Recent Topics

Ads

What are the rules for resetting Keep progress?

Let's talk about... everything else
Yellovvjack

What are the rules for resetting Keep progress?

Post#1 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:04 pm

So I've heard different things regarding what resets the Keep progress in a zone. Some say you have to hold all 4 BO's and then it resets after 10 min, some say you need 3 and the fourth can be neutral and so on. So what are the rules? I've seen zones getting insta reset with 3 BO's and the fourth being neutral, but I've also seen all 4 BO's being held for more than a minute yet no reset....

Ads
Akalukz

Re: What are the rules for resetting Keep progress?

Post#2 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:08 pm

Well, for order to reset destro it's 3 and neutral, for destro to reset order, it's 4 Bo's for 10 mins. /jk
-= Agony =-

Yellovvjack

Post#3 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:37 am

Bump.

Skullgrin

Post#4 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:00 pm

The answers you are looking for should be in the ORvR wiki page somewhere. I don't have time at the moment to find them, so hopefully the link will help...

edit: OK, I had the time after all, here's the relevant section.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Waaghtastic

Post#5 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:10 am

Skullgrin wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:00 pm edit: OK, I had the time after all, here's the relevant section.

No where in this wiki page is it described under what conditions *keep progress* is reset.

Lithenir

Post#6 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:40 am

Waaghtastic wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:10 am
Skullgrin wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:00 pm edit: OK, I had the time after all, here's the relevant section.

No where in this wiki page is it described under what conditions *keep progress* is reset.
He just missed the relevant section a bit. You had to scroll up to find this "Progress to the next Keep Rank can be lost if a Realm does not maintain at least one Battlefield Objective on the map."

Waaghtastic

Post#7 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:11 am

Ah yes. The link is a bit misleading but I also missed that part!

Still kind of a bit unclear.

> does not maintain at least one Battlefield Objective on the map

What does maintain mean? Does capping an objective counts as maintain or does it need to be capped (no timer)? And for what timeframe without an objective does the keep reset? I definitely saw keeps not resetting with no objectives at all.

Lithenir

Post#8 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:51 am

Waaghtastic wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:11 am Ah yes. The link is a bit misleading but I also missed that part!

Still kind of a bit unclear.

> does not maintain at least one Battlefield Objective on the map

What does maintain mean? Does capping an objective counts as maintain or does it need to be capped (no timer)? And for what timeframe without an objective does the keep reset? I definitely saw keeps not resetting with no objectives at all.
Well you need to cap it through so that the timer is gone and the BO has your factions color. So need to have control over it.
This means that if every BO is neutral and/or controlled by the other faction your progress will be resetting.

Ads
Yellovvjack

Post#9 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:53 pm

Waaghtastic wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:11 am I definitely saw keeps not resetting with no objectives at all.
What I've been seeing aswell. Made me think the game somehow runs on timers and it checks for a status like every 2 mins, so if you manage to recap a BO with that timeframe you could negate the reset or something.