Recent Topics

Ads

Why this gaming is dying imo

Let's talk about... everything else
DonkOPP

Why this gaming is dying imo

Post#1 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:17 am

I'm recently back to the game after a lot of playing years ago. I played quite a few matches today solo on a Blackguard and lost all of them so when my cousin got home and I switched to Zealot and he played a Chosen and we started winning and it was awesome. After checking the server size and having around 96 sub 20 players the games were coming in slow, that's no big deal it's fun. Well it was fun till this player started complaining that I was doing this or that wrong and complained about what my cousin was doing as well. He totally ruined the vibe from a previous win streak and killed my mood to play the game at all. I hate to say it but I'm done, if the small community is going to be rude to returning or new players this game itself is finished.

The hour ban from chat didn't help admin, that's a bit much.

Over zealous players and over zealous admin. Bummer for such a wonderful game.

Ads
Martok

Re: Why this gaming is dying imo

Post#2 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:39 am

DonkOPP wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:17 amWell it was fun till this player started complaining that I was doing this or that wrong and complained about what my cousin was doing as well. He totally ruined the vibe from a previous win streak and killed my mood to play the game at all.

Hmm....

The first ever RoR Podcast (not counting the Dev's Q&A's) goes live this Saturday at Noon Eastern Standard Time. I believe this would be a good topic to toss around.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#3 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:16 am

as someone who came here from dota2 and gw2 world vs world shenanigans, i can confirm that there's infinitely less toxicity here than in games i've played before.

if someone is bothering you for whatever reason, there's a "mute" button. use it well.

tazdingo

Post#4 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:39 am

DonkOPP wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:17 am this game itself is finished.
pop has barely moved for 8 years outside of occasional swells, one of which we're currently in :?

SuperStar

Post#5 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:45 am

Martok wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:39 am
DonkOPP wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:17 amWell it was fun till this player started complaining that I was doing this or that wrong and complained about what my cousin was doing as well. He totally ruined the vibe from a previous win streak and killed my mood to play the game at all.

Hmm....

The first ever RoR Podcast (not counting the Dev's Q&A's) goes live this Saturday at Noon Eastern Standard Time. I believe this would be a good topic to toss around.

I have 1 question.

Will be twitch 💧💧💧💧💧?

Gladiolix

Post#6 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:07 am

DonkOPP wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:17 am I'm recently back to the game after a lot of playing years ago. I played quite a few matches today solo on a Blackguard and lost all of them so when my cousin got home and I switched to Zealot and he played a Chosen and we started winning and it was awesome. After checking the server size and having around 96 sub 20 players the games were coming in slow, that's no big deal it's fun. Well it was fun till this player started complaining that I was doing this or that wrong and complained about what my cousin was doing as well. He totally ruined the vibe from a previous win streak and killed my mood to play the game at all. I hate to say it but I'm done, if the small community is going to be rude to returning or new players this game itself is finished.

First of all, one person doesn't represent the whole community.
Second, if you broke the rules, you deserved your mute/ban. Instead of whatever name calling etc. earned you the ban, you should have reported the fellow (if he broke the rules ofc) and/or just put him to your ignore list.
Third, there are no games in which you find only nice people, maybe grow a little thicker skin. If the harrassing was really that bad, revert to my second point, report and/or put in your ignore list.
Fourth, game is definately not dying by any metric.
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

BW rr70+, KoBS rr70+, WP rr60+

Whyumadbro

Post#7 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:13 am

hello new player here, some people didnt treat me as the KANG i am, game bad and its dying because people said mean things to me! The other heavy moderatet games from blizzard would ban people for not treating me like a KANG.

wonshot

Post#8 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:25 am

Think you are forgetting the Real(m) Talk podcast we ran over on Fixxers channel 2-3 years back, and Gori also had his "power hour" podcast around the same year. but its nice with new ror driven community content!
Last edited by wonshot on Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bombling 92BW
Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP

Gombling 85MSH - Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 83Sorc - Destroling 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara

Ads
AgentSlevin

Post#9 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:13 am

wonshot wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:25 am
Think you are forgetting the Real(m) Watch podcast we ran over on Fixxers channel 2-3 years back, and Gori also had his "power hour" podcast around the same year. but its nice with new ror driven community content!
Short lived but with good content and depth... We had some fun on those :) Let see how this one on Saturday the 15th goes! :shock:

Azhag

Post#10 » Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:45 am

DonkOPP wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:17 am I'm recently back to the game after a lot of playing years ago. I played quite a few matches today solo on a Blackguard and lost all of them so when my cousin got home and I switched to Zealot and he played a Chosen and we started winning and it was awesome. After checking the server size and having around 96 sub 20 players the games were coming in slow, that's no big deal it's fun. Well it was fun till this player started complaining that I was doing this or that wrong and complained about what my cousin was doing as well. He totally ruined the vibe from a previous win streak and killed my mood to play the game at all. I hate to say it but I'm done, if the small community is going to be rude to returning or new players this game itself is finished.

Is there any proof that the game is dying?

Asmunder — 83+ IB
Asmundor — 82+ Chosen
Asmundus — 78+ KotBS
Asmundarion — 75+ SM
Asmundag — 73+ BO

And lots of other Asmund* toons.