Recent Topics

Ads

[SHAMAN] Survival and Ability Sequencing

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
bittrio

[SHAMAN] Survival and Ability Sequencing

Post#1 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:53 am

Yo!

My Shaman is leveled up to 24 now and has advanced to the top tier scenarios. Big problem though... I get knocked down, stunned, silenced, disarmed, w/e tf is happening. I'm getting CC'd to death where I can't move and all my abilities are greyed out.

How tf do shamans survive this blitz from opponents?

I know positioning is key and if I get caught out of position maybe I just die, that's fine. For the other occasions, what's the Shamans best ability sequencing?

I need to be able to survive. It's tough to rely on my team when you get good and bad teams in scenerios. I want to be able to survive on my own or at least have the best opportunity of doing that.

My tactics are Whazat behind you and Run away. My renown points are all in Futile strikes.

When the attention is turned to me and I'm getting attacked: I usually try to get my shield up (don' feel nuthin), group detaunt(does group and single target detaunt stack?), throw a dot on myself (quit bleeding), do the gork ability I can use while running (gorkll fixit) and just spam that as I run away, but it's not enough. If I get knocked down and my abilities disabled I'm usually dead before my abilities come back.

There's Sticky Feetz in Mork mastery that looks good.

TL;DR How do you best survive as a shaman and what order should abilities be played?
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.

Ads
Gladiolix

Re: [SHAMAN] Survival and Ability Sequencing

Post#2 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:18 am

If you're getting focused by multiple dps then you need to rely on your team to save you. Considering you don't have your full toolkit yet, your rotation looks pretty ok, I would also implement the AP drain (Yer not so bad), as pretty much all dps in midtier are ap starved, they stop doing damage if they don't have ap. You should also put wound talismans on all your gear, helps you survive burst damage and give teammates(and yourself) time to react.

No detaunts don't stack.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Bozzax

Post#3 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:15 am

1. More wounds or go full armor tallies
2. Epic 3pc jewelery with high resists is also a reasonable
3. Aoe KB when lion pull
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

bittrio

Post#4 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:12 pm

I'm sure my gear is a big problem. I'm still rocking level 8 or so items. There's no clear path for gear upgrades in this game. If you level through scenerios you have no idea where and what gear to get. Maybe that's something the devs can add in the game for new players.

About the talismans. What's the rules on those>? I bought a few lesser armor ones and they won't slot in some items. Think they're level 12.

Does talisman level matter vs gear level and can I not put 2 of the same talismans into same gear item?
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.

Gangan

Post#5 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:16 pm

-The rvr/sc- armor and weapons vendor are in the south of the IC. Spread around the area with the practice targets. The pve-vendors are in the slaanesh-quaters. (Iirc some new quests in low tiers have been introduced not long ago to help new players to get around with their gear progression)
-you can't slot a talisman if the talisman is off a higher level than the gear your trying to insert it to.
(Not sure if item- or gear- level matter)
-You can't slot two talismans of the same type in to a 2h weapon.
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

DirkDaring

Post#6 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:33 am

There is a Section on the main forum page that gives advice, tips on gearing up pre 40, ans how to get the best bolster stats etc, Look for a post directly above the General section titled Beginner survival kit . here are a few link from that section

How to max bolster viewtopic.php?t=37442

How to gear up pre 40. viewtopic.php?t=49459

Archmage, Shamy guide . viewtopic.php?t=42828