Recent Topics

Ads

Surrender

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Linux

Surrender

Post#1 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:57 pm

Can we get .surrender changed, it was a neat idea at first, now it is just being over used. Giving bad players an easy way out instead of improving is not good for the community as a whole. Making only players rr80+ able to start a surrender would fix it, thanks.

Ads
Caduceus

Re: Surrender

Post#2 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:08 pm

+
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

wachlarz

Post#3 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:25 pm

Linux wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:57 pm Can we get .surrender changed, it was a neat idea at first, now it is just being over used. Giving bad players an easy way out instead of improving is not good for the community as a whole. Making only players rr80+ able to start a surrender would fix it, thanks.
So only rr80 see enemy premade farm sc ?

Mordd

Post#4 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:36 pm

Linux wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:57 pm Can we get .surrender changed, it was a neat idea at first, now it is just being over used. Giving bad players an easy way out instead of improving is not good for the community as a whole. Making only players rr80+ able to start a surrender would fix it, thanks.
It should be more like you cant surrender if you are in a premade.

We dont find farming low rank pugs fun.

Lime

Post#5 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:48 pm

Surrender is to prevent prolonging one sided stomps and the strong team from farming graveyard while ignoring the objectives. Even "Good" players cannot win if they have bad class compositions, less gear/levels than enemy, fighting premades, or gets less players than other team loading in.

Furthermore, prolonging these games will make the side that is losing less likely to que again afterwards if they know that they will be getting farmed at graveyard for 12 mins instead of 5 with no way to end the scenario which is also not healthy for realm balance.
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG

wanna993

Post#6 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:38 pm

Making people quit the game because they're stuck in a game where they're farmed is much better for the game.
Stomping pugs as a premade is super fun.
People should learn to play vs premades that farm them when they likely have worse gear, no consumables, less renown. As we all know mmo's and RoR are purely about skill.

Just in case, /s.

Rydiak

Post#7 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:40 pm

When the enemy team has 35 kills to your 0, I'm not sure how suffering through 11 minutes of being camped at spawn can lead to a player improving their gameplay. Sometimes the RNG Gods see fit to give you a team without tanks, or without healers, and Surrender at least gives you the option to try again. Removing that as on option would only serve to hurt players and their desire to queue for SCs as they would rightfully see SCs as too risky of a time investment for little reward.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

yhani

Post#8 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:40 pm

it should be faster when matchmaking fail or pug sc should start only with 18 players to make things more even
Vadhal - kotbs rr80+

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#9 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:44 pm

Yeah, this is bad idea, it used to be 8 mins for surrender and got changed for a reason.. you can't expect others to be your renown farm, as someone that pugs a lot, surrendering at 11 is great and definitely prevents people from quitting the game entirely...
if it's truely onesided it will save everybody 5 mins, and if there's any doubt who will win the surrender usually gets down voted.

If this is really becoming an issue maybe they need to look at balance of queue time vs getting good setup again though I doubt there's much appetite for a third go? :lol:
Last edited by BluIzLucky on Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Detangler

Post#10 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:50 pm

I mean, you could definitely change it to 8 minutes. You'll end up having people just afk at spawn for 3 more minutes more often then not.

Too many players just give up after the first clash these days....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable