times easier and more effective than an average shield WP. It only starts to shine at highest lvl of play with BiS.
Last edited by mynban on Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#19 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:17 am

mynban wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:10 am
Sinisterror wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:24 pm You have Shielding Grace ? Which is 10 sec cast/25-RF per second + can move while casting/Immune to Snares and Roots + 10% avoidances to your grp and every 1 sec your party gets 300 absorb for ranged dmg so that is 3k Absorbing. That is very good for catching runner and you OFC should spec to Quick Escape Renown.
Unfortunately this is very misinformed what you wrote there. Unless you are running Quick Escape (at a VERY expensive RR cost) AS WELL AS sentinel gear that can proc a slow on your attackers, there is absolutely no way you are catching a kiter. If you use those setup, you gimped your dps so badly that unless you grossly out RR/gear the kiter you pose no threat to them.

As for Shielding Grace, it is NOT intended for a solo WP chasing a kiter, if anything it makes things worse since burns ALL your RF (100% of it) in those 10sec. Forget ever catching a gobbo, lets pick the easiest kiter to catch, a sorc;

You cast Shielding Grace and start running towards her
She strafes away from you casting and running away AT THE EXACT SAME SPEED you are chasing her, EVEN WITHOUT casting any slow on you
You can NOT even cast Judgement for a brief slow, since Shielding Grace is a CHANNEL
10 seconds later shielding grace ends, distance between you is SAME AS before you started chasing, also you are hurt, and most importantly you have ZERO RF left.
Now what?

It is clear you never really played WP, people shouldn't comment on classes they dont play in my opinion
: D Dps WP was my first Main 2008 but whatever. Sea of Dreams -> Dragonback mountains -> Eltharion -> Karak Azgal -> Karak Norn.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

jagar99

Post#20 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:11 am

Is it me, but I sometimes find Divine Strike weak by 250-350 heals when I strike on a blob?

I rarely see it jump to 1000 heal.