Recent Topics

Ads

Squig Herder Survivability

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Goreshock

Squig Herder Survivability

Post#1 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:52 am

Since most of the High RR Squig Herders are mixing several sets to get more ballistic skill, are you using talisman slots for wounds, armor, toughness?

Ads
lemao

Re: Squig Herder Survivability

Post#2 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:44 am

No, they use WS talis mainly.

Ruin

Post#3 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:21 am

But remeber you want wounds in vicinyty of 9k

Grimir

Post#4 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:01 am

This is the second post i read today talking about 9k wounds for the SH ( viewtopic.php?f=71&t=49359 ).
But how the f...k do you reach 9k wounds on your RSH ? :shock:
I'm RR 81, still in invader for now, with full RR in wounds, and i just have around... 6.5K HP.
Do you reach those 9K hp with the end game gear sets ?

Waaghtastic

Post#5 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:13 am

You want to mix sets for the stat bonuses. Only with warlord/sov/triumph sets you should aim for the 4 pieces+ bonuses as you might have experienced, you will lack either wounds or something else and be very squishy.

Sent jewel + head + hand gives good stats and wounds buff. Also you can mix in some Bloodlord for good ws & wounds buff with 2/3 pieces.

RR points should go into 3x futile strikes and the rest into crit%, WS, parry and/or dodge according to your playstyle.

Ruin

Post#6 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:53 am

well i belive the idea behind 9k wounds, is that some dps can reach 7-8k burst/3 sec. So with little toughness and light armor defences Wounds are the only defence.

Phantasm

Post#7 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:32 am

Grimir wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:01 am This is the second post i read today talking about 9k wounds for the SH ( viewtopic.php?f=71&t=49359 ).
But how the f...k do you reach 9k wounds on your RSH ? :shock:
I'm RR 81, still in invader for now, with full RR in wounds, and i just have around... 6.5K HP.
Do you reach those 9K hp with the end game gear sets ?
I`m aproaching slowly rr80 and same issue bothers me. I usually run Msh so having armor grants some extra HP but in range mode i only have like 7500 HP.
What I came up with MixMaxing tool is:
Helm..........Sentinel
Shoulders.....Sov Main
Cloak..........Sov Main
Body...........Triumphant
Gloves.........Sentinel
Belt............Triumphant
Boots..........Triumphant
Jewel 1.......Genesis Aspect
Jewel 2.......Genesis Remnant
Jewel PVE....Sentinel + crit
Jewel PVP....Sov Main
Weapon M....Bloodlord Stabba
Weapon O....Fortress Shoota
Specing 3 Furtile Strikes, 3 Range Crit, 3 Parry, 3 Dod/Dis and using RangeCrit/Wounds liniment you can sit at 9000 HP in range mode.

Waaghtastic

Post#8 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:52 am

Phantasm wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:32 am I`m aproaching slowly rr80 and same issue bothers me. I usually run Msh so having armor grants some extra HP but in range mode i only have like 7500 HP.
Helm..........Sentinel
Shoulders.....Sov Main
Cloak..........Sov Main
Gloves.........Sentinel
Jewel PVP....Sov Main
Specing 3 Furtile Strikes, 3 Range Crit, 3 Parry, 3 Dod/Dis and using RangeCrit/Wounds liniment you can sit at 9000 HP in range mode.
I think that's basically my setup as well except I am using Fortress spear and Bloodlord bow (AFAIK low weapon speed -> higher range of damage -> higher damage on abilities, but I heard that this might not be true. Would be glad if anyone knows any reliable answer to this).

When it gets ugly and I need more survivability I usually spec 3FS, 3-4wounds and rest in crit% + dog/dis.

Ads
Phantasm

Post#9 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:56 am

AFAIK Msh use melee weapon as main so when I planned my sh i wanted Bloodlord as Main. Rsh indeed got Bow as main.

cmraz

Post#10 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:34 pm

Waaghtastic wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:52 am
Phantasm wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:32 am I`m aproaching slowly rr80 and same issue bothers me. I usually run Msh so having armor grants some extra HP but in range mode i only have like 7500 HP.
Helm..........Sentinel
Shoulders.....Sov Main
Cloak..........Sov Main
Gloves.........Sentinel
Jewel PVP....Sov Main
I think that's basically my setup as well except I am using Fortress spear and Bloodlord bow (AFAIK low weapon speed -> higher range of damage -> higher damage on abilities, but I heard that this might not be true. Would be glad if anyone knows any reliable answer to this).

When it gets ugly and I need more survivability I usually spec 3FS, 3-4wounds and rest in crit% + dog/dis.
So this intrigued me actually as i have the exact same squish problem... it's quite ridiculous really. WL's 2 shot me and I can't get them to 95% with 1050 ballistic and like 650 weaponskill... So i plugged these into my SH spreadsheet and this is what I got if going for max wounds. Can move a few things around or use RR/talis to cap Ballistics.