Recent Topics

Ads

my issues/fixes

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Allie
Suspended

my issues/fixes

Post#1 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:42 am

My issues:

zerg farm meta- most of RoR player base want to PvE RoR they will just log on to the side with the zerg for a PvE keep fort zone flip, 100 vs 15 fort is not fun, please remove all rewards if your side gets over 20% aao advantage stop rewarding this meta PvE farm

Pug WBs having 24 player- please cap player limit in PuG WBs as they make the zones stale as they just swallow up what little players there are & turn them into a zerg blob with the WB leader spamming "Follow" please cap PuG WBs to 12 players let Guilds/Alliances be the only ones allowed 24 players make guilds & alliances relevant again

Invisible class gank meta- 100 secs of invisible is not how invisible was intend to be it was meant to be a situational 15sec prep window, because invisable is over 1minute, we are getting ganks grps farming WCs & paths out side WCs with 2-6 invisible players waiting for 1-2 players & most of the time they target sub 40s

premades in solo ques- the fact you can sit in discord with stacked 2 2 2 groups & take the same SC pop kills SCs, you need to add a holding pen for players & have SCs pop on a 5min rotation to stop people form duo stacking.

Ranks solo- no good player wants to touch ranked solo as after season 1 the unskilled players that couldnt win in season 1 made a ranked solo discord & posted it in the forums then a Dev gave them the wink & made this alright, its not alright Ranked solo is just a small group of the player base sitting in discord farming solo players & if you dont join the discord they all turn on you & try to get you banned for throwing matchs,you could even make ranked guildalliance vs guild/alliance

all your good players just seem to leave as they dont want to play theses PvE metas & they wont come back until the game stop rewarding theses metas as these metas have culled RoR player base form 2000+ active players to now around 250(and that's being generous)

RoR is a PvP RvR game please to fixs to bring RoR back to what its meant to be

Ads
Allie
Suspended

Re: my issues/fixes

Post#2 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:04 am

side note
can we bring some classes back to codex law
eg squig herder can you make SH pure melee with a pike/spear/drums that poke the squiq/squigs to herd them SH is not ranged in codex law eg https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Goblin_Squig_Herder

White lion please remove the pet a White lion got its name from soloing a White lion to get its pelt as proof of your battle prowess eg https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/White_Lion

Telther

Post#3 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:38 am

No

Omegus

Post#4 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:59 am

Allie wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:04 am side note
eg squig herder can you make SH pure melee with a pike/spear/drums that poke the squiq/squigs to herd them SH is not ranged in codex law eg https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Goblin_Squig_Herder

White lion please remove the pet a White lion got its name from soloing a White lion to get its pelt as proof of your battle prowess eg https://whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/White_Lion
"Codex law" is basically what GW had produced miniatures for, and is not the ultimate source of truth regarding what exists in the Warhammer universe. Books, video games, RPGs, etc, all expand the universe. Remember, Games Workshop would've signed off on everything in the game (especially classes/careers, see the old Mythic dev diaries for discussions on that).

On top of which, you have things like the Disciple of Khaine and the Zealot which do not exist on the tabletop miniatures game and were designed by GW for WAR. They would not be considered "codex law" either.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Allie
Suspended

Post#5 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:24 am

Omegus wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:59 am
Allie wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:04 am side note

"Codex law" is basically what GW had produced miniatures for, and is not the ultimate source of truth regarding what exists in the Warhammer universe. Books, video games, RPGs, etc, all expand the universe. Remember, Games Workshop would've signed off on everything in the game (especially classes/careers, see the old Mythic dev diaries for discussions on that).

On top of which, you have things like the Disciple of Khaine and the Zealot which do not exist on the tabletop miniatures game and were designed by GW for WAR. They would not be considered "codex law" either.
its why i said "EG" & Mark Jacobs founder of mythic rushed the classes to mimic WoW as he took the contract by EA after the 1st company was dropped by EA for taking to long so Mark Jacobs used the old enginge from DAoC & reskinned it to mimic WoW all to save time, my point is the devs could make RoR closer to Warhammer codex law/table top which would suit warhammer better than a WoW clone built on an old game engine by a guy in it for the money.

Ristom

Post#6 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:35 pm

Invisible class gank meta- 100 secs of invisible is not how invisible was intend to be it was meant to be a situational 15sec prep window, because invisable is over 1minute, we are getting ganks grps farming WCs & paths out side WCs with 2-6 invisible players waiting for 1-2 players & most of the time they target sub 40s

you're right invisible classes are not in ror like in other games, no instant stealth after the cd and no permanent stealth without ap loss, the 2 sec build-up time can be interrupted by anything. with a 15 sec. you would change the class in the basic design and make it worse, but you wouldn't prevent the gank groups. the best tip: don't run solo.

ManBearSquig

Post#7 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:54 pm

Seems pretty accurate

Omegus

Post#8 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:03 pm

Ristom wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:35 pmyou're right invisible classes are not in ror like in other games, no instant stealth after the cd and no permanent stealth without ap loss, the 2 sec build-up time can be interrupted by anything. with a 15 sec. you would change the class in the basic design and make it worse, but you wouldn't prevent the gank groups. the best tip: don't run solo.
The long stealth duration is a ROR invention and was not like that on live. I cannot find the videos anymore, but Mythic were actually pretty against the usual perma-stealth rogue archetype which is why stealth was very restricted on live. It was mainly meant as an approach tool with WH/WE giving up Charge for it. The current ROR version is terrible IMO. Fixed none of the issues WH/WE have getting into some group content and just pushed them further into forming gank groups with each other.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Akalukz

Post#9 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:14 pm

it's pretty simple really, put rewards back into the campaign. Keeps/Forts drop Vanq / Invader gear in gold bags, could put trimuphant/victorious or fort weapons in City Bags. 2-3 Gold bags only in cities / Forts
-= Agony =-

reynold

Post#10 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:23 pm

As a former WH and now on occasion being a WH guild group healer I can say that WH still have light armor and they die very easily. Even if they have perma stealth theyre job is not safe. The reason they group up is because all the other classes do so if a group passes them then 1 WH obviously cant kill the whole group solo. But a group of WH vs a random group can stand a chance. Even then keeping a WH alive as a healer is not so easy cause again, light armor. All other classes rely on healers WH are no diff depending on build. I see WH die all the time. WH dont have some big advantage. That is a fantasy
Qui court deux lievres a la fois, n'en prend aucun! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2aOtO ... AU6sST9y3A