Recent Topics

Ads

New LOTD balance system - proposal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ninjagon

Re: New LOTD balance system - proposal

Post#21 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:09 pm

rejndjer wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:58 am dude you have same number of players on both factions on start, that's what he's saying. after first 10 minutes of clashes people of losing team start to afk/leave etc.
Well if this were true, I would not create any post about population balance at LOTD, ok?
Last LOTD was exceptional because pop was balanced. But usually it is not the case.
And when people leave with the first death - well, then they do not deserve to win!

Btw, if you are out of combat, you can actually stack almost unlimited numbers of characters at exactly one place - that way, they will all suffer from AOE, but at the same time, they can GENERATE insane aoe dps too :-)
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Ads
Asderas27

Post#22 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:15 pm

Order guilds struggling to get just beat Destro in kills against Freebootaz and Nugos.
Maybe its not population that is causing the losses imho.
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

Ninjagon

Post#23 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:12 pm

Asderas27 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:15 pm Order guilds struggling to get just beat Destro in kills against Freebootaz and Nugos.
Maybe its not population that is causing the losses imho.
This time yes, it was not about population, but better organization, movements, understanding the rules, whatever or just better play from Destro side. And it was fun.
Yes, why not? GJ, and we will see next time.

But population imbalance from the start, that SUX, really!
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Ninjagon

Post#24 » Sat May 13, 2023 9:33 am

We have beautiful day, well isn't it the right time, to bring back this topic?

Fix the population imbalance for LOTD and nobody can complain.
Simple change and we could have fights instead of slaughterhouse like yesterday.

Question is, do you want a competition or farming? Ask yourself.
Spoiler:

BluIzLucky

Post#25 » Sat May 13, 2023 10:18 am

1. I think this is a decent solution, though should have a 100 cap minimum.
2. And add AAO (and AAO debuff).
3. And add AAO based Victory Point modifiers (e.g. Order has +20% AAO, they generate 20% more points, while destro gets -20%.)
4. Fix/improve skelly patrols spawns
4.1. All initial spawns are mirrored (e.g. the patrol that spawn on Order river BO, also spawn on destro side)
4.2. Later patrols spawns on winning side's home territory
(Not sure to which extends it attempts to do any of this already, but just seems a bit random atm)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Kpi

Post#26 » Sat May 13, 2023 10:19 am

LOTD... i think i played this 4-5 times because always is on weekend, and usually i cant play on the weekends.

But when i played it, always was a destro blob killing all, without any chance of order players to do something. Only blob. A senseless fight, no glory, no tactics, no merit to win for the destro. Blob only.

Any changes will make it better than it is now
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Uberlix

Post#27 » Sat May 13, 2023 10:22 am

Ninjagon wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:33 am Question is, do you want a competition or farming? Ask yourself.

Good Idea, go ahead and ask Order why they bail out of LOTD in droves, all captured by Realmwatch on top of that.

Have you tried rolling a healer and reviving dead Order players, instead of reviving old Threads? Maybe things could improve then!

Kpi wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:19 am
But when i played it, always was a destro blob killing all, without any chance of order players to do something. Only blob. A senseless fight, no glory, no tactics, no merit to win for the destro. Blob only.

Yeah, because Destro won LOTD in the past even when 1k kills behind, because of the lack of tactics and vastly superior numbers kek.

The amount of copium you lot still huff, instead of changing your tactics and adapt is mindblowing to me.

Sorry that Sequencer can't give you LOTD wins :cry:
Last edited by Uberlix on Sat May 13, 2023 10:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
WWWWWAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!

Absinth

Post#28 » Sat May 13, 2023 10:25 am

Ninjagon wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:33 am We have beautiful day, well isn't it the right time, to bring back this topic?

Fix the population imbalance for LOTD and nobody can complain.
Simple change and we could have fights instead of slaughterhouse like yesterday.

Question is, do you want a competition or farming? Ask yourself.
The issue is not imbalance, the issue is lack of skill and certain people forcing the 5wb blob meta on order.
There is not a lot of play for order when majority of them sits in one ball and destro just caps everything.
They loose the first fight due to getting flanked and then blob at BO's next to their WC or leave the zone.
LoTD has lot of open areas and their blob techinque is not effective in such spaces you are just gonna get flanked but in tight spots like nikosi temple.
If you fail at forcing pressure on the map you have already lost the LoTD and every time LoTD happens it only proves this more.
People think that LoTD is about killing but its not exactly that its about strategy of mixing capping and killing (and as we know order does not keep the pressure), split all wbs into 6mans and let them PVE while ignoring fights as much as possible, you will see that you can easily win the game by just having points, afterall one of the NA LoTDs that i went into (and kinda lead the pugs) turned into close one because we switched from getting farmed to running around and capping points. (we were 2.5k points behind before we changed tactics, we have lost by like 50 points.)

Soo to reiterate: The issue lies between people moving the orvr playstyle into LoTD and not willing to adapt while destro takes advantage of order turtle blob.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Ads
Kpi

Post#29 » Sat May 13, 2023 10:43 am

Uberlix wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:22 am
Kpi wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 10:19 am

Yeah, because Destro won LOTD in the past even when 1k kills behind, because of the lack of tactics and vastly superior numbers kek.

The amount of copium you lot still huff, instead of changing your tactics and adapt is mindblowing to me.

Sorry that Sequencer can't give you LOTD wins :cry:
Who are u? I can't recognize that nickname on game

I have said what I have felt in 4-5 LOTD. Which now that I think about it is very similar to RVR. But it's not the players' fault that the game is now just Blob vs. Blob. What is certain is that the destro takes advantage of it much more in its favor.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Uberlix

Post#30 » Sat May 13, 2023 10:49 am

Except that LOTD is not about Blob vs. Blob.

And as long as Order don't realise that, even after getting told time and time again, nothing will improve.

And even if it is Blob vs. Blob, that is indeed the fault of the players. No one forcing Destro or Order to Blob, be it RVR or LOTD. Keep in mind, Blob vs Blob usually starts with one Faction gathering en masse to Zerg, which leads to the other faction having to Blob up as well, if they want any chance of getting things done.

Saying this isn't the fault of the players, no matter if it is Order or Destro, is delusional.
Last edited by Uberlix on Sat May 13, 2023 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
WWWWWAAAAAGGGGGHHHH!